• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Honeymoon Destination Advice thread...

So as some of you know, Im getting married Oct 6th and need some ideas for a place to go. I'm thinking Maui and maybe staying at the Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton but Im open ideas.

I feel like the pressure is on because I feel since I'm only really in charge of planning the Honeymoon, I just want it to be perfect!

Thanks

Might I recommend an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora?

Bora-Bora-Four-Seasons-Overwater-Bungalows-Overhead.jpg

It's not cheap, but there's nothing better than waking up after a night of romance and jumping right from your room into the warm lagoon...

Might I recommend an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora?

Bora-Bora-Four-Seasons-Overwater-Bungalows-Overhead.jpg

It's not cheap, but there's nothing better than waking up after a night of romance and jumping right from your room into the warm lagoon...

My original thought, but thats like $20k or so. I looked already, its like $5k in airfare alone and $1200 a night if not more.

Might I recommend an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora?[/IMG]

I just went there for a little over a week back in February. That would be my suggestion too.

My original thought, but thats like $20k or so. I looked already, its like $5k in airfare alone and $1200 a night if not more.

It'd be that much at the Four Seasons probably, but there are some other great resorts there. I stayed at the Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort which is rated only 2nd to the Four Seasons there. I paid $3500/week for a premium bungalow. Airfare was pricey, but was also part of an overall longer trip (New Zealand) so I can't comment on flights to/from the US.

I went to coasta rica for my honeymoon

didnt spend more than 3500 for the whole trip 1 week of fun.
everyone down there is from the USA anyway.

stayed at the Parador Hotel celebrities go there they have a wall of fame
every famous person that has stayed there has their pic up on the wall

http://www.hotelparador.com/

the prefer US dollars over their own money.

I just went there for a little over a week back in February. That would be my suggestion too.

It'd be that much at the Four Seasons probably, but there are some other great resorts there. I stayed at the Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort which is rated only 2nd to the Four Seasons there. I paid $3500/week for a premium bungalow. Airfare was pricey, but was also part of an overall longer trip (New Zealand) so I can't comment on flights to/from the US.

I prep'd to spend like $10k-$12k or so.

I went to New Zealand for my HM. It was awesome.

I'd also suggest Thailand, goto the island Koh Phangan and stay at the Santhyia resort: http://www.santhiya.com/

I just got back from a 2 week trip there. :biggrin:

I went here for my "Presidents Club last spring and it's top of my list for Honeymoon if I were to recommend a place.

That's also where Bill Gates was married and he co-owns the island/isle.

This is looking like a winner. Im thinking of flying into LA, staying for night and then going to HI. Need to see if anyone flies direct to HI from Newark, NJ.

This is looking like a winner. Im thinking of flying into LA, staying for night and then going to HI. Need to see if anyone flies direct to HI from Newark, NJ.

Unlikely, though United will take you via Chicago and Delta will take you via Atlanta.

Though, IMO if you want a uniquely Hawaiian experience, take a boring airline (such as the ones listed above) to somewhere on the west coast (SF/LA/San Diego/Seattle) and then take Hawaiian Airlines on to the islands. I use them every time and I love it - it's a real downer to start your vacation with drab aircraft interiors and tired, businesslike flight attendants, so I'm inclined to prefer the company that makes its living shipping happy people to and from their vacation destination

Actually looks like Hawaiian will even go direct from JFK starting in June, so that works with your schedule:

http://www.jaunted.com/story/2011/1...ian+Airlines+to+Fly+Direct+from+NYC+to+Hawaii

Also worth noting if you get skittish about air travel: Hawaiian airlines has the best safety record of any US airline, they've never killed anyone or written off an aircraft, and that is despite the fact that they fly entirely over water with nowhere to land if stuff hits the fan...

Last edited:
My wife and I spent 9 days in Maui, stayed at the Hyatt Resort up from Lahaina (sp). Got the package deal through Costco including airfare and I think it was about $6k. We had a really nice time, spent another $150-$250 a day depending on what we did. We spent a lot of time on the beach and snorkling, walking and enjoying each other.

We really enjoyed ourselves, the wife is pretty low key on the running around so we just relaxed after the wedding.

Miner

Re: Bonaire

We're here now. Dutch colony island; not glamerous, but very clean, laid back and comfortable compared to other Caribbean islands.

Of course if you scuba dive you probably already know there's no better bang for the buck.

Re: Bonaire

We're here now. Dutch colony island; not glamerous, but very clean, laid back and comfortable compared to other Caribbean islands.

Of course if you scuba dive you probably already know there's no better bang for the buck.

Where's that? I went to St. Maarten last year and really liked it.

Have you lost your mind...

Honda proving grounds... Toguchi... Japan... NSX factory. You finish it off with a tour at route KS and a stop at SOS's showroom in Phoenix. You let her touch a turbo or two...

Show her the kind of guy she married!!

high_five_jpeg.jpg

Bora Bora... gimme a break... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Kid:
"The hell with all that!" "Let's go to Seaside Heights and all get hammered!" Bride will have to get used to it anyway! :biggrin::biggrin:

Kid:
"The hell with all that!" "Let's go to Seaside Heights and all get hammered!" Bride will have to get used to it anyway! :biggrin::biggrin:

I do that every weekend just in Long Branch, always more than welcome to join. Open invite anytime.:biggrin:

Patron or Avion?

Back