• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How About Our First Spring Drive in '03

Hey Guys,

Although the weather is still a little spotty, I think it's probably the right time to start thinking about our first Spring Drive in '03. Still have fond memories of the Autumn '02 get-together, and would like to do something similar. I know there are also some good track days coming up as mentioned in other posts, but am keen to have a "non-track" NSX get-together as well. An event where we meet, check each others' cars out, maybe have a workshop or dyno, and then cruise around for a while on some nice twisties, ending with a nice lunch (or maybe continue on depending on interest and enthusiasm). I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Just want to throw out a date to get people thinking. How does the date of Sunday, May 4th sound?

Let me know your thoughts with respect to itinerary ideas, availability, thoughts on dates, etc.

PS -- This is going to attract a lot of the Chicago-land X'ers. However, would love to coordinate with the IN, MI and OH drive that is also being planned.

Regards.

NSXaholic said:
Just want to throw out a date to get people thinking. How does the date of Sunday, May 4th sound?

Several of us will be driving at Road America that weekend. (Right, Steven? Jeff? ;) )

SJJ28 mentioned starting regularly-scheduled meetings again. I'll remind him...

nsxtasy said:
...SJJ28 mentioned starting regularly-scheduled meetings again. I'll remind him...

Thanks. You are well aware of the other track committments over the course of the upcoming months nsxtasy. Keeping those dates in mind, do you have a suggested weekend date/date in end-April, early-May that would not conflict with those times.

Regards.

I'm up for something there was talk of a Dyno day maybe in May and I'm open these weekends.

10-11
24-25
31-1

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

Re: Re: How About Our First Spring Drive in '03

nsxtasy said:
Several of us will be driving at Road America that weekend. (Right, Steven? Jeff? ;) )

And I cant wait!!!!

SJJ28 mentioned starting regularly-scheduled meetings again. I'll remi
nd him...

Steven 91 Blk/Ivory

NSXaholic said:
You are well aware of the other track committments over the course of the upcoming months nsxtasy. Keeping those dates in mind, do you have a suggested weekend date/date in end-April, early-May that would not conflict with those times.

I would answer but I have to leave for the track now. :D

The weekend before May 4 or the weekend after May 4 (Mother's Day?) are possibilities.

NSXaholic said:
Am up for it too -- maybe even a WI (Kettle Moraine area) drive, including maybe a brief "spectate" stop (if allowed by event organizers) at the WC-BMW HPDE event that Ken, Jeff and others are at.

Later in May is OK too... I can help bring in other folks as well if necessary. Am open to ideas -- single/multi-marque, SOs (Mothers Day is 5/11), food, etc.

- Manuel

Our First Spring Drive in '03

nsxtasy said:
SJJ28 mentioned starting regularly-scheduled meetings again. I'll remind him...
Any news on these ??

As for possible near-term "drive dates"...
- weekend of Mothers Day (10-11 May)
- weekend of Putnam/BMW Buckeye (17-18 May)
- weekend before GMAN/CGI (24-25 May)
- last weekend in May (31 May / 01 June)

I'd be interested in maybe the 25th or month-end :)

I thought I heard a little birdie whisper something in my ear. I'm not sure exactly what he said... something about "18th" and "brunch" and "NSX Club". Maybe SJJ28 knows. :confused:

And don't forget, May 26 is still "Bring out the NSXs Day" at the CGI Motorsports event at GingerMan.

Gingerman HPDE events

nsxtasy said:
And don't forget, May 26 is still "Bring out the NSXs Day" at the CGI Motorsports event at GingerMan.
The Alfa Club and S2KCA are co-hosting an HPDE at Gingerman on Sunday, May 25. Details here --> http://www.s2kca.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=4537

Event site here -> http://www.s2kca.com/aroc/

I am told spots are till available.

This is the day BEFORE the CGI Motorsports event at GMan (Memorial Day Monday)... some folks might want to make it a 2-day program that weekend.

nsxtasy said:
I thought I heard a little birdie whisper something in my ear. I'm not sure exactly what he said... something about "18th" and "brunch" and "NSX Club". Maybe SJJ28 knows. :confused:

I will be at GingerMan on May 26 for NSX Day! I'm tentatively in for the NSX Club brunch on the 18th (for two), as well. :)

NSXaholic said:
Although the weather is still a little spotty, I think it's probably the right time to start thinking about our first Spring Drive in '03.
Anyone interested in ANOTHER country drive ??
We had a small group go out after the brunch...

Possibilities (for me) include the following weekends:
- June 7-8
- June 28-29
- 4th of July holiday weekend
- July 12-13

suggest we do this after the June Sunday brunch...

Back