• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How Can This Be??

alabamaredhead said:
This for sure is a scam! I sent him an email and he replied with this crap about the car being located in the Auto trader wharehouse (he's in the UK) and I will need to send $2000, blah blah blah.....IT'S FOR SURE A SCAM! This same exact thing happened to my father but instead of a car, it was a race horse. Dad was selling one and someone from overseas claimed to be sending a money order and well, long story short...the money order was a scam too. You have to be OH SO CAREFULL with transactions (especially if any part of it is involving an overseas person). If they seem too good to be true, they probably are. This creep knows he will get a TON of emails/calls about this yellow NSX at that price and his goal is to find some dummy that will actually send the $2K and he'll walk right off with it...
boy, if it were a real deal, IT WOULD BE A REALLY AWESOME DEAL EH?

Ha yeah i had something similar happen when i was looking for an NSX here in Chicago.

Saw a 2005 on Yahoo! Autos for 25k and was like WTF? So i emailed the seller and got the same "I'm in the UK...send deposit...will ship car" BS :tongue:

I really wonder if people actually fall for these scams anymore.

And on another note...

ME WANT CYBER KISSES TOO! :biggrin: :biggrin:

MiamiMermaid said:

LOL! But I see he is located within the U.S. ?? Often, I thought the scams were from persons outside the U.S. ? You think car damage/problems not specified ?

Hell no, we have a whole host of tricksters here in the states. The most popular scam it seems involves sending someone a cashier's check for more than the value of something and asking for the cash back in the amount of excess.

The person deposits the check thinking everything is okay. WRONG....the bank calls em in about 3 weeks letting them know that the check they accepted was fake and that the customer is responsible for the full amount! :eek:

I'm so scared of this happening to me, last time I sold a car, i made the guy bring me cash for the full amount. He was kind of skeptical, but I didn't care. I'm not messing around these days.

Back