• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How do you dry the NSX after washing it?

I use compressed air to blow out those crevices around the mirror and under the rear tail lights. These are the biggest PITA areas after car washing. That water drip is like the fountain of youth. It never stops flowing.

Yep that's the worst, I get some on my bumpers and on the doors from the mirrors...will drive you mad. Hell I won't let my gf roll down the windows until I think the window seal is dry and won't smear water on it. :tongue:

I use chamois. Finish off with Meguires Quick Wax everytime.

I use microfiber towels. I don't have a leaf blower, but borrowed my neighbor's once to dry my car. Bottom line, WAY to much noise for the benefit received.

When I'm King Of The World, leaf blowers will require a permit only given to hardship cases. NSX owners will get an exemption so long as the don't live next to me. :)

Baby diapers are great, as long as they do not have any sh*t still in them! :biggrin:

180790.jpg

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc...lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC1061-Cat3960&topnav=#

That's interesting, with pretty much universally favorable reviews.
And from Costco...

Damm, and all this time I thought NSX's melted when they got wet.

i used compressed air from the attatched hose after car washing and it comes out dry as a desert, then microfiber.

I remove the hose nozzle and turn the water on low and slowly rinse the car and about 80% of the water just beads off. Then I finish it using a waffle weave m/f towel.

Here is my take on this. I use microfiber towels and absorbers but the towels have to be high quality in my experience. Some of the cheap towels I have bought are pretty bad to the touch. I wouldn't dry my hands with some of these towels they have. I am all for the compressed air idea if I had it.

I want to add that in Las Vegas the water is hard everywhere around here so a water-filtration system would be great for cleaning the cars around here. Spots are such a pain in the ass around here. That is solution number one in Vegas.

I am considering buying this. I know there are favorable reviews, but any of you guys have ever used it? Is it worth to buy it?

Yes and yes. Not cheap, but so worth it. I hook it up to my gas pressure washer and go to town. Both together save me a lot of time and the cars come out consistently squeaky every time. I wouldn't put my nice cars through an automated car wash even if it was free.

All the guys saying use a shammy doenst have a black car, use your shammy on a black car and you will see what it does to your paint. well you can't see it on RED, doesnt mean its not there. Microfiber is the way to, go but its your car.

I use, and have for 6 years, Baby Diapers. they are super soft, absorbant and can be wrung out as they pick up water. After you get one of them too wet, just move on to the next diaper.

LOL, baby diapers? Seriously? Do you keep wiping until the diaper line changes colors and indicates it being soiled? :biggrin:

A good wax and seal has always been key. If you upkeep the wax, there's really not much to dry after a good wash.

Good stuff:
2BarryMeguiar16.jpg

I'm an absorber guy.

i am a black 92 and i have used a chamois since i have owned the car...the paint looks in better shape than my father's '08 Hummer H2 truck (both in black)

i use meguire's next generation tech wax every 2-3 months...in fact she has earned her wax with the great track weekend i just had :tongue: gotta wash her tonight!

the idea of a air compressor/ leaf blower would be nice if i had the car in a garage all day everyday...until then chamois it is! (things said in this thread will get me to purchase another new chamois though)

I just had a 25 gallon Air compressor installed in my home today and not a moment too soon. As I backed into my driveway, I heard a hissing from my tire of the Excursion. I ran over a screw. I first fixed the hole, used air to pump it up then I washed the truck and used the air to blow it off!

Back