• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How does a turbo nsx sound?

It's a subjective question and I've listened to a lot of the videos online- They all sound ok to be honest

I'm planning a custom twin turbo installation and it's one of the few things I wanted to clarify, was the sound
! My tuner says it sounds great- he has a high hp build with the sos kit

The na car sounds SO GOOD with the headers exhaust and intake, do the turbos add or detract from that?
A tt 911 or gtr doesn't impress me aurally in the least which is kind of what is driving the question!

As I said I know it's all subjective but any and all input would be most appreciated!

From what i've seen/heard Turbo NSX sound superb, i actually have one as my ringtone on my phone. I currently have a ctsc setup, and would love to go turbo just for the sound.

Depending on the setup it really depends, kind of like exhausts.

Some have deeper exhaust notes due to I think larger mufflers, while some with smaller and larger turbo's you can really hear the air being sucked in and almost "whining/whirling" around in the turbine housing.

Mine has been quoted to sound slightly like a gtr with a deeper tone. Changing my setup now so we'll see what it entails next!

Sound is a consideration....but realistically, what do I care? 675rwhp with gas coating $2.19/gallon Holmes. Last thing I think about is my exhaust.

They sound epic!!

Loved the sound of mine with STMPO Messiah and decat.

Now boosted, would never go back.

I went CTSC partially because I loved the current sound of my "custom Borla" exhaust (and did not want to change it). That exhaust coupled with the CTSC whine...I'm VERY happy.

I think a turbo nsx sounds like someone walking down the street whistling, while pausing to sneeze four times.:biggrin:

Last edited:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5SqP4F2Z5cM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back