• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How does the NSX Compare?

If you accept BM's NSX-R time as valid than you are guilty of a type 1 error. As if any of us need to explain, BM is notorious for playing favorites with the NSX.

<TABLE class="normal roottable"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>8:38</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Honda NSX</TD><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left></TD><TD vAlign=top align=left>Sport Auto, (08/1997)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That is the only time that can be considered a valid benchmark. Does it also bring me joy to know that with mods, the NSX can run a sub 8 minute time @ the ring, of course it does but just because there isnt any direct evidence on the internet to prove BM's shady tactics, doesnt mean they didn't cheat.

I know I'll so regret this but just for the sake of discussion.

If we go with the 8:38 time for the NA2 NSX and you say this is the benchmark then this opens up several other questions.

1. Do we then discount all other times for all other cars including those by Porsche , Nissan and Ferrari as they tested their own cars? It's safe to assume they would be biased towards their vehicles and use shady tactics?

2. The NSX-R is a modded vehicle in the same vein as the CSL it has the same type of reductions yet no one lists it has not having factory seats or cardboard trunk yet the CSL is not listed as a modded vehicle? So when you say a Modded NSX-R NA2 did a sub 8sec isn't that the truth since it's modded from the factory?

3. Lastly Sport Auto time for the NA2 NSX-R is 8:09 so we have a difference of 14 seconds splitting hairs on the tenths. This is a lot between drivers but not impossible. My link for that info
http://translate.google.com/transla...test/honda-nsx-r-sehr-r-freulich-1041188.html

I submit the above questions and information for civil discussion:biggrin:

Back