• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How many miles a year are you putting on the NSX?

I searched for "mileage year" in thread titles and only found a thread from 2004 as the most recent one.

I figured things may have changed since the NSX has become more of a collectible since then.
Very little has changed in the NSX world in the past four years. Most of the cars have gone from being 10-13 years old to being 14-17 years old, and prices of all but the newest cars (which are a small fraction of NSXs) have been stable.

Very little has changed in the NSX world in the past four years. Most of the cars have gone from being 10-13 years old to being 14-17 years old, and prices of all but the newest cars (which are a small fraction of NSXs) have been stable.

Didnt know that.

I thought the discontinuing of the NSX would have impacted the pricing a little.

Thanks for the info. :smile:

Also absolutely WRONG. (Check your math!)

I did the first calculation in my head, as all I wanted was an estimation, but:

1000 + 4500 + 8000 + 16000 + 18000 + 8000 + 7000 + 2500 + 3700 + 11000 = 79700

average... 79700/10... do I really have to do it?

dunno.gif

I did the first calculation in my head
And you did it wrong! When you have two NSXs, one with 6K miles per year and the other with 12K miles per year, it's wrong to count them as one NSX with 18K miles per year, as you tried to do above!

Furthermore, there's a difference between the MEDIAN and the AVERAGE. The median is the number such that half the examples are above it, and half are below. It is not the same as the average, which can be skewed by a handful of extreme numbers.

For example, let's say you have 15 cars. 7 of them have 2,000 miles per year, 3 of them have 5,000 miles per year, 4 of them have 20,000 miles per year, and 1 (Hugh's :wink: ) has 41,000 miles per year. The median of the group is 5,000 miles per year. The minority of cars with super-high mileage drive the average much higher - 10,000 in this case - but half the cars still have 5,000 miles or less on them.

When you're shopping for cars, or getting a sense of how much most of them are driven, the median is far more meaningful than the average.

You can find the median of the ones reported in the posts above by putting all the reports in order from lowest to highest:

4000 (3-5K)
4750 (3500-6000)

As you can see from this list, right now the median is somewhere between 4750 and 6000, with eight cars below that range and eight cars above it.

Really? Thats it? Why did I think it was much more?
I don't know. Mine's somewhere around 77-78K and it's not going to be driven before it hits its 18th birthday this December. So it's around 4300/year.

Last edited:
LOL...I figured I would take a break from writing an article on the different types of quantitative research.............Come here for R and R and you all are talking but stats.....hehehe

Would be nice if all Polls could be archived on one page,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Like This, but updated

http://www.nsxprime.com/previous_polls.htm

6,000 mile in the past 11 months. I'm enjoying every mile driven. No use saving the low miles for the next owner to enjoy. Been there, done that too many times.

You drove ONLY 275 miles in the first two weeks :eek: :eek: :eek:

In my first year of ownership I drove about 25000 miles.
I would drive it at any chance I had.

I would go out late in the evening or even in the middle of night just to DRIVE the car. Would go roads and places I would never have gone if it were not for having the NSX. Would take the long route home from work if the weather was nice.

I have the car now for six years and I still love driving it. I try to cut back but it is very difficult.
Whenever I feel not 100% happy, I just go out and drive it, even if it is only for a drive around town for twenty minutes and after than I am ok again :smile: Doesn't even have to be fast driving. Just relaxed cruising, window (halfway) down, nice piece of music on (the Mp3-capable Alpine player is very nice) can be enough.

With the current fuel prices as high as they are (and they are getting really high where I live, around 2.5 US$ per litre) I try to cut back a little. But it is still difficult to decide which car to take to work every morning.
Currently, I am at around 12000 miles a year.
Had a new set of rear tires mounted just this morning. Previous set was put on in January this year and they were practically bare.

*************** Warning ***************
The purchase of an Acura NSX may/will result in excessive amounts of unnecessary driving, caused by the addictive nature of the experience.
Other known side-effect are wasteful usage of limited natural resources, excessive spending of time on NSX-websites, increase of NSX-slurring in language, temporary RSI-effect of facial grin muscles, impulsive over-spending on limited value modification material behaviour, shift from normal human social interactive behaviour to compulsive NSX-related talk.
Psychiatric and/or financial counselling may be required.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS BEHAVIOUR CAN OR MAY BE HIGHLY CONTAGIOUS TO OTHER PERSONS IN IMMEDIATE VICINITY OF PATIENT -
BEWARE OF THE SIGNS AND STAY AWAY FROM VICTIM - AVOID DIRECT CONTACT WITH SAID PERSON OR ACURA NSX - DO NOT ACCEPT DRIVE INVITATIONS - DO NOT START NSX-RELATED DISCUSSIONS
*************** Warning ***************

^ Ha well i forgot to mention that my shocks are blown so driving isnt all that pleasant currently.

My coilovers should be installed shortly and i will be driving MUCH more.

you drove only 275 miles in the first two weeks :eek: :eek: :eek:

In my first year of ownership i drove about 25000 miles.
I would drive it at any chance i had.

I would go out late in the evening or even in the middle of night just to drive the car. Would go roads and places i would never have gone if it were not for having the nsx. Would take the long route home from work if the weather was nice.

I have the car now for six years and i still love driving it. I try to cut back but it is very difficult.
Whenever i feel not 100% happy, i just go out and drive it, even if it is only for a drive around town for twenty minutes and after than i am ok again :smile: Doesn't even have to be fast driving. Just relaxed cruising, window (halfway) down, nice piece of music on (the mp3-capable alpine player is very nice) can be enough.

With the current fuel prices as high as they are (and they are getting really high where i live, around 2.5 us$ per litre) i try to cut back a little. But it is still difficult to decide which car to take to work every morning.
Currently, i am at around 12000 miles a year.
Had a new set of rear tires mounted just this morning. Previous set was put on in january this year and they were practically bare.

+11111111

Still looking for a cheap daily driver myself, but for some reason, that process is going a bit slow :biggrin:

my berlina black is going on 3 yrs and a whopping 6 whole Miles. :eek: been a project since then and hasn't been stretched. Everything will be revived and driven the fall/winter time.
For what it's worth I sat in it and pretended which would have been countess miles. LOL
-g-

Last edited:
I was averaging about 3K per year but this summer is shaping up to be well under that average, my new 135i is getting all the road time. I usually leave the NSX covered in the garage till the wife starts threatening to drive it then I take it around the peninsula.

Not enough...less than 5,000 miles per year. On the bright side, they are, for the most part, "quality" miles. :D

on the on I have right now I put about 5000 a year give or take 500 miles. on the first one I had befor I put about 60k in a little less than 3 years. I use to dive that NSX all the time it was my dayly driver. It only left me on the road 1 time and it was when my clutch went out and it was just one block away from my aunts house so it was not that bad I just pushed it to her house. :)
I just have to say the the NSX just keeps going and going by far the best sports car I have ever had. But then again all the sports cars I have ever has have been nsx's. Wait I had a camaro once and that thing brock down all the time. I spent more money fixing the camaro than what a nsx car payment would have been if I was making payments on my NSX.

We've had polls in the past, and found that the median mileage on NSXs is approximately 5K miles per year.

Wow Im below the median. :eek: I average about 3400 miles a year. I've put about 31K miles on the car since 1999. I thought I'd be right at around average. Guess I need to drive the NSX more. :biggrin:

A bit over 2 years of ownership, put on 27,000 miles since day 1. So I'd say 12,000+ miles/year. Oh yeah, 90% of my driving is only on weekends. The other 9% is roadtrips. I tend to take LONG weekend drives :biggrin: Especially since my DD in the past 2 years has only done about 20k miles.

Last edited:
About 750 miles per year. :redface:

...Let's see...changed her oil when I got her...and again 3 weeks later...had 48k when I bought her in March of oh-six...just rolled over 92k...
Just as I thought...just north of 20k/year for my road mistress...

She loves her new headers and exhaust, although I think she's a little loud and I'm not quite used to her new tone after music lessons taught her to sing from her diaphram...

She's a sweet little grocery-gett'r though...

Oop, the key fob's beeping again...gotta run...Comin' Babe...!!

Signed, NSX-pecked, whipped, whatever. Q.D.

Back