• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How Many NSX's have you had?

BUT, since you mentioned it...keep coming sheep...as we giggle, count our money and short meat you....Mmm Ha Ha Ha...Mmm Ha Ha Ha (best evil laugh in text format I could come up with)

KIDDING!!!!

Subway rocks. "12 inch tuna on wheat" rolls off my tongue so sweetly it makes my mouth water, lol. This thread makes me want to own a Subway, but I'm sure it's a lot more work than the glitz and glamour of exotic cars in this thread make it appear.;)

This thread also reminds me of the one I started last year on nasioc entitled: "Who's owned the most WRXs? (or other turbo Subarus)" http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1223267&highlight=how+many+owned

Apparently I "won" with 7 WRX's. The NSX is clearly an altogether different animal (and hella more expensive), but I forsee multiple NSXs in my future as well, although for now I'm content to continue to invest for the next few years before adding another NSX to the stable.:cool:

I have been a Subway Franchisee sinse 1991. I recently opened my 20th store. However, I have 8 open now. I have sold 11 over the years (6 when I moved from GA to FL) and several here (closed 1 too I must admit). #1 franchise in the world for 18 years in a row..... We CRUSH McD's on $$ returned per $$ invested. I can build 10 Subways for the cost of 1 McD, and I make 1/3 to 1/2 of the net income of a single McD's. Thus, If I open 10 Subways for the same $$ to open 1 McD, I would (and have) make 3-4 times the gross $$ profit than McD;s. We typically pay for our entire investment in 1-3 years...McD return is 9-11 years... very simple math.

I was the youngest ever franchisee in 1991 (22) and youngest multi store owner too in 1992. I was lucky, damn lucky..right place, right time..I owe a lot to Subway simple as that.

I DID walk into my local Acura dealer in late 1991, in my FULL RED SUBWAY outfit (everything but apron)...at 22 or so, to put $$ down on their first NSX. THey would not deal with me, would not let me touch their floor model car...I went up the road, paid $9k over sticker (never again) and put it in service at the dealer who would not deal with me. You should have SEEN the look on the salesmans face when I got out of the brand new black.black car. He knew he made a mistake, and I just smiled, never said a word about it. I ended up buying 3 more there over the next 9 years. NEVER judge a book by it's cover right!

I have traded out of NSX many times, but end up missing it so much I get another.....repeat... :)
Sam

I am not the org poster..................
My Family own 3 in rural areas. You will be suprised how much money one can make. Location is key as with most biz. They have great Franchise opps and support .You dont need 1 million in the Bank Like a McDonalds........Would help, but not needed. In fact when my AUNT bought her first , the corp encouraged her to do 3 at one time. This was in the early 90's ................1st year turned a profit--Hired family as workers and managment---Helped... Back then a small store with avg traffic could make a 100k - 150k profit. Not sure now....I am the stepchild that didnt want to work in the fam biz at the time............

I can kick my self. I had Ops to get into ZAXBYS franchise which started at my college(GA SOUTHERn UNIVERSITY)...it was only 50k to start one...Now its over 500k and they sall have profit first year....I wanted a new car instead(NSX)...Now my freind has 8 exotic cars, with a 10 car garage....CALL ME DUMB

This is an easy question for me - ONLY ONE! :biggrin:

And I think this will be the only NSX I ever own cuz I'm not going to sell it for a long time.....

I waited for the car I want and this is one of the rare occurences that I got lucky and patience paid off getting the EXACT car I wanted.

Correct me if I'm wrong but many of you who own multiple nsx's keep upgrading to newer models for going for that ideal color but compromised along the way. That old adage of buying in a rush means buying twice?

The only car I've owned two of at the same time is the s2000 and even then I don't really see the point. Having multiple cars according to my friends is like having kids. Each one is a mouth to feed so better have some variety :)

rk

I've had ZERO!!!

But I plan to have two. One to buy myself after i graduate and have a job (I guess a Grad present to myself?)

The second is to get an 02+ Imola Orange Pearl...one that i won't have to probably sell when i'm getting married or because of kids.

Sultan of Brunei reportedly has 20. http://www.autoblog.it/post/4902/la-lista-delle-macchine-del-sultano-del-brunei

I'm not sure how old or accurate the list is.

Edit: Yes. I just realized that this was the NSX Owners subforum.

Last edited:
Back