• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How old were you when you first bought your NSX?

51. For me it is a toy, not my primary car. My lifelong rule has always been "never borrow money for toys". I have never broken that rule.

Got mine this year a week before my birthday, so I can say 26 :p

I've always held the NSX community in high regard for being more mature than other communities. Hopefully us younger guys can keep it up!

5 years ago at 22, financed through penfed for 5yrs but paid off in 3. Penfed is the way to go.

37 2 months ago ��

I got my Gen1 when I was 29 and I just my Gen2 at 49. It looks like I'll be due for the Gen3 when I'm 69. :D

I just noticed that I'm also the earliest registered member on the thread.

Last edited:
37, without one, but i'll be making moves soon to change that :D

DocL sounds logical to me LOL

29, Premier Financial leasing with large amount down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

66, 7 months ago...better late than never...cash..95, midnight pearl-have put on about 5500 miles, making up for lost time..
‘FYI: next car Tesla Model 3 - latest email from Tesla, delayed until February 2018..waited in line..

This might be the 9th time this has come up. I always think it should be titled who is the youngest to have the car paid in full, and not by parental money to be a fair measure.
I was 31 i think by that yardstick

52 Paid Cash - A Dream Come True<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/2c4bc113/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/2c4bc113/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

43. Never looked back.

I just bought one at 40. I've had Ferrari's and Vette's for the last 16 years. I really like the NSX always have and fell into a mint one with 71k miles for only $15.8 k (Salvage but perfect mechanically and 9/10 cosmetically). I figure the running costs on it are basically nothing and i'll always be able to turn it for a profit so i use it to keep the miles down in a fun way on the other toys. GREAT car

View attachment 148018
View attachment 148019
I wish that I'd come across a car such as this! A mechanically sound and nice looking NSX for under $16,000? Salvage title or not, a good deal, in my opinion.

I was 55 and purchased my car with a stock payout from work, so there was no loan. If you're in school, just keep in mind that while less expensive to own than most European metal, these cars still require a place in your budget (at least mine does). Student loan repayments, weddings, saving for and furnishing a house, other cars, medical expenses, spouses (!), and last but not least raising children are all expensive! If you can afford an NSX then by all means buy one, but just keep it in perspective. I would have had an NSX or other nice sports car long before were it not for all of the reasons listed.

Last edited:
32 when I found my ‘91. Picked it up for $25k with 64k mi. I’m the 3rd owner. My uncle had a GPW in ‘92 and that started the love affair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purchased at age 40 & paid cash. I purchased my first dream car 17 years prior - 1982 Porsche 911SC but grew tired of it. Developed arthritis, fibromyalgia, & a crumbling spine which made it miserable to drive. I sold my Porsche for 3x what I paid for it originally & it was the exact amount I bought the NSX for the very next day. The NSX was always my next “dream car” & everything worked out perfectly! I don’t miss my Porsche 911 at all!!!!!!

Back