• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How rare are Volk F-Zero Challenge wheels?

Just wondering how rare the Volk F-Zero Challenge wheels are. I have a set of them but am thinking of going to newer Volks, however they seem to be everywhere. I see a bunch of SF Challenge wheels, just not the F-Zero. Thanks in advance!

VolkFZerowheels.jpg

PS. Are these wheels era correct for the NA1 NSXs?

Last edited:
I do see the SF challenge pretty often. What's the difference between the two?

The SF is a 2-piece wheel with a lip on them and the inner lip is the same color as the face of the wheel, instead of blue like the F-Zero. I'm not sure if the SF is forged like the F-Zero.

yeah those are the right "era" for na1 nsx's, those are pretty old school and i imagine they would be pretty rare in nsx fitment, the only sets i have seen where non staggard 17's and 18's in 4lug and 5lug

FuryNSX, those are Volk F-Zero Daytona Speeds. The Challenges are forged, one-piece 5 spokers, while the Daytona Speeds are cast with 6 spokes, and hence a bit heavier.

Both are pretty rare.

On NSXAMG996TT's car:

attachment.php

Last edited:
Lol!

Hey Randy, I really liked the Daytona Speeds on Jon's car (based on staring at that exact pic you posted), so I found a used set awhile ago. Unfortunately, the set I found didn't fit quite right (front wheel offsets) and they felt darn heavy for a 17/18 combo.

This may sound odd but I have seen those wheels more on Supra's at least two or three, and once on a G35. This is the first pic I have seen them on an NSX. Go figure. :confused: Still nice though. :smile:

2024 visitor here, just bought a set of 18x9.5 (front) and 18x10.5 f zero challenge for 500$. Now running them on my 01, gs430

Back