• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How to get the cleanest windows?

No matter what I try, I'll always end up with streaks/smears of oil(?).

How do I get the cleanest windows, both inside & out?

Thanks.

If you are getting smears on the inside of the glass you could stop using armor all on you seats or dash. Rain X makes the outside of my windows smear. If you don't use AA or X, perhaps detergent such as tide or dawn will remove whatever contaminants you have.

I use liquid glass cleaner which I purchased at costco.

No can do on the Windex...the window tint film manufacturer specifically says no Windex (or anything with ammonia).

Since I have been driving I always had a problem cleaning my windows.

my solution... there is a 24 hour car was near me. After i wash my car at home, i go to the "out" section of the car was and park my car on their property. toss them a couple of bucks and get a damp towel from them. Spray my windows with the Meguiars final inspection and wipe em down. Spotless. Return the towel and drive home.

Thats my method

I also have tinted windows and after I wash the car I will use a mixture of dawn liquid soap and water in a spray bottle, to clean the windows inside and out and then invisible glass inside and out as well. Clean rags of course or paper towel. Invisible glass is safe on tint, this is the best method I have used. Trick to find out where streaks are (if any) try wiping inside of glass w/ horizontal strokes and outside of glass with vertical ones or vice versa.

the biggest factor in clean windows seems to be what towel you clean the with. I use the low pile side of a microfiber cloth. Meguiars quick glass cleaner is safe on all window tint and works fantastic. Also make sure the towel you wipe the glass with wasn't washed with fabric softener. That will cause smearing.

As others have said - invisible galss and microfiber GLASS towel.

Done.

glass_wax.png

Welcome back Joe!

Samose.....enema.....icleanup.......:biggrin: :wink:

CL65 Captain is a genious! Look at the link he provided. I assure you second to none results if you follow what I describe in this link. I have been using this combo for years on all of my cars!

Guys....try this combo. I use it on my NSX, C6 Corvette, Hummer and wifey's Expedition (aka: tank). You will not believe the results! NO smears, streaks or dirty windows; inside or out. It really works!

Last edited:
As an update: The Stoner Glass Cleaner + Cobra Waffle Weave towel is awesome!!!

However, it seems like the interior rear glass has (2) panes of glass; no matter how clean I get them, the inner sides remain dirty from the condensation from the A/C. Argh!

My windshield appears to have sand particles embedded and spots on it (on the outside) that I can't get off to save my life. All the other windows are spotless, I just can't figure out the windshield...

It is from sand striking your windshield as you drive. The side and rear windows are not subject to this since the cars is going forward. The sand pits the windshield.

My windshield appears to have sand particles embedded and spots on it (on the outside) that I can't get off to save my life. All the other windows are spotless, I just can't figure out the windshield...

You might want to try a glass polishing kit with cerium oxide and even then, that might not get all of the pits & scratches out. Try this one from Diamondite or this Lake Country kit from autogeek.com. Also try claying your windshield before you use either of the polishing kits. I had a massive hard water stain on my windshield and the Diamondite kit was the ONLY thing that got it out.

Last edited:
My wife taught me this trick. She does this to clean the windows on our house and she gets them almost so clean that people have walked straight into our patio doors before. I told her not to do this on the patio glass since then.

USE SHAMPOO!

Yup, a couple of squirts of Pert Plus or Head and Shoulders mixed with a bucket of water and you're good to go. You will have the cleanest windshield with absolutely no streaks.

Back