• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

how to quiet down dash chattering?

I went for test drive in 94 with 60; miles today. eyerything was ok except that the dash chattered cconstantly. not a squeak just a chatter like plastic on plastic. I could make it do it by pressing down anywhere on top of dash. any ideas on how to quiet this down other than buy a new exhaust or turn up the radio?it
appears to be a singlle unit come off easily?

I was a little surprised by the lack of power below 5K rpm but beyond that...wow sweet sound I guess around town you just stay in third gear.

thanks for the suggestions on quieting the dash.

Take a can of WD-40 with the red extension nozzle installed and squirt a thin bead along the center raised piece on both sides of it where it meets the dash along the entire length of it.
Wipe up any excess quickly.
I've had no squeaks or trouble with this for 5 years now..

I remove my dash last winter and apply felt tape to all mounting screws and tighten all the fastners to quiet down the rattle. My car has type R suspension which made the car stiffer. Now NO more rattles, just some leather rubbing noise left.

Back