• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

How Ya'll Doing

Hey guys. Its a possibility that I may need to relocate to the Ft Worth /Dallas metroplex. Hows the scene out there? Lots of NSX owners and group meetings? Local tracks? Nice driving roads? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

=) if u ever do end up here in texas... welcome! we've got a nice group of enthusiasts here and lots of driving room to stretch out the nsx's legs. we've already had a couple get togethers here in Austin and I look forward to meeting u as well... specially cuz i wanna check out ur sideskirts... hehe vinny's rite? anyways, hope to see u out here....

ron

Howdy! There are a good number of NSXs in DFW area. I think the Dallas folks get together about once per month. I'm sure some of the Dallas guys will post some more info.

There are several tracks close by. These links might help:
http://www.motorsportranch.com/
http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/
http://www.thedriversedge.net/
http://www.nasatx.com/
http://www.edpracing.com/

I don't know many roads there, but during last year's NSteXpo (annual Texas NSX gathering) we went on a very nice drive north of Dallas. We do have a lot of fun roads here in Austin.

Let us know if you relocate - So we can send you the newbie bumper sticker... :)

Attachments

• donwon-1.jpg
    donwon-1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 332
Hehe. Thanks for all the feedback so far. I like the noob sticker Ojas. I forgot to ask one very important question. Are there some reputable performance shops around there I can goto get tuning and service? OK, Ill rephrase .... Are there alot of places I can goto put new mods on? :D

donwon said:
Hehe. Thanks for all the feedback so far. I like the noob sticker Ojas. I forgot to ask one very important question. Are there some reputable performance shops around there I can goto get tuning and service? OK, Ill rephrase .... Are there alot of places I can goto put new mods on? :D

The first mod will be the gunrack in the back!:D Make sure you stop by Bass Pro Shops for some tasteful additions to your ride, like a cowcatcher up front and mudflaps for the rear.

We don't take kindly to you Nor'Easterners who don't cotton to our way of life, so pay attention. Please disable your turn signals, as they are not used anywhere in Texas. Also, "Yield" means "Go" in this great state. While on the highway, you can go 75 mph, but please restrict your lane choice to the far right at this speed, lest you slow down some of our 18 wheeler friends who are doin' an honest day's work.

Also, it is customary for new arrivals to the Lone Star State to buy the first through last round of drinks at the first get-to-know-ya hoedown. I exect you to bring your fancy pants platinum card to NSTeXpo to make the right impression on your new buddies.

We welcome all of those who weren't fortunate enough to be born in this great Republic, and we expect a lot of you in return. These three things are the most important things you will ever need to know...now repeat after me:

1. Hook 'Em Horns!
2. Cowboys Rule!
3. Aggies/Sooners/Lakers Suck!

Giddyup!

:D

Last edited:
Ojas said:

I don't know many roads there, but during last year's NSteXpo (annual Texas NSX gathering) we went on a very nice drive north of Dallas. We do have a lot of fun roads here in Austin.

Let us know if you relocate - So we can send you the newbie bumper sticker... :)

Also to watch out for our Pig size armadillos on the road !!!:D

Dallas area NSX service...

hmmm, this may provide some peace-of-mind for ya 'Don... Goodson Acura is in the Dallas area. They know NSX's, period. And of-course they have Sue Tableman who is beyond congenial and sincere towards any queries.

Look fwd' to havin' you in the Lone-Star state.
:)

OK, the gun rack is right down my alley, but the mudflaps, cowcatcher, and armadillos are scaring me :)

Ill have to do a little research into the "hook 'Em horns!" thing.
Is that the Texas equivalent of "lets get ready to rrrrrrumble?"

I dont have a platinum card, but I'm sure down for a hoedown, as long as there aint no line dancin. :p (if you imagined me even attempting to do this, you would be laughing)

Everything sounds good to me. Only time will tell now.

If you are in DFW, Goodson Acura is the best resource you can have! You are soooo lucky! As previously mentioned, Susan rocks and will take care of all your NSX needs.

There is a great track (used at nsxpo) about 10 mins south of ft. worth. You also have texas motorspeedway.

Goodson is also having a special on CTSC right now :)

That bumper sticker is hilarious, and appropriate.

Congrats on making the wise decision to move to Tx. My sister lives in the D.C metro region, and man does she miss Tx.

As everybody else has posted, Goodson is the place to go in the North Tx. region. heck I know Netviper, and couple of Oklahoma people who get their nsx's serviced there.

congrats again, and hope to see you at the meets/tracks.

Hey, hurry up and just make the move before NSXteXpo!! Then we can all hook up and YEEEHAAAAAAA!!!!! :D :D :D

Don, btw, why did you sell the BBSC off your car?

See ya around... :D
- Z

And of course the graduates of t.u. call the Aggie graduate "Governor"

And in my neck of the woods, they still refer to the Aggies as boss not the other way around!

:)

Back