• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hugabuga visit to San Francisco in October

I have been corresponding with Hugo and he is tentatively scheduled to visit San Francisco after the NSXPO in New Jersey.

If you are unaware of the upgrade window regulator kit that Hugo has developed, please read the link(s) below:

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135277

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136481

http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148138

Hugo would like to know who would be interested in his upgrade window regulator kit and to participate on an install day. Hugo would like at least 5 participants to make it worth the trip to San Francisco.

As far as logistics, I am looking into some options on where we could hold this event.

Please add your name to the list below:

1. MikeC

Thanks,

Mike

I am so in!! I just hope it doesn't fall on Oct 22.

1. MikeC
2. WashabiS2K (Brian)
3. nimdivino

1. MikeC
2. WashabiS2K (Brian)
3. nimdivino
4. d.n

Depends on the day, but I would like to attend. Either way I'll buy a set if I can't make the day.

1. MikeC
2. WashabiS2K (Brian)
3. nimdivino
4. d.n
5. carmar

I bought the earlier kit and have not use it. Hopefully, I can upgrade them to the latest kit and pay the different. Mike, thanks for setting this up.

What years are impacted by the window regulator problem? My cars a 1996...couldn't find anything under search. Yes, I am searched challenged :biggrin:

I sent a message to Hugo regarding the price for the kit installed. I will post his reply as soon as I hear from him.

It depends on who you ask. I think it affects all NSX's from 1991 through 2001. It may also affect 02+ as well, but I'm not sure.

For those who added your names to the list, please add your first name next to your screen name.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
AFAIK, all NSXs have the same parts that are changed by this kit. The problem occurs with age so I believe that the only reason the later cars aren't exhibiting the issue that this kit addresses is simply because they're newer. I think all NSXs will exhibit the trouble eventually. Of course I could be wrong, but it would be the first time, so... :tongue:

J

A friend has offered his shop in San Bruno to us, so we can install Hugo's window upgrade kit. Hugo stated his available dates for California would be from 2nd October to the 7th. Since, my friend's shop is closed on Sunday, I believe that Sunday October 2nd would be the best day as all surrounding businesses is also closed. Which means alot of available parking spots.

I have not heard back from Hugo regarding the cost for the kit with installation and the cost for installation only, for those of you who already purchased the kit. As soon as I hear from Hugo, I will post to this thread.

For those who added your names to the list, please add your first name next to your screen name.

1. MikeC
2. WashabiS2K (Brian)
3. nimdivino
4. d.n (David)
5. carmar
6. Dhalsim (Roger)
7. racer-ex (Bill)

Thanks,

Mike

Hi Guys! Glad to see you all very soon!
I will bring all the required tools with me to work on the regulators, for the door cards all you need is a philips screwdriver
Price for a full install is the same as last year regulator tour: 200$ for a complete job or 125$ if you remove the door cards yourself, for both doors and are the same if you already have the kit and just wish to install it now.
Price for a full kit including the new teflon guides is 200$ both doors, or 100$ without the teflon guides (just the pulley and sleeve). So final prices varies from 225$ to 400$, depending on your pocket and will to work :).

See you Sunday 10-02!
Hugo

Last edited:
Hugo did my windows last year in Vegas, and they turned out awesome. Definitely worth it -- if I can make it I'll cruise by and hang out a bit for the "scene".

1. MikeC
2. WashabiS2K (Brian)
3. nimdivino
4. d.n (David)
5. carmar
6. Dhalsim (Roger)
7. racer-ex (Bill)
8. 8kallday (Chris)

I thought you sold your NSX?

he sold his white one. he still has the red... unless he sold it between the time we were at steven's and today.

Back