• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hydra Nemesis EMS?

Tuning one is like pulling teeth. I'd recommend staying away.

We played with one on an MR2, and my tuner recently tuned one on a turbo Elise.. Stay away..

I have had great expereince with this ecu.

I found that tuning was very easy and intuative. Much easier than the AEM system and also there are a few inital adjustment which needs to be made for turbo cars or else the car will blow up.... :biggrin: its the only pit fall.

The correction you need to make is factory calibration for air temp/fuel trim.

The stock setup is if air temp rises, ecu CUTS the fuel.. which as we all know in a turbo car leads to kaboom. So you need to either turn this fuel trim off or adjust it to input more fuel to cool the air.

Besides that, i had a great time with the ECU and would recommend it.
:smile:

I haven't posted on here in a long time.
The Hydra EMS was developed from portions of my car.

In order to be proficient at using it well, one should take the Hydra EMS certification class. It's held TurboHoses R&D every other month.

you dont need certification.....

its like saying if you want to cook well, you gota go to culinary school. All you need is basic knowledge of EMS workings. If anything take EFI university's course, that way you can jump in to ANY ems system and tune.

if you know any basic ems you can jump right into this one.

Hydra Nemesis is one of the intuative and easy to learn systems.

you dont need certification.....

its like saying if you want to cook well, you gota go to culinary school. All you need is basic knowledge of EMS workings. If anything take EFI university's course, that way you can jump in to ANY ems system and tune.

if you know any basic ems you can jump right into this one.

Hydra Nemesis is one of the intuative and easy to learn systems.

I guess you didn't read post number 2.
Maybe he should have gotten someone qualified to tune a car or "experienced" enough to not have to "pull teeth". Maybe he should have taken the Hydra class?

This is the main reason most NSX owners take their cars to someone with tons of NSX experience or the dealer.

I agree.

I guess you didn't read post number 2.
Maybe he should have gotten someone qualified to tune a car or "experienced" enough to not have to "pull teeth". Maybe he should have taken the Hydra class?

This is the main reason most NSX owners take their cars to someone with tons of NSX experience or the dealer.

I agree.

From my understanding from my tuner, the "pulling teeth" has nothing to do with the NSX or tuning knowledge in general. It has to do with the way this standalone makes its changes to maps. His understanding of the system, how it works, or it's functionality is not the issue, it is the efficiency which it performs these tasks. When an interface is clunky in it's use, it makes fine tuning like "pulling teeth". This is my understanding of what he has mentioned to me on multiple occasions.

The hydra is very popular in the subaru community for big projects. Every tuner that i have talked to that has worked with it really likes it. Although he mainly tunes subaru's, you could talk to Phil at Element Tuning (www.elementtuning.com) about the hydra. He is an extrememly knowledgable tuner and could probably answer any questions you have.

From my understanding from my tuner, the "pulling teeth" has nothing to do with the NSX or tuning knowledge in general. It has to do with the way this standalone makes its changes to maps. His understanding of the system, how it works, or it's functionality is not the issue, it is the efficiency which it performs these tasks. When an interface is clunky in it's use, it makes fine tuning like "pulling teeth". This is my understanding of what he has mentioned to me on multiple occasions.

i found the interface very easy to learn and tune, was up and running from inital contact to tuning in about 10 minutes.

i recommend the system.:smile:

Back