• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I found a mod on my car that I never installed!!!!???

I thought I had bought a bone stock 98 NSX-T. There were no indications that any mods were ever done on the car. I recently bought a K&N cone shaped filter. Last night, I was taking my stock (or so I thought) air box assembly apart, and noticed that the entire bottom portion of my airbox was carbon fiber. I flashed a light into my side vent, and sure enough, there is a carbon fiber inlet tube. I am almost certain that this is the Comptech high flow air intake that costs $799. WOOHOO!!

Few Questions:
1) How good is the Comptech high flow intake? (for $799, it better be good)
2) From my side vent, why do I see a green hose coming out of the air intake tube and emptying out to the bottom of the car? Could this be an AC condensation router of some sort?
3) I have always had this annoying squeak coming from the rear driver's side. I think the squeak is coming from the Comptech air box rubbing against the side vent inlet. Anyone else have this problem?

Congratulations! I had the same lucky surprise when I bought my NSX. To answer your questions:
1) In terms of bangs for the buck, I don't think the intake is really up there. In fact, I'm not sure that there's any change in power. However, it does sound great when you hit the throttle. Perot was right when he mentioned a giant sucking noise :)
2) I believe this is the hose for draining water that enters the intake - Don't want that to get into your engine.
3) No idea. I haven't heard any rubbing noises from my intake, so I can't help you there.

Back