• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I must be mental.........

Maybe it's just me, but I just realized that I am completely insane with this car.... It's something that everybody else sees so easily but it has taken me a couple years to realize. (therapy, ahem) I find myself incessantly searching the frickin' web for NSX stuff, looking for other NSX's on the road, thinking about my NSX entirely too often, stopping to check out any I see for sale, looking for any reason to discuss the car with anyone who will listen......My God, I'm whacked!!!!!!! Anybody else have the same symptoms? Just thought that I'd share the "admitting" phase of my rehabilitation.

Yes..those symptoms sound fine..I suffer from the same malady myself...
I think it is entirely normal..but then again..
crazy people think they are entirely normal too..we just have them wear helmets and stuff them in a padded room..
Dangit..where did I put that helmet anyways...

Hi! My name is Jay and I'm nsxholic!
biggrin.gif

You want sick? I look forward to going to work in the morning, just because I get to drive my car.

Yep, I'm Bob, and I'm an NSXoholic.

-Bob ('94 #496)

Hi my name is Marc and I've been an NSXoholic for four months now.

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX 5spd
1999 Cosmos BMW M Coupe 5spd

Hi. My name is Eric and I'm an NSXaholic.

How can you NOT be so enthusiastic when you drive one of the best cars ever made?

And let me tell you I've been totally bummed driving around a loaner (Dodge Caravan) while my NSX is being serviced. Nothing is worse than owning one and NOT getting to drive it
wink.gif

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

Funny you should mention websites....I'm in the process of setting up my NSX website and will be posting its URL as soon as I resolve certain issues with the free hosting service. My site will feature tons of pictures of my car and of other NSXs at various driving events (can't wait for Canyonball Run this weekend, should be an EXCELLENT photo op).

How about when you are on a vacation, driving the family around in the conversion van, thinking all the time , Hell, I'd already be there if I were driving the NSX!

What does it feel like driving under 90?

What does it feel like driving under 90?

Your speed, or your age?

I've been in NSXtasy for nine and a half years. Twelve, if you count the time I had a deposit down on the car.

Well, since we are all checking in, I guess I will chime in too. While it has only been 5 months since I got my new 2000 NSX, I find it depressing that I don't get to drive it any more often than I do. I have 4 cars now and the NSX is one of the more "impractical" of them all. It still is hands down the best car to drive fast. I even joind VIR Club at Virginia International Raceway. Have a full day of FREE tracktime set for this Friday. Should be a lot of fun taking on the Ferraris, Vipers and the rest of the members. I will try to report back on my progress.
smile.gif

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black

I've had my 2000 for, oh, about 4 months now and it's got ~7K miles on it. Compulsive about driving it...? mea culpa. So shoot me... it's the most fun I've had in a car since I was 16 and doing the drive-in thing in my '62 Chevy wagon.

Yup - neat little car. Just what the Dr. ordered for this 47 yr old guy lookin' for a little pizazz in his life :>)

overnout. hal

Oh, here's another one. Do you ever think how great it would be if you could just talk one of your friends into buying one..... just so you'd have another one around to enjoy..... another form of compulsion......

------------------
Pls. visit my site w/ lots of info, pics and a new classified & discussion board (very new) @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

Hey, wait a minute!

I was just the newbie that after 10 years of Porsches (4) + Bimmers (4) + RX-7, etc. just got a Y2K Silver NSX and admitted to the 12-step NSX program...

Unless I'm confused you were one of the many peers that gently reassured me that NSX obsession was OK - that the NSX would give me pleasure but not cost me my family and job, etc... <g>

Although you should hear the NSX stories & adventures I've accumulated in a week of NSX ownership... someone owes me a beer somewhere!

And BTW, does this make me a bad person?

I have a couple of friends who were holding out for the new M3, saving for the Audi S4, etc. so I offered that they pilot my new NSX for a bit, including highway time.

My point is that true driving enthusiasts will be happier even with an early 90's NSX than with a brand new M3 or whatever.

[This message has been edited by rquintero (edited 19 August 2000).]

That's perfect!!!! That's just what I wanted to hear..... Everybody should drive one... Fortunately not everyone will, so we'll still be elite. Let's hook up for a drive soon.... Titanium V-tec and I may be getting together again tomorrow (Friday) if you'd like to join us. E-mail me

------------------
Pls. visit my site w/ lots of info and pics. It may take a bit to download but it's worth it, I hope @
http://www.geocities.com/nsxcessive/index.html

dude i got the exact symptoms, i think people are sick of hearing me talk about it. but my problem is im only 19 and icant have one!!! do you know what that feels like!?!?! well anyways its a sickness. the closest i ever really got to an nsx was i sat in one before.

Originally posted by NSXtypeR:
but my problem is im only 19 and icant have one!!! do you know what that feels like.

I know exactly how you feel...I wasn't even 18 when I started my NSX dreamin'. Check the "a Dream" section of my website to hear my pre-NSX story.
http://akira3d.com/nsx

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

Back