• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I understand her pain but...

This is a woman who is not playing with a full deck of cards. And, of course, her logic is a little weak:

wackjob said:
"Sun is going to live forever," she said. "As long as the Sun is in the sky he will live. I don't believe in death."
If this statement is true, why is she suing the hospital to keep the baby on life support?

So long as she is paying the hospital bills I fully support her right to keep her son Sun alive.

Of course, we all can guess that she is probably not paying the bills or any protion of them. She is a lunatic and should have no say in what is happening to her son. Her deep love is domonstrated by not having seen him in over a month.

This is why the health care industry is so out of control with costs that normal insurance carrying, bill paying citizens must shoulder. I am sick and tired of these jerks ruining everything for all of the hard working citizens out there.

Cairo94507 said:
So long as she is paying the hospital bills I fully support her right to keep her son Sun alive.
I disagree. It doesn't matter who is paying.

Everyone, from the doctors, to the bioethics committee (which includes doctors, lawyers and clergy) have agreed that the child is unnecessarily suffering, with no possibility of recovering, and should be taken off life support. She is keeping him alive for purely selfish reasons.

I don't care if you are a millionaire or a welfare case, you should not be allowed to prolong anyone's suffering, if there is no chance of recovery.

nkb said:
I disagree. It doesn't matter who is paying.

Everyone, from the doctors, to the bioethics committee (which includes doctors, lawyers and clergy) have agreed that the child is unnecessarily suffering, with no possibility of recovering, and should be taken off life support. She is keeping him alive for purely selfish reasons.

I don't care if you are a millionaire or a welfare case, you should not be allowed to prolong anyone's suffering, if there is no chance of recovery.

Ditto.

Back