• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I was carjacked

New law went into effect here in Texas as of Sept 1st.

Anyone can carry a handgun in the car. Thats kinda scary and sucks because I paid money to get my CHL. Im not 100% on all the paticulars with the new law but I know it went into effect. They had it posted at the gun store this weekend.

NsXMas said:
You're kidding me right?? :eek:

In 90% of the country it is a felony to shoot someone unless your life is in danger. If you feel like going to prison for murder be my guest.

You're young, with a lot of machismo. You've got a lot to learn.

Now in New Jersey it is illegal to punch someone who hits you with their car!!!

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...512723,print.story?coll=ny-region-apnewjersey

This is nuts, it sounds to me like this kid was completely justified in punching this guy. If I had a gun with me I know I would of shot the guy.

Carguy! said:
Now in New Jersey it is illegal to punch someone who hits you with their car!!!

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...512723,print.story?coll=ny-region-apnewjersey

This is nuts, it sounds to me like this kid was completely justified in punching this guy. If I had a gun with me I know I would of shot the guy.
#1) the kid should have driven to a local police station, or called 911.

#2) New Jersey is such a screwed up state, that you are not allowed to defend your life. What are the prosecuters thinking???

#3) Road rage sucks. I was a victim of a drunk driver's road rage. He threatened my life, follwed me. I drove to a local sheriff deputy's house, honked on the horn hard, and the drunk driver got scared away by the commotion and the sight of the deputy's squad car outside. He got arrested later for road rage and drunk driving. I had the unpleasant duty of being driven by the police to the site where he was arrested, and confirming that he was the culprit. That was one of the few times that I was in fear of my life. If the Sheriff deputy wasn't there, and I had a gun, I would have been prepared to defend my life.

loNfastNSX said:
What happend to "right to bear arms"?

secondamendment.356.gallery_normal.jpg

Everyone they found my car a week ago in DC. The car isn't damage to bad the insurance company just need to repair the front & back of the car. The car should be back on the rode in 2 weeks.

Good news. How is the running gear? Do you know if the car was abused mechanically? Will the insurance company give you any guarantees/warranties on the engine?

I don't think the car was abused mechanically at all. Only minor damage was done to the car. Chevy Chase Acura in Bethesda, Md is taking care of everything and my insurance company sounds like they will do whatever it takes to make me happy.

rogers said:
my insurance company sounds like they will do whatever it takes to make me happy.

Ask them for an extended warrenty on the mechanicals. Do you know if the car will have a theft brand on the title?

steveny said:
Ask them for an extended warrenty on the mechanicals. Do you know if the car will have a theft brand on the title?

I think that titles are only branded after an insurance company takes posessions of the title. But I may be wrong considering there's an individual here selling cars that the insurance company has taken posession of the car and title.

DocL said:
I think that titles are only branded after an insurance company takes posessions of the title. But I may be wrong considering there's an individual here selling cars that the insurance company has taken posession of the car and title.

You are right. I just like to bring it up every time someone on Prime has their car damaged or stolen to show how much of a joke CarFax is. Here is a car that should be branded theft recovery and won't be. The CarFax will be clean on this car. CarFax, what a joke and a huge money grabber. I sure wish I could provide non-accurate information and charge 20 bucks a pop for it.

steveny said:
...I sure wish I could provide non-accurate information and charge 20 bucks a pop for it.

Well you can sort of do the same thing. Buy an unlimited Carfax subscritpion and then re-sell the look-ups to people for $5-$10. :biggrin:

rogers said:
I don't think the car was abused mechanically at all. Only minor damage was done to the car. Chevy Chase Acura in Bethesda, Md is taking care of everything and my insurance company sounds like they will do whatever it takes to make me happy.

That is good news, G. They probably couldn't find anyone to flip it to and just left it somewhere once it ran out of gas. Did you see the damage yourself? Was it any bent stuff or just "I don't give a fk" parallel parking?

I'd have them look at the motor, just in case. These guys may not have driven stick all that well. The rev limiter is your friend, but there's always a chance of downshift overrev. But, this is probably unlikely as crooks like this were probably just cruising and flooring it.

This kinda highlights how dumb carjackers like this are. They crept and came up on a whip that they couldn't unload. Should have stolen one of the Honda Civics that was in the station at the same time. Jacking any kind of niche premium car is rather foolish. For example, your avg Lambo owner is not looking for black market parts to save a buck or two. He wants factory OEM stuff to preserve the value of the vehicle. No scrimping. I ain't puttin no Fram filters on my ride, ya know?

rogers said:
That is great news! How was the damage done? Did they hit something? Sounds like things could have been a lot worse.

Congrats on getting the car back!

I'd get a compression test in addition to a full PPI.

steveny said:
You are right. I just like to bring it up every time someone on Prime has their car damaged or stolen to show how much of a joke CarFax is. Here is a car that should be branded theft recovery and won't be. The CarFax will be clean on this car. CarFax, what a joke and a huge money grabber. I sure wish I could provide non-accurate information and charge 20 bucks a pop for it.

:biggrin:

Most of the damage was done by the tow truck companies. The car is basically ok but it’s taking Chevy Chase Acura forever to get the parts. I miss my car so freakin much that if I saw another NSX on the rode I probably would freak out. There’s a very good chance I’m going to sell the NSX & my cl type S in the next few months. I really would like a M45 or GS430.

rogers said:
Most of the damage was done by the tow truck companies. The car is basically ok but it’s taking Chevy Chase Acura forever to get the parts. I miss my car so freakin much that if I saw another NSX on the rode I probably would freak out. There’s a very good chance I’m going to sell the NSX & my cl type S in the next few months. I really would like a M45 or GS430.

If you get the M be sure to post pics. I don't have a clur why but I just love that M car.

flaminio said:
Always remember -- cars can be replaced. Lives can not. There are things in life worth fighting for, even worth dying for. Family. Country. Liberty. Not cars.

I'm glad you're OK, rogers. Take some time, pull yourself together. This too shall pass.

i agree. cars are cars. Cars have grown so exotic, and is a symbol of success depending on the type of car, a truly sentimental object. Family. Thats all matters. Not your country, liberty adn all that shit, those are just brainwashing terms used by US government.

If you are poor adn fucked up, your country's not there everystep, your family is there.

So is patriotism simply a dillusion? Its damn right to be patriotic about wherever your from. But always remember your country will not help you when you need it.

rogers said:

If you missed your car so much why are you going to sell it? :confused:

nsxscool said:
currently working on the poison gas anti theft device!
What a great idea. Or at least a remote controlled valve to reroute exhaust gas back into the passenger compartment.

rogers said:
I guess it's just a mind thing. What's so strange just today I was looking at some rims for my NSX.

Do you feel like your car was violated and driving it just will never be the same again? I think that's how I would feel.

Back