• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I was carjacked

rogers - sorry to hear of your misfortune - it's sad that you can't go freely in certain areas without "inviting" something like that to happen.
I'm glad you personally came out unscathed - the car is only a piece of metal - can be replaced.

Regarding the recommendations:

Guns are a great differentiator - when you're the only one holding one in the situation!
I hope I'm not reading that faced with this situation (by surprise) with a gun in your face, a sensible solution would be to draw another?
Gee - wonder how long it would take for gun # 1 to go off!

Sorry, last time I'll pop my head in here, but I need to state my opinion.
zahntech said:
Looks like the strict "gun control" in the DC area worked out well for you....Glad your ok

Strict gun control = only criminals have have guns

I was travelling through dc in one of the instances when it hit the fan. After being treated, I was promtply arrested for being in possession of a firearm and slew of other charges associated with it. :confused:

I agree with Ken, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Alittleboost said:
Hey prime, I don't mean this to sound immature, but do any of you carry? you know what I mean. My question is not meant to be "you should of put a round in him"....but I know other states are easier to get a concealed weapons permit.

My buddy works down town L.A. here in california, he's a investment banker and sometimes leaves the office late night.....so he does carry, fearing his life, he told me he had a couple of crazy people banging on his windows, he drives a new 745 IL...so yeah it sticks out at night.
I think quite a few of prime members are armed and prepared...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26427

Hopefully none have to use the tools...

I appreciation all the love I’m receiving from the nsxprime crew. My insurance company USAA plan to cover everything I lost at least they say they will. At this moment I just feel so empty. If I saw another NSX on the road right now I’ll probably start crying. I check my credit card account online this morning and notice that they tried to use my credit card in PA so most likely that's where my car is locate at this very moment.
Thanks everyone.

rogers said:
I check my credit card account online this morning and notice that they tried to use my credit card in PA so most likely that's where my car is locate at this very moment.
I would call the cops, and ask them NOT to cancel the card, but to monitor it's use and hopefully pick up these guys while they're using it. Maybe check the surveillance tapes at the store where it was used. That's your best bet. Hopefully you at least nab one of 'em, and if you push him hard enough, maybe he'll give up his buddies.

BTW, while guns can diffuse situations, they can certainly escalate them very quickly too. Imagine if he pulled a gun on the guy w/ the knife, and next thing you know he had 3 guns pulled on him? I tend to think in THAT particular situation, the chance of survival just plummeted, as guns are involved, and you just REALLY pissed them off.

FDNewbie said:
I would call the cops, and ask them NOT to cancel the card, but to monitor it's use and hopefully pick up these guys while they're using it. Maybe check the surveillance tapes at the store where it was used. That's your best bet. Hopefully you at least nab one of 'em, and if you push him hard enough, maybe he'll give up his buddies.

LOL. Where'd you get this, a cop show on TV? They probably SOLD the card by now. There's a market for these things.

BTW, while guns can diffuse situations, they can certainly escalate them very quickly too. Imagine if he pulled a gun on the guy w/ the knife, and next thing you know he had 3 guns pulled on him? I tend to think in THAT particular situation, the chance of survival just plummeted, as guns are involved, and you just REALLY pissed them off.

Oh, for the love of God. NOBODY w/ a knife who gets a gun pulled on them is waiting around. Guns scare ppl and they run AWAY even if they themselves have a gun! This isn't the damned movies.

Watch some convenience store holdup tapes. When the clerk pulls his strap, the thug gets his scoot on. I mean, OMG, the notion that I may piss off somebody who is trying to ROB me...wtf? Who CARES? If you pull a gun on someone and they do not immediately run away, SHOOT THEM. If their friends keep standing there too, shoot them as well.

This "guns escalate things" is a load of bullsh!t. If these hoods hadda knowed that rogers was strapped, they'd have kept their black asses in the whip and waited for the next white guy in a sports car to pull up.

If these hoods hadda knowed that rogers was strapped, they'd have kept their black asses in the whip and waited for the next white guy in a sports car to pull up.

I don't recall rogers mentioning the race of the carjackers anywhere in this thread.

liftshard said:
they'd have kept their black asses in the whip and waited for the next white guy in a sports car to pull up.

:confused: :confused:

Rogers may be moniker for a white guy singing "wont you be mine", but last time I checked he wasnt white if it is to him you are reffering to.

Last edited:
No problem, I understand what he's trying to say. But to be honest I could have been blue on that night and I would have still got rob. Me having a gun wouldn't have help me. B/c the gun came to the back my head so quick. I probaly could have did something during the process of my car leaving but not during the robbery.

NsXMas said:
Are there no car jackings in Canada?

Seems Canadians are more civilized in many ways. Except for that Prova4re character, of course... :biggrin:

Oh I'm sure it happens, although I can't say I've ever heard of it. It's onlly been this year we've had a rash of shootings in Toronto. But mainly it's isolated to specific areas and it's just drug dealers and hoods taking each other out. But everyone is freaking out..like 'this doesn't happen here'. For the most part having universal healthcare and many more social programs tends to reduce violent crimes, but you can't eliminate it. However per capita murder rates with guns is about 60% less than the USA.

prova4re lives in Windsor...which is beside Detroit...I think he'd be more likely to get carjacked. :p

Sorry to hear what happened.

There's a lotta low-lifes that hang out around gas stations, so I'm usually in and out as fast as possible especially in areas that I don't frequent. I mean, jeez, half the gas stations down here in Florida sell crack pipes right at the counter so you can image the types of clientele they attract.

just goes to show that there are some dirt ball, scum bag, worthless, pathetic, ruthless, gutless people out there that would rather steal from somebody that work for something.
Truly a reality check for everyone. Very glad to hear you didn't get injured in any way and are able to talk about it.
Hopefully they will find the A**HOLES that did it and you can prosecute them and throw them in jail. :mad: :mad:
Don't need to have another Armando recovery. :frown:
Please keep us updated on further devolpments.

Wow you people don't have a clue do you?....do you know why this happened?...here it is "its ok because I'm alive and my insurance will cover it" this is why crime in america is a huge problem......the car jacker stole much more than his car and his wallet, they stole his sense of security and bit by bit they are stealing mine and yours as well, what happens when these people or people like them come to your front door with a gun and come inside and take your tv and then rape your wife/girlfriend? huh? is insurance going to cover that? no they aren't and they can't!

the laws of our nation with the exception of texas, prevent you from defending yourself and your property with force ..did you know that if someone breaks into your house while you are there and beats you up and then you shoot them as they leave the room you will go to jail! because there was not an "immediate danger to your life" at that moment..this is totally screwed up...A good friend of mine was attacked in her own home when she was 12 and she is now 34, to this day she lives in fear.......

2 years ago a man was running naked in the street in my suberb and screaming at people, he was high on crank and speed.. a police officer was called and started chasing him around on foot the man was naked and had no weapons, the rules of engagement for police are more strict than that of a private citizen,,the officer could not shoot the man even though he was a threat to the public and had been sprayed with pepper already with no effect...the naked man then wrestled the pistol from the officer's holster and shot the officer to death......our laws are supporting the criminals

If carjackers and other criminals knew that the person in that car had a gun and was legally able to kill them with it I doubt car jacking would occur

Texas allows you to shoot anyone who is a threat to anyone or anyone's property at anytime ..this is how the law should read in all 50 states

zahntech said:
Wow you people don't have a clue do you?....do you know why this happened?...here it is "its ok because I'm alive and my insurance will cover it" this is why crime in america is a huge problem......the car jacker stole much more than his car and his wallet, they stole his sense of security and bit by bit they are stealing mine and yours as well, what happens when these people or people like them come to your front door with a gun and come inside and take your tv and then rape your wife/girlfriend? huh? is insurance going to cover that? no they aren't and they can't!
...If carjackers and other criminals knew that the person in that car had a gun and was legally able to kill them with it I doubt car jacking would occur

Texas allows you to shoot anyone who is a threat to anyone or anyone's property at anytime ..this is how the law should read in all 50 states
Let me ask you a couple of questions:

1) Have you successfully prevented a carjacking by shooting your way out of it?

2) Do you take tactical training with your guns?

If you can't answer yes to #1 or #2, may I suggest that your post is irrelevant?

Most people are incapable of successfully shooting their way out a carjacking because they have no training for it.

Their best bet is to walk away alive, rather than try to shoot their way out of it.

That said, I am studying tactical pistol training, and have plans to take tactical self defense shooting courses. Even then, I would be very hesitant to shoot my way out of a carjacking, unless I knew that there was no other way for me to get out alive.

Yes I have been a member of a range for many years and have taken many tactical shooting and handgun handling classes.my wife has taken these training classes as well .I have also taken extensive defensive knife handling classes.

IMO If you own a gun you must take training to use it. otherwise your better off getting out some pepper spray and screeming like a little girl.

What's really frighting is the amount of training that police officers are not required to have ...I went on a ride along and I asked the officer how much time he spent at the range?...he said "oh not a lot..I don't really like guns"

Last edited:
zahntech said:
Yes I have been a member of a range for many years and have taken many tactical shooting and handgun handling classes.my wife has taken these training classes as well .I have also taken extensive defensive knife handling classes.

IMO If you own a gun you must take training to use it. otherwise your better off getting out some pepper spray and screeming like a little girl.

What's really frighting is the amount of training that police officers are not required to have ...I went on a ride along and I asked the officer how much time he spent at the range?...he said "oh not a lot..I don't really like guns"
Agreed. That's an amazing quote from a police officer!! :eek:

zahntech said:

Ive actually taken many tactical shooting classes myself. I carry a pistol with me 24/7 here in Houston TEXAS. There are many situations where pulling your pistol is not the right solution, such as when an agressor has his to the back of your head, or to that of another friendly where you are not in a upperhand position.

I teach open hand and weapons defense training to officers all the time. Ive also trained with alot of our nations Marines in close quarters combat tactics. Im confident that in a situation where I was able to "SAFELY" pull and fire my weapon at an attacker, Id do it effectivly.

I have seen people come into a gun proficience course and turn to speak to an instructor with out the chamber breeched. Some people really shouldn't have guns.

Back