• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Identify a bolt, please

A while back I turned my NSX over to my mechanic, who happens to be my brother. Since I had bought a truck I figured I would now drive that and he could take his time in repairing all the little issues I had with the Acura. After about a month, he told me it needed a new clutch. It's a 1994 with approx 120K miles. I've owned it since 2003. I had been driving it, I'd say, nearly every day - back and forth to work. Anyway, here we are 13 months later. I stopped by to 'visit' it and complain yet again about how long this is taking. In all fairness, he does run a repair shop and I'm at the bottom of the list. He hands me my keys - I was so glad! I drove it up and down the street. I will admit that the new clutch nearly snapped my neck and I nearly stalled it! So when I went to leave, he said to me that he 'found' a bolt after all was said and done. He has absolutely NO idea what it does to. My theory was that either someone planted it there to screw with him (his mechanics have done that before), or someone innocently found it around the car and picked it up and placed on it. So, I decided to place a photo(s) of it here and am hoping that someone might recognize it and possibly know where it belongs..... or tell me that it just doesn't belong to this car at all. Thanks for the help in advance. 20180508_195618.jpg20180508_195628.jpg20180508_195650.jpg20180508_195704.jpg

It looks like a bolt that holds the aluminium cross brace under the car.

An easy way to hopefully weed out the jokers is take it to Home Depot or Lowe’s and see if it’s metric or standard. If standard you know it’s not on your car. However if they choose a proper bolt then you’re back to square 1

Thanks, but he said that it was on top of the car where he left all the parts that he removed from atop. AND the car was up on the lift at the time apparently. So it's not likely that someone just set it down there. I think we'll just go with, it doesn't belong to this car for now. Until.....

Thanks.

It is a metric bolt. That much I'm certain of. So in theory, it 'could' belong to the car, but still unable to find a home for it. Thanks.

I've never seen a Honda bolt with a tip like that, except for the automatic transmission drain plug with the magnetic tip. But that is threaded all the way and is not a hex bolt but instead accepts a 3/8" socket wrench. I think it's safe to say it didn't come from your car.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

If the folks on here don't recognize this as a regular bolt found on an NSX, do you have any aftermarket parts on the car that it may have been used on?

Thanks, I was hoping it wasn't from the car. I'm done with being without it for a while.

AND negative, there are no after market parts or anything on it.

All I can add is that I don't see any remnants of an anti-corrosive film on the bolt.
So, I'm guessing its a prank.

Last edited:
All I can add is that I don't see any remnants of an anti-corrosive film on the bolt.So, I'm guessing its a prank.
I was thinking the same thing. Normally most of the body mounting bolts have that greyish - greenish dacrotized like finish (or whatever proprietary finish Honda used.

that bolt is a dowel bolt , used to secure and locate a shaft ,check this part # 90029-PG2-010 , it is #13 on shift lever diagram on your 5 mt parts description , can't tell if this is your bolt ,with out seeing the bolt ,

Back