• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

If my recently traded in Yellow 02 shows up on a lot some where JH4NA216X2T000136

Hey Guys,

I recently traded in my car for an 09 M3. I will make another thread about the comparison on that, but I wanted to make my old VIN available in a search incase it shows up somewhere down the road.

I am not going to type everything out about the history on the car, but wanted to let any perspective owners if it shows up somewhere that I do have extensive history and documentation on it that I did not provide to the dealer because I knew it wouldn't make it to the next owner and can let you know all the little tweaks, mods, etc. that the dealer will probably not be able to tell you about.

I got the car with 16k miles and traded it in with 39K to Classic BMW in Plano, TX, not sure if they will make a stab with selling it on their used lot or just dump it. I really hope somebody local is able to get it or at least an enthusiast somewhere ends up with it.

I also have some stock parts, and uninstalled after market parts I bought for the car that I kept as well. I may sit on that stuff for a bit incase somebody ends up with it that may be interested in those things and the history. If it doesn't show up somewhere I will sell the stuff I kept or never installed.

I dont think I will be logging in to much to prime now, but if this car does show up and you want to reach me my email is odenspike at yahoo dot com and I will be glad to answer any of your questions on the car should it end up on the market.

Thanks,
Charlie

Charlie I remember sitting in your car! Sorry to hear you've sold it but man the new M3 is a monster! A friend of mine just picked one up and its so quick that its tempting to nab. Enjoy it.

Also if the new buyer (future) wants I have lots of pictures of this NSX so PM me and I can fire them off. It was a stunning Yellow/Yellow NSX.:smile:

Cam

Looking forward to the comparison. As my family grows, the back seat option becomes more tempting. May just have to have both! :wink:

Thanks Cam. Definitely enjoying the M3 so far. Miss the NSX at the same time.

Dr.Volkl, I had a big write up done, and failed to copy before I posted it like I should have and when I went to make the post, I got hit with a not logged in message, so lost it all. Will try to get something wrote up again this week. I will say it is tough to compare the to since they really are so different, but for having a back seat if you need it, this is a definitely a car to consider! If you can have both then you would be set.

I did the same thing. I let my 05 NSX go for a new M3 coupe. A lot has changed over the decades and the NSX will forever be a classic in my mind for those in the know.

The M3 carries on in some sense due to the remarkable NA V8 and a structure that is carved from a solid piece.

I miss the exotic look and timeless design of the NSX. The view of the road in front where there was nothing to block the view.

The M3 is up higher and has more dash and hood in front. But the handling is fantastic and the motor is what the NSX should have evolved to.

I also have the DCT which is a killer transmission. First time in 20 years without a manual.

I know that someone bought my NSX, but I was hoping they would call to talk about it, but nothing so far.

Anyway good luck with your new M and I admit that nothing replaces the NSX it's just something new for folks like me who can't stop lusting for the next new car......Steve

Steve, I really agree with you. Your post was spot on about how my thoughts are so far. Glad to hear you are liking yours.

I was contacted by this dealer who bought this car I guess from the wholesaler or BMW dealer I traded it in at, I was told it was going to be his personal car, looks like that isn't the case.

I would encourage anybody if they get serious about this car to contact me first. I will be on vacation from today through next weekend so I won't be able to respond if you do though until then. I won't have internet access. You can also search my user name for old posts and the car is known to jetpilot, New Mexico members and some older school ones from DFW.

Just briefly, the car is great, I have tons of records and some other items you may be interested in. It does have a carfax hit which I was aware of when I bought the car, but for me it wasn't an issue. But should be factored into the price of this car if you buy it as it was factored in when I traded it in, like I said below I got it at 16k miles and traded it in with 39something, getting close to 40.

I'm not out to tank the sale of the car by any means, but I do know history of the car from my ownership and what I got for it on trade which we all know is considerably less. I would have liked to have sold the car out right myself, but honestly wasn't prepared to deal with the nit picking that goes on with selling these cars, not saying nit picking isn't wrong, as you should be when you pay this much for an older car, but for me and my life it wasn't worth it. Just wanted to throw that out there if people are wondering why I traded it in versus selling it. Some members like jetpilot can attest I have been debating on selling this car for some time now also.

The car was traded in with all the mods in my sig as well, so that is current still.

This is a great car all things considered and has imho very tasteful and well done mods. Would love to see somebody get this and really enjoy it. The negatives on the car are outweighed by the positives for the sure. The best thing about this car is the hood which has one of the few handmade ones that previous prime member made which is turning the stock aluminum hood into the type-r style. This was with out a doubt the best thing on the car.

If the car is still there in a few months when I get more in a position to start looking for my dream NSX I'll send you an email. It's very hard to find NA2's locally in the Pacific northwest and the dealer knows that. I've been looking through your posts as well, thanks for all the information you have put out there.

From the advert:
"We have Unheard of ZERO DOWN 100% 7 YEAR FINANCING OAC"...:eek:

I inquired about that when I went just to see what he would say. "Well with the age of this car, the financing would like to see some money down" :tongue:

The dealer has been there for a long time though and they have a good reputation in the community. They are also the ones that had the Red NA1 with 400 original miles on it. Someone posted about that a while back on here.

Has anybody seen my old car any where? I haven't found it since the dealer in Portland had it for sale, almost two years now so figured it would have shown up on prime maybe. Just wondering...I do wish I had kept it!!

Has anybody seen my old car any where? I haven't found it since the dealer in Portland had it for sale, almost two years now so figured it would have shown up on prime maybe. Just wondering...I do wish I had kept it!!

How has the M3 treated you these past two years?

its funny, they always come back.

I wish I wish I wish i never traded it in...... how many threads are created with this same comments

trade an NSX for a BMW.
thats like trading a Handgun for a pocket knife
which would you rather have in a gun fight

so what the BMW is faster, it still looks like every other BMW on the road.
" WOW nice BMW " you will never hear that at a gas station!
how many times did you hear " Wow NICE CAR " while in the NSX?
20-30 times a week?

NSX is the only Exotic I will ever own. I have 3 NSX in my driveway.
now granted only 2 of them run the other will be fixed someday.

but I wouldnt trade all 3 of my NSX for anything.

once you have owned an NSX you come crawling back to ownership of another.

hope you buy it back cuz she misses you. why did you sell me daddy? what ever i did wrong I will never do it again. take me home please.....

Thanks Mlambert, glad to see it out there somewhere!

How has the M3 treated you these past two years?

Well it only lasted with me for a year and then I traded it in for a truck, which kept a year and now just driving my commuter car an 04 RSX for now until decide what next to get, I tend to go through cars pretty often. I loved the M3. It was a world class car to me, but I don't think would have been fair to make a comparison as I think they are 2 completely distinct different cars. I would certainly be game to own another one.

Shawn, I hear you, but for me one of the driving factors of me getting rid of the NSX was I never drove it and got tired of never driving it as not in a position to drive it to work and was working all the time, so wanted something I could so looked what all was out there that I could afford that I could drive to work and that I liked and the M3 was about all that was left. But in the end, I ended up not driving it much either(3k miles in 1 year), so decided to take a break from sports cars. Got married, had a baby, other priorities, etc. came along.

The M3 didn't have the flash that the NSX did for sure, but I wasn't getting it for that. They are both great cars that are distinctly different. But in 20 years the M3 would have probably been another outdated looking BMW and the NSX would still be awesome and timeless to look at that's for sure. It was my second NSX so wouldn't be surprised to get another again. I would be interested in buying it back, but not at that price! To many good deals out there now.

If I could have both would be perfect!!

...I have 3 NSX in my driveway.

but I wouldnt trade all 3 of my NSX for anything.....

Now (3) NSXs in the driveway is a picture that I need to see. :smile:

Hey Charlie hope all is well!

I too got married, had a baby, and bought another NSX. DO IT!:biggrin:

Hey Cam, doing well hope things are good out your way! I'm working on it. Maybe your wife could call mine. Haha.

Charlie,
I have contacted the seller of your car and had some questions for you if you would be able to answer them I would really appreciate it :biggrin:. I sent you a PM. Chris

its funny, they always come back.

I wish I wish I wish i never traded it in...... how many threads are created with this same comments

trade an NSX for a BMW.
thats like trading a Handgun for a pocket knife
which would you rather have in a gun fight

so what the BMW is faster, it still looks like every other BMW on the road.
" WOW nice BMW " you will never hear that at a gas station!
how many times did you hear " Wow NICE CAR " while in the NSX?
20-30 times a week?

NSX is the only Exotic I will ever own. I have 3 NSX in my driveway.

but I wouldnt trade all 3 of my NSX for anything.

once you have owned an NSX you come crawling back to ownership of another.

hope you buy it back cuz she misses you. why did you sell me daddy? what ever i did wrong I will never do it again. take me home please.....

lol @ "why did you sell me daddy? what ever did I wrong"

Charlie,
I have contacted the seller of your car and had some questions for you if you would be able to answer them I would really appreciate it :biggrin:. I sent you a PM. Chris

Chris I think I have beat you to it. It should be on a transport next week back to Texas :)

Not to drag the thread too far OT, but the other day, someone said to me, "Nice unicorn"

What?

"I see an NSX about as often as I see a unicorn"

:D

shwing.....

Chris I think I have beat you to it. It should be on a transport next week back to Texas :)

You bought you car back! UNreal and superb!

Charlie your NSX was and is a gem as I completely remember it from the NM meet Viper Driver arranged.

Congrats!:biggrin:

Back