• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I'm going to get bored with 6Psi CTSC

If that is your engine pictured in your avatar, then we see that you have an old Whipple AR1600 with no possibility of adding a cooler to it, besides meth/water spray.
6 pounds of boost makes you want more for sure.
If that engine is a 3.0 liter, then you are in luck.
You can get the next smaller pulley and get about 8 pounds of boost.(4.0")
You can get the next smaller pulley to that and get about 9.5 like I have.(3.8")
You can get the smallest pulley and get 10-10.5 pounds like Ed has.(3.6")
With this you will need the injectors, Fic, Harness, 1:1 fuel pressure regulator, new clutch eventually, at least one wide band to monitor all the time, a fuel pressure gauge is nice as well.
Another important thing to have is a return ticket for Dave the Doz to come visit you and tune that animal....lol. I am still collecting Air Miles!
Trev

If that is your engine pictured in your avatar, then we see that you have an old Whipple AR1600 with no possibility of adding a cooler to it, besides meth/water spray.
You can get the next smaller pulley to that and get about 9.5 like I have.(3.8")
With this you will need the injectors, Fic, Harness, 1:1 fuel pressure regulator, new clutch eventually, at least one wide band to monitor all the time, a fuel pressure gauge is nice as well.
Another important thing to have is a return ticket for Dave the Doz to come visit you and tune that animal....lol. I am still collecting Air Miles!
Trev

Its funny you say all that as I was just reading up on the SOS site and the aftercoolers are only for Lysholm type blower thats the Autorotor right?

I have the 3.8" pully already and belt to suit, maybe the unknown cc injectors I have will be suitable but not sure yet. Forgive my ignorance but whats FIC ?

FIC is the simpler form of the Full AEM ECU unit, if i can use the word Simpler here. Best used with OBDII engine, however manageable with the OBDI engine like you and I have.
So you are running a 3.8 already or that is what you have as your spare with those unknown injectors?
The 3.0 liter low boost whipple came with 4.2" nominal pulley for 6 pound boost.
High boost was the 4.0".
The 3.8 was low boost for the 3.2 liter.
The 3.6 was high boost for the 3.2 liter.
Trev
p.s. I have a new FIC and Harness and 1:1 regulator with the SOS adaptor and 440cc injectors sitting in my garage waiting for the snow to melt and like the tulips, my car to expose itself with the warming of the springs sun!
Wow, that was gay!
I just got back from Cancun, so I must be too relaxed.

waiting for the snow to melt and like the tulips, my car to expose itself with the warming of the springs sun!
Wow, that was gay!
I just got back from Cancun, so I must be too relaxed.

No, I do not think Cancun is your problem.

Are you going to run Meth/Water with that setup?

Dave

Last edited:
Its funny you say all that as I was just reading up on the SOS site and the aftercoolers are only for Lysholm type blower thats the Autorotor right?

The issue is not the blower but the intake manifold it sits on, look at the mounting point of your blower to the intake manifold, just below the two bolts on each side that mount the blower, look and see if the top plate of the intake is welded or bolt on. If the top plate is bolt on an intercoller can be fashioned for the system, Shad at Driving Ambition can make one for you. If the Intake is welded, then you have fewer options. One is a new intake manifold then intercooler, another is to have your intake cut into two pieces and a new adapter plate made, yet another and maybe the best option is to sell the Whipple based system and put that money towards a new CTSC or SOS SC.

Dave

Yes, Dave is right, Its been so long that I've talked about this subject that I forgot everything, it happens at 49 years of age. If your top plate comes off your manifold, and you can clearly see this with a quick visual, then shads intercooler is a neat option for you. My top plate is welded on and have no options in that respect.

Dave, I was not going to run water/meth with my car at all.
I use my car everyday and value the trunk space.
I don't want to worry about filling that 1 gallon bottle up everyday.

Lots of people are for water/meth, lots against.

I just don't want the hassle on my daily driver.

This all changes as you advise me and force me to do what you think is best.

I ran the 9 pounds all last year on stock injectors cranked up and 60 point (6octane) booster in the tank.
Trev likes to play dangerously but hopefully will get a nice tune with the new products that are ready to get installed.
I'm tired of my bumper being black, should have bought a black car for sure!
Remember I'm running slightly less compression and coated pistons, so that must be helping.....lol.

Trev

This all changes as you advise me and force me to do what you think is best.Trev

Look into the light, you are getting sleepy, now take out your checkbook and send me a check, only sign it this time. when I snap my fingers you will wake refreshed and have no idea how much money is in your check book. << SNAP >>

Dave

You can add a cooler to the whipple but you will not find one off the shelf. I have been running this custum Laminova cooler for 3 years now with a 2.8 inch pulley and the car is an absolute blast on and off the track.

You could get a machine shop to make an adaptor plate for the SOS Laminova cooler using your current intake and the Whipple.

Yes, Dave is right, Its been so long that I've talked about this subject that I forgot everything, it happens at 49 years of age. If your top plate comes off your manifold, and you can clearly see this with a quick visual, then shads intercooler is a neat option for you. My top plate is welded on and have no options in that respect.

Without even looking I know mine is welded on, Its also true that adding an aftercooler you can't keep the engine cover, is that correct?? I can't handle the Sewing machine noise its like fingernails down a blackboard to me.

Without even looking I know mine is welded on, Its also true that adding an aftercooler you can't keep the engine cover, is that correct?? I can't handle the Sewing machine noise its like fingernails down a blackboard to me.

You could always get a louder exhaust. or turn the stereo up!

Yes, would be easy to make an adapter to use the SOS/comptech intercooler or just design a custom setup. I can help with that!

It would not be difficult to modify the engine cover also to clear the supercharger & keep the sound deadening qualities.

Throw on a custom Flowmaster muffler and Prospeed High flow cats and your off to the races!!!
lol
Trev
Where did i put my cheque book, it seems to be gone!

@ffffanman: Where can I source the 3.8" pulley? I have the high-boost version, I wan't a couple of more pounds to satisfy a minor GFCP addiction!

Trev

I'm sure Science of Speed should have it for you!
I've been out of the game for along time I'm sorry to say!
I sold my Nsx and then had an R8 V10, then sold that and now have a SL63 AMG and my Range Rover Sport SC.
Have fun!
Trev

Wow, you've gone through some nice toys! Thanks for the reply!

Back