• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

I'm running out of things to mod...

I am running out of things to modify and am starting to panic. I made this list before, and some suggested seats and wheels. I have now done wheels and a few other things. Seats will be coming soon. Here is what I have so far again:

Engine:
Comptech Autorotor Supercharger
Uni-filter and downforce AIT
STMPO oil pan baffle
Cosmetic chrome and braided stuff

Suspension:
Type R front bar
STMPO FCB
VRH front lift system
KW Competition dampers on swift springs
All non-compliant stuff bushings, toe links, clamps.

Brakes:
Stoptech BBK, slotted
CF ducts, custom plumbing for cool air

Exhaust:
GT-One F1 headers
ARC titanium exhaust

Other parts:
Downforce Gen II R hood
Downforce R spoiler
Downforce CF rear garnish
Downforce DF-R hood duct
Downforce DFR side scoops
Cantrell lip

ADVAN RSII wheels and Advan tires.

H&R front wheel spacers 15mm
STMPO Billet rear spacers 25mm

BLT LED taillamps
Smoked side markers (bluebat)

Type R shift knob, boot, and stalk
Autovation aluminum pedals
Custom wrapped stock streeing wheel with two tone silver/black perf leather
Custom silver perf door panel inserts to match silverstone seats

Cedar ridge harness bar, Schroth harnesses

Super light stereo upgrade (saves 20 pounds)

========

So what's left to do?

Seats...

Then what?

I think anything else will be going overboard. I can go to a 600HP turbo but then I am rebuilding a perfectly good motor. Can't do much with the suspension, it's not going to get any better other than a little thicker bars. Brakes are not going to get much better at least not for my driving skill on the track.

I am waiting to a proper under body aero system.

But I am running out. What am I leaving out of the must-do mods?

Last edited:
I always opt for maximizing efficiencies on anything on my car. In your case:

1. Fuel system (pump, injectors, regulator) / engine management, including monitoring (i.e., boost, water temp, and oil pressure gauges)
2. Upgrade to ceramic bearings in your SC, better SC fluid (?)
3. Ceramic wheels bearings ($$$)
4. ATI engine damper

The latter 3 will significant reduce the amount of drag inherent in your car.

Lambo Doors?

Longer wheel studs?

Rear Chassis bar from GTSPEC?

i was kidding with the doors

Buy a new exhaust and sell me your ARC Ti...

You need a full blue paint job lol j/k

I always opt for maximizing efficiencies on anything on my car. In your case:

1. Fuel system (pump, injectors, regulator) / engine management, including monitoring (i.e., boost, water temp, and oil pressure gauges)
2. Upgrade to ceramic bearings in your SC, better SC fluid (?)
3. Ceramic wheels bearings ($$$)
4. ATI engine damper

The latter 3 will significant reduce the amount of drag inherent in your car.

Yes!!! ATI engine damper is a good one. Thank you. I'm not keen on engine management right now. I can see it with a more sophisticated FI setup but I kinda feel like stay with the base CTSC or do a MAJOR upgrade like twin turbo or large SC/intercooler and even a 3.5L build.

Lambo Doors?

Longer wheel studs?

Rear Chassis bar from GTSPEC?

i was kidding with the doors

I have ARP wheel studs already. The rear chassis bar doesn't do anything IMO. just adds weight. It wasn't based on science. I checked with a few people that would know for sure. They took a look under the car and shook their head "no".

Wrap it. Also start a build thread.

This ^^ And if you start a build thread you can post everything in there instead of a new thread everyday. :wink:

If you wrap it it'll change the entire car for you. It'll feel "new again"

And/or wrap the roof black. Different mirrors?

Any pics with the Advans yet?

Wrap it. Also start a build thread.

Problem is I didn't document along the way so I am not sure how to do a proper build thread.

Maybe a wrap later, right now I am waiting for the black wheels to arrive and tie together my black wing and black DFR side scoops. Doing this silverstone/black theme. I am doing silverstone calipers. Wrap will be totally different than this theme. Maybe if I get bored. But that's not really an improvement. It's just different.

Can you see the black wheels with silverstone calipers on this:

d0d77d29bf3fb8f2eb5713cf0710524a.jpg

Last edited:
You modded just everything worth modding on an NSX.

How about a NEW TOY?? Classic car restoration, budget track tool, show car, or an entirely new platform.

Well if you want I could tell you what I want and you could mod my car Turbo. I say start a build thread.

Wow a lot of time and a lot on money that will never be recouped but its your money and it your passion so who am I to say anything.
Sound like its Time to move to a new platform
Perhaps a Lamborghini or Ferrari

Zaid

What about those carbon fiber mirrors vroom makes? There was also a guy that made trunk liners but I have a bad feeling he doesnt make them anymore. Oh! also what about a diffuser?

Last edited:
I wanted to suggest to get the underside of your car covered up, but then saw you already mentioned that.
Since you're going for performance mods, that definately would be a good step.
If not all of the underbody, then at least do the front since you already have the Type R hood.
I promise you that you will notice the difference at high speeds.
And don't forget the under the hood air deflector.

A set of good and bigger air deflector to cool your brakes.

Seat you also already mentioned. I've been using the Recaro PP seats and absolutely love them now I have gotten used to them but I remember you posted once that you are a bit too big to fit it them.

What about a smaller and lighter steering wheel (I'm contemplating that right now).
Type-R carpet would look nice in your car too I think.

Second, there are lots and lots of small bolts and nuts everywhere in your car just holding things in place which otherwise have no structural benefit.
Perhaps replacing these with aluminum of titanium ones would save more weight than you might think.

Also, I have one of those broad-view rear view mirrors that will let you even look outside the passenger window.

Do you have HID lights yet?

ScienceofSpeed aluminum door handles also look nice, especially on a silver car.

Light-weight battery saves some additional weight.

Also, one of the things the NSX with CTSC could use is some kind of cooling system for the engine bay. I've heard that the CTSC will actually loose power if you are reaching really high speeds (like 150+ mph) because the blower generates so much additional heat it starts loosing its effect when running for longer periods of time.

Last edited:
penile implant:confused:

penile implant:confused:

BOOOM!!:tongue: hahaa

Anyway, I say LED interior lights! I replaced all mine and it's so much brighter, I can actually see and find stuff in my car.

Also, I'd go with the 2nd Type R front chassis brace (the one under the spare tire area).

Oh, and more track time to put all those mods to good use. :biggrin:

I like the JDM front fenders. They look cool. Get those.

DSC04720.jpg

Last edited:
Back