• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

I'm running out of things to mod...

How about a NEW TOY?? Classic car restoration, budget track tool, show car, or an entirely new platform.

Perhaps you are right. I can leave it alone and start playing with something else since I can't seem to help myself. I really like tinkering.

Wow a lot of time and a lot on money that will never be recouped but its your money and it your passion so who am I to say anything.
Sound like its Time to move to a new platform
Perhaps a Lamborghini or Ferrari

Zaid

If you add up all the costs of my mods I am still into it for less than an F430. Imagine modding THAT. I don't feel bad modifying the NSX because this money would just be spent on maintenance and depreciation on many other cars especially Italians. Freaking Maserati just developed an oil leak and it's going to be like 6K to fix. So imagine how many NSX mods you can do with 6K. Car barely costs me any money in insurance, maintenance, depreciation. I really have no great desire to move into another platform. I am also just VERY VERY happy with this car. I truly enjoy it everytime I drive it. Like every minute of it. So why change.

What about those carbon fiber mirrors vroom makes? There was also a guy that made trunk liners but I have a bad feeling he doesnt make them anymore. Oh! also what about a diffuser?

Trunk liners are heavy. Don't think I didn't think of it. LOL...

I'd love those mirrors but $2000.... It's steep. I think I'd rather go elsewhere right now.

Trunk liners are heavy. Don't think I didn't think of it. LOL...

I'd love those mirrors but $2000.... It's steep. I think I'd rather go elsewhere right now.

Heavy? Mine probably weighs 2 to 4 pounds. I dont find that bad.

I wanted to suggest to get the underside of your car covered up, but then saw you already mentioned that.
Since you're going for performance mods, that definately would be a good step.
If not all of the underbody, then at least do the front since you already have the Type R hood.
I promise you that you will notice the difference at high speeds.
And don't forget the under the hood air deflector.

A set of good and bigger air deflector to cool your brakes.

Seat you also already mentioned. I've been using the Recaro PP seats and absolutely love them now I have gotten used to them but I remember you posted once that you are a bit too big to fit it them.

What about a smaller and lighter steering wheel (I'm contemplating that right now).
Type-R carpet would look nice in your car too I think.

Second, there are lots and lots of small bolts and nuts everywhere in your car just holding things in place which otherwise have no structural benefit.
Perhaps replacing these with aluminum of titanium ones would save more weight than you might think.

Also, I have one of those broad-view rear view mirrors that will let you even look outside the passenger window.

Do you have HID lights yet?

ScienceofSpeed aluminum door handles also look nice, especially on a silver car.

Light-weight battery saves some additional weight.

Also, one of the things the NSX with CTSC could use is some kind of cooling system for the engine bay. I've heard that the CTSC will actually loose power if you are reaching really high speeds (like 150+ mph) because the blower generates so much additional heat it starts loosing its effect when running for longer periods of time.

Already have an air duct under the hood, and anger brake deflectors. Steering wheel, I have a momo and an S2K conversion kit, and am waiting to see how Ken Sampson makes out with his German airbag equipped wheels. So I am eyeing that, and deciding where to go.

The type R afternarket carpets are not up to par in quality for me. They are not as good as OEM so I nixed that. I sold my rear difflow because I am hoping he or someone else will do a whole underbody kit.

2005 has factory HID's. I had a miscommunication with oyagi and lost the zoom engineering rear view mirror. I was about to get one.

The heat thing you are referring to is not that big of an issue and I don't want to be foolish. With the motor I will stick with the base CTSC or take a large step. Going engine management and after cooler, intercooler, pump, injectors and all that adds much complexity and still not as much gain as I'd want. My favorite FI system is what david dozier is doing with the two aerochargers and I already expressed serious interest to me and am in communication with him. I also want to talk with shad. This is a major thing and if I do it, I am not going to waffle. I'd just go to 500-600HP in one big step if I don't stay at around 440 with Dave's setup.

You have good ideas, I've just covered then all already. :smile:

Perhaps you are right. I can leave it alone and start playing with something else since I can't seem to help myself. I really like tinkering.

If you add up all the costs of my mods I am still into it for less than an F430. Imagine modding THAT. I don't feel bad modifying the NSX because this money would just be spent on maintenance and depreciation on many other cars especially Italians. Freaking Maserati just developed an oil leak and it's going to be like 6K to fix. So imagine how many NSX mods you can do with 6K. Car barely costs me any money in insurance, maintenance, depreciation. I really have no great desire to move into another platform. I am also just VERY VERY happy with this car. I truly enjoy it everytime I drive it. Like every minute of it. So why change.

My thoughts exactly. I was on the fence with buying a F car or Gallardo. Once I figured I would keep the NSX I went nuts. :biggrin:

BOOOM!!:tongue: hahaa

Anyway, I say LED interior lights! I replaced all mine and it's so much brighter, I can actually see and find stuff in my car.

Also, I'd go with the 2nd Type R front chassis brace (the one under the spare tire area).

Oh, and more track time to put all those mods to good use. :biggrin:

Already have both. Full LED's, the big one from BLT that can blind you in doors, Footwells, trunk, and dome. There's several hundred LED's in there now.

Already have the type R chassis bars upper and lower.

Widebody :wink:

I've thought of it. But these aftermarket panels are just not up to par to OEM quality. It's FRP. looks great, but it's just going to weigh me down and raise my coefficient of drag. :biggrin: I think yours is awesome though. I love looking at these.

I like the JDM front fenders. They look cool. Get those.

DSC04720.jpg

Dave I thought of this too. But it's a huge expense just to move the side marker. It's not enough motivation for the cost to me.

penile implant:confused:

Doc I would have to apply for a permit then if I did that, it's already borderline too dangerous for the general public to carry around. :biggrin:

Heavy? Mine probably weighs 2 to 4 pounds. I dont find that bad.

Yeah but I've been on a real diet and removed 200 pounds. I did it all by 5 here and 10 there. Painstaking. Since there is not that much benefit, I mean it is not visible most of the time, it's something I can do without. But it's a cool piece for sure!

How about an aftermarket stereo system. There's some guy on here working on it right now!

:tongue:

I know thank GOD that's kept me occupied for a while. LOL...

Two really good suggestions so far I hadn't thought of:

That oil cooler 1k2go has stuffed into the vent, and the ATI damper.

But maybe both of these can wait until I make a real engine decision.

It's really strange. I guess you can at some point get close to the end of the line.

Last edited:
There are two things I do not like the NSX, mirrors too narrow, despite my many settings, 50% of the road is invisible, we always have to look in the rearview mirror above the windscreen, the 2nd things is the back of the car, too old design, the bumper with the "smile" of the door plate is old and lacks a diffuser

There are two things I do not like the NSX, mirrors too narrow, despite my many settings, 50% of the road is invisible, we always have to look in the rearview mirror above the windscreen, the 2nd things is the back of the car, too old design, the bumper with the "smile" of the door plate is old and lacks a diffuser

LED taillights do a lot to modernize the car. I think all NSXs should have them.

Who sells the ATI engine damper. Will it work with his supercharger.

I think you can get it from dynomike on this board. It's a harmonic balancer so yes it is the same FI or not.

Back