• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Imola Orange NSX Shoot -synth19 photo-

Y no top end?

On my list he is #1 on the top 5, who is number 2,3,4,5?
This angle:

6181925516_c1054d5aee_o.jpg

WIN!!!

What a car, your cars is on my top 5 on prime, easy!

Very, very nice synth19! Your car is spectacular and so are your shots. Would like to meet you sometime at this location and see if I can slip my car into a few of your frames.

Unfortunately, I don' think there are any nice front lips that flow with a 2002+ front, so I just painted the OEM one a gloss black.

I will maintain my opinion that you have one of the nicest looking NSX's on the board yet it still needs a lip and an R hood to be perfect. :wink:

I think he DF lip is nice, the JP aero lip is better than stock, I love the Cantrell/ZAZ (I Know you don't). The factory lip is weak...

My DF GenII CF hood has been on 3 years now with a perfect fitment. I don't know what the issue is already! LOL...

I like the Volks the best on your car. They are all nice, I just like that one the best.

I will maintain my opinion that you have one of the nicest looking NSX's on the board yet it still needs a lip and an R hood to be perfect. :wink:

I think he DF lip is nice, the JP aero lip is better than stock, I love the Cantrell/ZAZ (I Know you don't). The factory lip is weak...

My DF GenII CF hood has been on 3 years now with a perfect fitment. I don't know what the issue is already! LOL...

I like the Volks the best on your car. They are all nice, I just like that one the best.

If I ever meet you in person, first 5 minutes of the convo will be on lips! haha! You know, the only thing that bothered me about the Volks is the lack of concavity! That's the main reason why I sold them. Everytime I saw concave TE's, I had major envy!

Synth, I really do think your car is pretty much perfect. The vented hood, and front lip will not make your car look better at all. Both of those items make an NSX look aggressive at the cost of clean lines. With your car's color, it caters to a cleaner, simpler look. A front lip will drop the bottom line of the nose lower, making the OEM side skirts look too short. If you now have to put skirts because of the lip, then it certainly starts moving away from what you are trying to achieve. The R hood could be done, but again, its an aggressive look instead of a clean one.

I do agree with one thing though, the TE37s looked fantastic. I don't like TE37s (blasphemy!), but yours is the only car I ever said, "that looks right."

If the lip is good enough for Gran Turismo it is good enough for YOU:

trackf360.jpg

gt5___nsx_r_drift_by_psykomysik-d34d7wz.jpg

Here it is from the side. I think it fits with the factory skirt just fine. And my car is sitting at stock height!

bullet.jpg

Can't you get the Volks in a concave offset? I've seen them... what is the issue? how low your car is?

I vote WITH lip :biggrin: any lip. Just not OEM 02+. (This thread is like trying to scrutinize something near perfect. It's quite difficult)
Even the middle gen popup lip looks better than the OEM 02+ imho.

Here's my personal fav.
IMG_4436.jpg

Mine has taken a beating yet so far yet it's still on one piece!
6179917782_373781c2c5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Ryu, have you seen what happens to the JPA lip when it hits pavement? does it flex at all?

Ryu, have you seen what happens to the JPA lip when it hits pavement? does it flex at all?
Yes, I have. Ask me how I know...........

It will scratch and flex some. It's similar to the Shine flexible lips in quality and flexibility. <--- main reason why I bought it. It's comprised of some type of urethane. It also goes back to it's original shape by laying it in the sun if you tie it into a pretzel... just saying...

Honestly, I really can't comprehend how you guys keep your CF/FB/Plastic lips in tack. I'd shatter those in a week!

Sorry Synth! Didn't mean to threadjack. Can delete if you'd like me to.

JP Aero is definitely a favorite of mine. Funny, when I picked up my NSX from DC, I was supposed to meet up with a guy selling a used one in the area. I ended up not getting it because I wasn't 100% sure.

It looks flexible from the pics I've seen. I think it's a polyurethane material IIRC.

i
3461726390_5697db3d9c_o.jpg

color matched:wink:

Back