• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Imola Orange Pearl/Orange Cars

who has the Imola/Type-S? Heard you were at olive garden this weekend lol

8c7815c2fd4111e2933022000aa8032d_7.jpg

Oh wow.. I know him... but what is he doing in NYC?!?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I can be added on the list. Wonder how many Imola 02 conversions there are

LOVE your car and conversion, but for the purpose of this thread- I don't think we should include any conversions. I sound like some imola biggot! lol!

i've seen this car personally with full intention to buy it about 2 months ago.

imo, at first glance for a 2004 it was in fair condition (tons of paint chips on front bumper, some major chips on door - from grocery shopping cart i was told) the driver seat was noticeble much more worn then expected for a car with only 35000km. immediately that did not make sense to me since ive seen some 997 porsches with 75000k on them with absolutely pristine and new interiors (driver seat included)

the story i bestly recall from the owner is that it has rebuilt title due to the driver side door and side skirt being damaged hence the car was imported over here in 2006 for 45k cdn. i was also told that the door and side skirt fix was 25k to fix. the shop that did the fix was in toronto. i didnt get as far as going over the documentation so i cannot comment further on what i was told re the history of the vehicle.

the first thing i did when inspecting the car was to obviously check out the fixed door and side skirt.

the color of the repaint was slightly off (you can only really tell in pictures, and can also tell in the trader pictures if paying close attention; but for a 25k fix on an exotic that makes no sense to me) but what irked me was that the side skirt install was poorly done, hence the skirt had shifted about an inch. i could immiedately see a 1 inch gap between the door and the side skirt.

therefore the side skirt would rub into the side skirt door cap when the door of the car was open.

of course this caused the door to not open properly and the door cap side skirt piece was partially ripping off the car. the owner claimed he knew that the door wasnt opening but couldn't figure out why the problem was, and also stated that everyone else who saw the car couldn't figure out what caused the problem. immediately this did not put me at ease since i was able to figure this out in 2 minute of paying close attention to this and i am by no means a mechanic :confused:

the interior needed a detailing; minor things such as holes in the speaker cover, a few noticable scratches here and there and i also recall that the driver sun targo roof clip was missing (you have to press your finger into the hole of the targa roof to unlatch the roof from the car).

my best guess it that these photos on the ad were taken about 5 years ago when the car was first fixed as the condition of the car upon a careful inspection is noticeably different then what is shown in the photos.

the car drove ok, but i cant really compare to other nsx's since the other ones i had looked into weren't close to being stock vehicles.

in fairness, i would say that for a 2004 it was in much rougher shape then i was expecting, especially for a car that has 35km. hence was open to the idea of much MUCH older nsx's that were meticulously taken care of; and found a few beauties here and there.

hope this helps!

This car (JH4NA21674T000081, see page 4 for more) appears to be back on the market in Toronto, asking price 48,999$, Kijiji ad 517079563

Temporary link: http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...ura-NSX-Imola-Orange-Targa-W0QQAdIdZ517079563

Last edited:
Imola/imola for sale in Canada

Make sure to read page 4 of this post if interested in this 2004 Imola/orange. JH4NA21674T000081.

pretty significant damage back in 2005.

I assume this is the cheap one for sale in Ontario right now/again? Says its needed a new door but that looked bad.

It's the one. Current owner is on prime - rx7.

Prev owner was the one that imported and had the car "fixed" for 25k

I have seen this kinda of hit before the main rail will def be bent, you can pull the shoot out of it ( the frame) and your never gonna pull it enough so the seat will not rub and as slow as a dog to move forward. that car needs a whole new cut for that side where you gonna find someone with an NSX chassis they would cut for you.

none. part it out to bad I hate saying that

makes good sense. the fix ended up being crappy and the door woudlnt open it properly when i looked it at june 2011. i walked away as their were toooooo many things that were driving me crazy

I have seen this kinda of hit before the main rail will def be bent, you can pull the shoot out of it ( the frame) and your never gonna pull it enough so the seat will not rub and as slow as a dog to move forward. that car needs a whole new cut for that side where you gonna find someone with an NSX chassis they would cut for you.

none. part it out to bad I hate saying that

Images taken Sunday evening, October 27th, near Plymouth Twp, MI.

bc23039c3f5c11e3a75822000aaa0514_8.jpg

spotted on IG

Hey Mike! Great catch, but I have no idea from where. IG ? ? ?

Don't tell my significant other - she thinks I was playing hockey! :biggrin:

NOT puckin' around.

The car looks great. Appears to have been fixed by a high end shop. If the fix is well documented, the price is about right. Shawn better get it before the Imola Police get to it or Red-nsx decides he needs a high mileage one to daily drive. :victorious:

Never seen this color in person but the pictures sure look sweet!

Oh lawd. I wantz.

Back