• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Impossible Dream Realized

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to let you all know I picked up my brand new 2019 Acura NSX in thermal orange on Friday. It's been a dream of mine to own any super car, but this one makes it all the more special. I've always considered Honda to build the best engines on the planet. Being a huge motor sports fan, I've seen them dominate at the highest levels of motorsport. I've been reading about the NSX since the early 90's and am so blessed to own this new one. I was debating about a 911, but there are just too many of them around, and the NSX is more special in every single way. When I made up my mind on the NSX I didn't even need to drive it. I knew in my heart that I would love it. What a special car this is. You know you are in something special once you sit inside it. It feels like you expect a supercar should. I've been able to enjoy the car in this brief couple of days. I have 2 teenage boys that love cars just as much as me, and they are over the moon. Saturday was spent with a steady stream of teenage boys coming by the house to see, sit in, hear and touch this engineering masterpiece. I will do my part to make sure the NSX's legendary status lives on. I can't believe I now own it. The Honda slogan "Power of Dreams" could never be more appropriate.

So now... how do I become part of the private owners discussion?

welcome...join your regional nsxcc.....pm Bram...

Enjoy it in the best of health (and with winter tires).

The owners page is on life support. To join, just email your vin # to the moderator.

Congrats, I hope to follow your lead. I lived in St Catherines back in the 90's hope to retire in the Niagara area, beautiful area for a drive.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Welcome to the club! I echo every single line you said. Picked up my 2020 TOP july 5 and puts a big smile on my face every time I take it out or just pop in the garage! Congrats on dream come true and enjoy the power of dreams! Hey, we won monza!!

Congrats! You chose well. The NC1 is awesome, and you hot one with suspension changes. Enjoy!

congrats!

Just curious on your decision process (if you care to share). You mentioned passing on the Porsche. Did you consider others as well?

p.s. this will help get your post count up! :)

Thanks!! Well I specked 911 Carerra S. From a price standpoint the 911 C4S is more of a price comparison. I thought about a used low km Maserati Granturismo but really concerned about reliability, bad infotainment. Visited a Corvette dealer and was concerned it would be too much of a muscle car and not refined enough. Thought about Mercedes AMG GT, but it doesn’t seem as special. R8 has been around a long time, and it’s life is ending soon. To be honest besides Porsche I would be scared to own a German car outside of warranty. Honda/Acura has a history of ignored sports cars that at some point people realize they were amazing pieces of engineering and then they go up in value. This was a consideration as well.

Enjoy it in the best of health (and with winter tires).

The owners page is on life support. To join, just email your vin # to the moderator.

How's that? There are multiple posts a day, almost all constructive/helpful, new products and reviews posted that never make it here, no non owners with too much time on their hands that sit around and talk trash all day, etc. There is tons of good information there. Nearly none here.

Well I don’t know what things are or aren’t like. All I know is we need to get the word out and convince the non believers that these are cars that deserve to be considered. Stop looking at a badge or prestige and go after a bad with legit racing heritage. People can hate on the NSX all day. Those of us that own them know how specials they are.

Back