• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

In less than two weeks... I'll be an NSXer!

Well... after owning all kinds of cars, it's finally time for the NSX. I've always liked the pop-up headlight NSX, and after much searching, I was fortunate to have closed a deal with Jadkar.

It really started about three years ago, when I was instructing at a track event. I never thought much about the S2k, but after a few laps, was so impressed that I bought a new Suzuka Blue '02 within weeks. While I only had it for less than a year (it now resides at Gingerman Raceway with the track owner), it was one of the most rewarding and fun cars that I had ever driven/owned. And it is with that same excitement in mind that I anticipate the arrival of the NSX. I think it truely will be another fun driver's car.

John (Jadkar) and Karen have been a pleasure to deal with, and I am looking very much forward to the ownership experience. Here are some pix and details... though the car is so well documented here, that you all probably know all about it already.

Peace,
Stephen
1stephen1.com

PS. John, I've already got a SoS ball shiftknob waiting on my desk for the new baby... thanks again!

1998 NSX-T
6spd
Black / Camel - 1 of 5 produced in '98
Zanardi springs
Koni adjustable shocks
Front & Rear Science Of Speed (Comptech) adjustable anti-roll bars
Both Type R front chassis braces
Science Of Speed short shift knob
17” & 18” OZ superleggera “bright silver” wheels
215 /40 r17 Bridgestone SO3 Pole position front tires (50% left)
265 / 35 r18 Bridgestone SO3 Pole position rear tries (brand new, just bought them for this sale)
Paddock (Magnaflow stainless steel) exhaust - 13rwhp gain from Mustang Dyno
DEFI VSD Concept HUD
Stock Acura nose mask
Acura 6 disc changer

IMG_5642.jpg

IMG_5620.jpg

IMG_5622.jpg

IMG_5617.jpg

IMG_5616.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg

IMG_5626.jpg

IMG_5639.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

IMG_5640.jpg

IMG_5641.jpg

IMG_5644.jpg

IMG_5643.jpg

IMG_5645.jpg

IMG_5646.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Congrats! You got a great car from a dedicated owner. We will miss the car in our Northeast gatherings but I am sure it will be a welcome addition to the left coast.

Congratulations Stephen! That was one of the NSXs I was truly wishing for while I was shopping for one. I'm glad it's coming to Southern CA :biggrin: and I hope to see it in one of the upcoming NSX meets.

Nice buy! Now to keep the equalibrium and not upset the natural order somebody on the west coast needs to send a great used nsx to the East coast! :tongue: I hope you love it as much as Jadkar did!

Thanks for the congrats...

RSO 34: I can definitely tell John/Karen really cared for their NSX and are true car enthusiasts just like me, and they were great to deal with. BTW, Nico looks just like my Baili... my wife and I did double-takes when we saw the bottom-most pix... absolute twins. I'll have to find a pix to show you.

GHOSTRIDER: There's a wealth of info on NSXPrime about the HUD... just do a quick search.

DREWDEEZEE: I'm sure we'll meet one of these days... we're practically neighbors, as my home is right by Universal Studios, and I'm always golfing at Scholl Canyon.

DOCJOHN: It's always nice when a sports car returns to it's natural habitat... ;) I've been doing a lot of canyon carving since moving to Cali, and am really lookng forward to exploring the NSX's abilities out there. Can't wait!

Stephen
1stephen1.com

Last edited:
Wow...I was hoping never to see the photos of my NSX on the flatbed again. Thanks for the reality check :( Karen and I will miss Eileen very much, we know we will have a new one in the Spring but you never forget your first!! I know you will enjoy her as much as we did, she's real quick and the suspension set-up is perfect. Just ask RSO34 he's running the same set-up and DocJohn had it up until last year.

We would rather remember her like this rather then on the back of a flatbed.

jadkar-Eileen.jpg

Please take care of her....

Worry not... Eileen will be enjoying sunny days all year round, with regular visits to the canyons... she'll be joining a fine line of well-loved and cared for cars... and since I am a pix whore, you guys will get to "visit" her regularly on NSXPrime! Now, back to counting down the hours...

Stephen
1stephen1.com

Last edited:
Congrats!

Love the wheels. Same as mine! :wink:

6429nsx_photo_2.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful car, I love the one pic by the waterfall!

It's funny... this NSX will actually be the third time that I've had Superleggeras on a car that I had or have owned... the other two being a 380rwhp Miata many years ago, the most recent being a Porsche Turbo (600HP), abeit in 3-piece.

Stephen
1stephen1.com

miatatrack2.jpg

a3.jpg

e3.jpg

a2.jpg

03.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. I wonder how the NSX will transform in your hands. :biggrin:

I always seem to alternate between FI and NA... get sick of modding, so I buy an optimized NA setup... then, miss the power, and go crazy with FI... back and forth. When I had my S2k, I only did wheels/tires/intake/speakers. The performance and handling was great at the track... made me feel like Schuey! I can't wait for the NSX... hope it'll be a more amplified experience relative to the S2k, 'cause that was one of the funnest street cars at the track!

BTW, is that your kid in your avatar? Simply adorable!!

Stephen
1stephen1.com

You right-coasters are a few hours behind us left-coasters.. you'd better go check your garage one more time...

(Sweet pix... one of the reasons that drew me to Jadkar's... what suspension do you have? Looks a tad lower than Zanardi springs...)

Best of luck with Eileen. That car is sweet and seeing the Superleggeras on John's car was the reason I purchased the same wheels earlier this year. I was just at John and Karen's place and as usual the car was clean, dry and under cover.
You are getting a great car from great owners. I am sure with your ownership pedigree that she will be in great hands :cool:
Enjoy the ride :biggrin:

Best of luck with your new ride; John and Karen are fanatics and good people. Ask John about his CRX :biggrin:

John - its auction time :wink:

Stephen, I'm in socal also. How much was it to ship and what are the tax implications of buying an NSX out of state? Also, do you anticipate having any problems registering the vehicle due to stricter California emmissions laws? Thanks.

John

I wish. Got the photo from the net. Here's the higher resolution. Notice the Hello Kitty fork. Aww. :biggrin:
57721129289371719.jpg

stephenti said:
BTW, is that your kid in your avatar? Simply adorable!!

Stephen
1stephen1.com

wingedseraph said:
Stephen, I'm in socal also. How much was it to ship and what are the tax implications of buying an NSX out of state? Also, do you anticipate having any problems registering the vehicle due to stricter California emmissions laws? Thanks.

John

I had it shipped from NJ via enclosed rail for $1150 (iirc)... will take 3 wks though. I've used Intercity, and they were my first choice... but, they were so booked that they couldn't take my order; most truck transport prices were around $1500~1900, but as high as $2800. I would have used Franz (referred from NSXPrime), but he wasn't able to return my call in time to make arrangements b/c my ph number was not recorded clearly in his vm.

As far as taxes, Cali gets the rate multiplied by whatever your stated purchase price is.

As for emmissions, not worried... can't see how any modern era car can fail. And from what I hear, there is ALWAYS a way to pass...

Stephen
1stephen1.com

Back