• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Indiana to Florida and back again in the NSX...garage queens BEWARE!!

Lazarus said:
Damn, white looks good!

Xenon headlamps soon? ;)

Funny you should say that....I am waiting for someone to do a group buy on the Science of Speed HID units....anyone??

s800 said:
When is your US Circumference run?

Trying to schedule it around my wedding and work schedule....looking at a couple of months from now hopefully.

Lazarus said:
Damn, white looks good!...

I always thought white looked cool, but when I finally saw my '94 on the lot, I had to buy it. I love it!! :)

...just did a round trip to Michigan and surrounding area this weekend....piling up the miles. :D

My weekend trip to Long Beach went well. I logged 930 miles in two days. :eek: :D Didn't have time to do much outside of the wedding and socializing, so I couldn't go to the AutoX or the PCH route...:(

Oh, of course, the NSX handled the trip beautifully.

Autophile said:
My weekend trip to Long Beach went well. I logged 930 miles in two days. :eek: :D Didn't have time to do much outside of the wedding and socializing, so I couldn't go to the AutoX or the PCH route...:(

Oh, of course, the NSX handled the trip beautifully.

YEAH!! You go!! Almost 1,000 miles of smiles you just invested there. Well done. :)

You know what I enjoyed the most during my drive to LA and back? It was the fact that I could do EVERYTHING in 5th gear. Steep "grapevine" mountain inclines? Sheesh, no sweat. 5th gear, AC on, and easily passing people uphill @ 90 mph. Need to pass 4 cars quickly? Just leave it in 5th and nudge the throttle a bit. Sigh, what an awesome car.

Mitch, you're right. I don't do this enough! :D

Autophile said:
You know what I enjoyed the most during my drive to LA and back? It was the fact that I could do EVERYTHING in 5th gear. Steep "grapevine" mountain inclines? Sheesh, no sweat. 5th gear, AC on, and easily passing people uphill @ 90 mph. Need to pass 4 cars quickly? Just leave it in 5th and nudge the throttle a bit. Sigh, what an awesome car.

Mitch, you're right. I don't do this enough! :D

Ahhh....yes, my son...you have seen the light. Now go forth and drive...DRIVE!!! :D

Meeyatch1 said:
Funny you should say that....I am waiting for someone to do a group buy on the Science of Speed HID units....anyone??

Yeah I'm in on the HID units from SOS, I'm wanting them too!

And the event coming up in South bend I want to come to that but I have to check on some things (money etc). But don't count me out just yet, I'm coming to something sometime LOL

timothyaw said:
Yeah I'm in on the HID units from SOS, I'm wanting them too!

And the event coming up in South bend I want to come to that but I have to check on some things (money etc). But don't count me out just yet, I'm coming to something sometime LOL

Do I have to buy you a tank of gas to get you to attend. :)

Mitch and all,

I just had to respond to this thread.:D :D :D :D

I live in Kansas :) and my car has been in southeast Canada, Florida, southern California, northern California, and many places in between. Generally, when I make a road trip to a driving event, I return home afterwards. See my events below and my signature for total mileage.

If I had to leave my car in a garage, I would be lost because it is my daily driver and then some.

<table border=1><tr><td>Date</td><td>Venue</td><td>Sponsor</td><td>Track<br>days</td><td>Seat<br>time</td></tr><tr><td>2003/10</td><td>Putnam Park</td><td>St. Louis Area Lotus Lovers</td><td>1</td><td>2:00</td></tr><tr><td>2003/11/15</td><td>Texas World Speedway</td><td>The Driver's Edge</td><td>2</td><td>2:40</td></tr><tr><td>2003/12/06</td><td>Motorsport Ranch</td><td>The Driver's Edge</td><td>2</td><td>2:40</td></tr><tr><td>2004/01/10</td><td>Willow Springs Int'l Raceway (Big Willow)</td><td>Redline Track Events</td><td>1</td><td>1:20</td></tr><tr><td>2004/01/17</td><td>Arizona Motorsports Park</td><td>NASA - AZ</td><td>2</td><td>2:40</td></tr><tr><td>2004/02/21</td><td>Phoenix Int'l Raceway</td><td>NASA - AZ</td><td>2</td><td>2:40</td></tr><tr><td>2004/02/27</td><td>Infineon</td><td>Checkerd Flag Racing Assoc.</td><td>1</td><td>2:00</td></tr><tr><td>2004/02/28</td><td>Thunderhill Park</td><td>NASA - NorCal</td><td>2</td><td>2:40</td></tr><tr><td>2004/03/07</td><td>Texas World Speedway</td><td>The Driver's Edge</td><td>2</td><td>2:40</td></tr><tr><td colspan=3 align=right>Total</td><td>15</td><td>18:40</td></tr></table>

Last edited:
Meeyatch1 said:
Do I have to buy you a tank of gas to get you to attend. :)

LOL good one! I wish it was that easy hehe. House stuff ya know. But I will be making a serious effort to attend the next event in the midwest region. Guess I just check out the midwest region of the board?

timothyaw said:
LOL good one! I wish it was that easy hehe. House stuff ya know. But I will be making a serious effort to attend the next event in the midwest region. Guess I just check out the midwest region of the board?

The Midwest really does not have many sizable gatherings, so you really should try and attend if you can. It will be fun, trust me. :)

Revived the beginning of the series for those that missed it. ;)

In the spirit of getting people to drive their NSX's, I bumped this thread up. Read....then drive....read....then drive. :D

On your next road trip will you be sporting the Star Trek uniform you had on in your sitting on the wing pic from yesterday? :biggrin: :tongue:

3k in sparco seats huh?..I'm not familiar with the "torino" version are they comfortable?..the last time I sat in a sparco seat I wanted to get out ..not drive 3k in it..but it was a no padding racing seat.

Meeyatch1 said:
In the spirit of getting people to drive their NSX's, I bumped this thread up. Read....then drive....read....then drive. :D

I relocated with my company a few weeks ago from Hartford, CT to Columbia, SC. Had to get away before this winter hit!

The company paid to transport all of our vehicles, but we ended up driving our new '05 Sienna down with our 13 month old daughter one Saturday/Sunday instead of flying (we're tired of flying with all the house-hunting trips we made). It was ~850 miles over two leisurely days. No problem.

What did I do with the NSX? I left her at our old place, and then flew back up to CT two days after driving the family down to SC. Flew in to CT at noon, washed/prepped the NSX, and then headed off to SC that afternoon. Drove STRAIGHT THROUGH that night and made it to Columbia 13 hours and 850 miles later (would have been quicker, but I hit NY,NJ, and MD traffic in the evening).

The best part was my company paid for the flight back to CT, extra time off, and mileage for the NSX (it was actually cheaper for them than transporting it). Oh, I averaged 27 MPG too.

It's good to read these types of threads. After all, one of the main reasons why I bought my NSX is because of the great reliability.

I'll be driving to Las Vegas this weekend and I can't wait to spend some quality time with her. :biggrin:

daaaaaaam!!!! you're making me envious!!!!!
I think you're addicted to driving :)
Mines going back in maybe today :(, but soon we shall drive!!!!!!

I'd be interested in the lights too! The stock ones suck at night, I have to use my brights to just see the road....then again I have like 20/50 vision.

Oh, and I think I know where the dude with the 04 sliver NSX lives!!!...ya Im a stalker lol ;) jk. There also another NSX in his neighboord (looks like 91-92 moded) 2 Ferrari 355's and a Diablo VT Roadster!!!!

I just drove mine from New Mexico to FLorida for a move. I had her packed full of stuff and it was a great drive. Twenty hours total and I never got tired of driving, I did just get darn tired the first day though...lol I never saw any other NSX's on the way here either, but my best bet would have probably been going through Dallas and I did that at night time.

My NSX is my only car right now and I am completely comfortable with using it as much as any other daily driver.

My first NSX was my daily driver for years, I ended up with ver 100k and the car was about 8 years old at the time. At the time, my girlfriend (now wife and two kids) talk about the car all the time. We had a great time driving around San Francisco and commuting to work everyday. Four weeks ago, I came back to being an NSX owner.
However, before I looked at the NSX, I looked at a Noble M12. I was looking for something that was "just" practical but exotic. The M12 was quite the performer, but no trunk whatsoever and the interior wasn't too refined. Nice looking car though!!!
I remember putting my brief case and gym bag in the NSX, grocery shopping and running errands without any problems. I was paranoid about someone giving me door dings, but whenever it happened, I just had them repaired an went on with enjoying the car.
Honestly, I believe that the most affordable, reliable and ultra performance exotic would be a turbocharged NSX.
If you could find a decent 91 for 30k, you could have the motor, turbo system, rims, suspension and probably a few other things for 55k. This would get you a super head turner that packs over 500hp to the wheel.

I drive my car as much as possible and I don't worry too much about the mileage. It's irrelevant to me as LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO NOT ENJOY IT NOW!!!

Back