• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Indiana to Florida and back again in the NSX...garage queens BEWARE!!

An NSX will do funny things to its owner after a while. Things like make you want to put almost 3,000 miles on it in a week. Yes, I said 3,000 miles. In other words, more than most people on here drive their NSX in a year or two. :D

Last Monday I officially caved and took the NSX out of storage early and installed some parts. I dug deep into the attic and grabbed a set of Prodrive GC-06D wheels, Sparco Torino seats, Sparco seat rails, new OEM 97+ NSX front chin spoiler, and a new plastic splash shield for the driver's side front wheel well, and went to work. By the end of the night I had transformed my sleeping beauty into a ready to go road princess. :)

After some preliminary driving around town and such, I began to get the itch for some summertime weather to go driving around. A cursory glance at NSX Prime revealed a car show in Florida, and more importantly.....an excuse to drive. :D

So around Thursday at lunch I managed to convince one of my friends that Florida for no real reason at all was a great idea. He grabbed a bag and we were off to the Sunshine State!!

For those of you that evidently have mistaken your garage for a museum, and never drive your NSX, you are REALLY missing out. Cruising along at speeds around 100 mph (meters per hour for 'official' badged personnel...hehe), and zipping through empty switchbacks reveals how great this car really is. Not only that, but it is a very comfortable car, even during these long drives. My co-pilot even commented that he will be looking for a Formula Red '91-'93 NSX come summer because he was so impressed with my NSX. Another one converted to the NSX world. :D

All in all I drove about 3,000 miles in the past week alone, and look forward to adding SEVERAL thousand more miles this year whenever I can. The interesting thing is that I did not see ANY other NSX's on the road the entire way down, or on the way back until I got to Indianapolis (about an hour from my home). Sailing through Indy we saw a '02-'04 NSX-T in silver on I-465, and then a '91-'94 Formula Red NSX with chrome wheels on I-69 south just north of Indianapolis. The funny thing about being INSIDE the NSX for so long is that you almost forget how beautiful the car is until you see another one on the road to look at. Well, I have to go drive it some more, so see you all later. GET OUT AND DRIVE!! :D

Mitch, it sounds like you had a great time. :D

I will be driving my NSX down to Long Beach for a wedding on March 6th, and I can't wait. It is about 600 miles each way from Sacramento, so I'm thinking it'll take about 5 hours to get there, and perhaps 6 coming back... j/k :) I hope all the rain we've been having will be cleared out by then....

The interesting thing is that I did not see ANY other NSX's on the road the entire way down
Because we didn't meet up.:D
j/k
Glad everything worked out and you had a great trip.
My co-pilot even commented that he will be looking for a Formula Red '91-'93 NSX
I might be able to help him out pretty soon.;)

Meeyatch1 said:
The funny thing about being INSIDE the NSX for so long is that you almost forget how beautiful the car is until you see another one on the road to look at.
This is a big problem. Which is why NSX events are so awesome, but you have two NSXs so you should never encounter this issue! :D

Autophile said:

I will be driving my NSX down to Long Beach for a wedding on March 6th, and I can't wait. It is about 600 miles each way from Sacramento, so I'm thinking it'll take about 5 hours to get there, and perhaps 6 coming back... j/k :) I hope all the rain we've been having will be cleared out by then....

For a better time, leave early and go by way of Big Sur down 1.

Have fun. :) :) :)

Doh! I checked the distance and it's 425 miles to Long Beach each way. Still, I look forward to a nice drive. And taking Highway 1 sounds like fun... Thanks Sloopy. :D

Sounds like you had a great time Mitch, good for you. I'm going to be getting mine out this weekend (taking a 4-day weekend:D)
Hey Mitch I'm in Indy and I rarely see an NSX and you saw TWO in one day wow. Hey the next time you're in Indy give me a call so we can meet. It would be alot of fun

Re: Re: Indiana to Florida and back again in the NSX...garage queens BEWARE!!

PHOEN$X said:
This is a big problem. Which is why NSX events are so awesome, but you have two NSXs so you should never encounter this issue! :D

LOL!! I know...I have my own NSX meets at my house, with my own cars...quite sad really. :D ;)

timothyaw said:
Sounds like you had a great time Mitch, good for you. I'm going to be getting mine out this weekend (taking a 4-day weekend:D)
Hey Mitch I'm in Indy and I rarely see an NSX and you saw TWO in one day wow. Hey the next time you're in Indy give me a call so we can meet. It would be alot of fun

LOL!! Yes, 4-day weekends rule with the NSX!! Send me a PM with your cell phone number and I will let you know when I am there next....talk to you soon. :D

Autophile said:

YEAH!! Enjoy the drive. The NSX is so great on long trips, and you will be happier during the drive itself...I know I was. :D

Mitch,

Sounds like a great drive. Hey, we missed you last night at Chalkies. Boiler, Oversteer, Walts and myself were there drinking beer, talking cars and shooting pool. Next time you get into town, let me know.

Also, my girlfriend is looking at an NSX. If all goes well, she should be an owner by next week. I can't wait to steal it from her. :D She drove my S2000 this weekend and really liked it. She said, "If I buy this NSX and want to trade you cars sometimes, you won't mind, will you?"

"Uh, no... I would do that for you.":D

TTYL

Geoff Chambers

gheba_nsx said:
Nice! What about some photos??? :D :)

I have some photos from gas stops, but brain-farted and forgot to take others....now if you want to see the NSX at the gas pump in Georgia...I have that. :D

Ghambers said:
Mitch,

Sounds like a great drive. Hey, we missed you last night at Chalkies. Boiler, Oversteer, Walts and myself were there drinking beer, talking cars and shooting pool. Next time you get into town, let me know.

Also, my girlfriend is looking at an NSX. If all goes well, she should be an owner by next week. I can't wait to steal it from her. :D She drove my S2000 this weekend and really liked it. She said, "If I buy this NSX and want to trade you cars sometimes, you won't mind, will you?"

"Uh, no... I would do that for you.":D

TTYL

Geoff Chambers

LOL!! You are a good man to make that sacrifice. :D

Dude...PM me your phone number so I can give you a direct call next time. I will be back down there soon.

Good for you....I drive mine every chance I get...even in the rain!!! He who dies with the cleanest toys probably did not really get to enjoy them!!!!!!:D

Autophile, Since you'll be in SoCal maybe you can stop by Hollywood Park for the AutoX. Hope it fits in your schedule.

Here she is at Mammoth Cave....look how pretty she is. :D

Attachments

• \'94 nsx (mammoth cave gas stop february 20, 2004).jpg
    \'94 nsx (mammoth cave gas stop february 20, 2004).jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,330
Here she is later that night in Georgia......another BP station, another tank of gas used for fun. Look into her eyes...how could you not take her out for a drive?? :D

Attachments

• \'94 nsx (georgia gas stop february 20, 2004).jpg
    \'94 nsx (georgia gas stop february 20, 2004).jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,333
Back