• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Indianapolis Service

Can anyone in the Central Indiana area recommend a good service center for the NSX. I have been using Ed Martin Acura and I am very unimpressed with their service. Thanks.

almost EVERYONE I know HATES them with a passion
everyone loves Hubler Acura on the SS

the idiots at Ed Martion freaked out and said I was gonna blow up my engine when I mentioned that I rev it over 5k rpm :eek:
I asked her if she ever drove one, to which she said shes driven alot of them
she shut up after I mentioned it had a 8k redline and doesnt evenhit VTEC until 5500 or max hp until 7100

hardly the people I would even want washing my car, let alone working on it

I do know a few techs there that are great, but the management is a focked up :(

on top of that, Hubler will give you a free loaner for the day, Ed Martin will shuttle your ass with several others when its conveinent for them :(

Last edited:
Can anyone in the Central Indiana area recommend a good service center for the NSX. I have been using Ed Martin Acura and I am very unimpressed with their service. Thanks.

Ed Martin in a horrible nightmare. I will never again take my NSX there for anything. They are rude, gouge you for everything, and borderline incompetent.

Example. They replaced the battery cable on my NSX. Upon giving it back to me, my keyless entry did not workk. I approached them with this, and they played dumb. I further suggested that maybe since they had the battery out, when they hooked everything back up, maybe a fuse got blown. They had 4 techs look over my car and could not find anything. They had all the doors open, front and rear hatches, even were checking the trunk latch. I said, 'Are you sure there is not some sort of in-line fuse on the keyless system itself that may be blown,' and they shrugged me off, looked confused by my question, and said my car was not fixable. One of these techs was their NSX Master Tech I found out later. They had the car the majority of the day for this, and wanted me to come back the next week for diagnostic time that they said I may get billed for if it took too long.

So I take the car home, pull out my factory shop manual to find the keyless entry brain, and within 5 minutes I have pulled it out, found the in-line fuse that these brain surgeons could not find, replaced the fuse, and had my car working again! ARGH!! :mad:

Take your car to Hubler Acura in Greenwood. Talk to Lindsay (HE is the Service Manager) or Adam and tell them Mitch with the white NSX sent you. They know me on a first name basis. Great guys, and friendly. I live on the north side in Fishers (5 minutes from Ed Martin Acura), but will drive the 45 minutes to Hubler Acura because they are that much better. Trust me.

Last edited:
the Mitch has spoken!!!

lol :biggrin:

Dan,

I suppose you have experienced Hubler by now, but I used them when I had the NSX, and djdrock swears by them. Their guys know what they are doing, and are very fair about their pricing. Never had a bad experience with the two cars I had serviced there.

Joe

Dan,

I suppose you have experienced Hubler by now, but I used them when I had the NSX, and djdrock swears by them. Their guys know what they are doing, and are very fair about their pricing. Never had a bad experience with the two cars I had serviced there.

Joe

Ive been there a few times with Mitch, he has alot of pull there and they treat him like a king lol, well maybe a prince
I think my car has only been service there twice. The first time was so so, they didnt really fix the problem I had, but they fixed another. They didnt want to test the wind nocie above 125 mph which is understandable. The other they did my major serivce, I think it was the 90k mile one, even though I only have like 23,xxx on it now :(
Both times Mitch was kind to enough to help me out with getting the car there and back and getting me the hookup :)
I owe him big

My shop is only 1.5 hours away from Indy.. You all should make the drive. With the amount of money I can save ya it will be VERY worth it!

So true! You wont even have to worry about your car there! I now live in Louisville and will make the drive up to Cincinnati for his shop! Which is over an hour and a half just to go to Source's place!

I will second Source 1. The most important thing - HE IS FAIR about all work that is done at his shop, won't nickel and dime you and treats the NSX community well.

SOURCENSX:
Can you post your shop contact info. Thanks. Scott

Mods will prob delete me saying I am soliciting but here goes nothing!!:biggrin:

Source 1 Automotive
513-300-9122 my cell
513-722-0223 service

website is

www.source1automotive.com

Thanks!!

I will second Source 1. The most important thing - HE IS FAIR about all work that is done at his shop, won't nickel and dime you and treats the NSX community well.

I'll 3rd that. I'll never take my car anywhere else to get serviced. Besides, drive it to Cincy so we can all meet. Brian promises a free lunch at O'Charlie's to anyone that has their NSX serviced... I mean ... c'mon... is it even a decision at this point? :wink:

I'll 3rd that. I'll never take my car anywhere else to get serviced. Besides, drive it to Cincy so we can all meet. Brian promises a free lunch at O'Charlie's to anyone that has their NSX serviced... I mean ... c'mon... is it even a decision at this point? :wink:

WHAT?:biggrin:

That's a pretty good deal. So I can have my oil changed and get a free lunch?

I usually do it myself, but then I get hungry too.

Thanks for throwin me under the bus.. :biggrin:

I wonder if I can negotiate a discount with o'charlies for NSX owners..:wink:

Hey hey... we call that incentive marketing Brian. You have to give up some loaded potato soup with an oil change, then with a happy heart those people come back for their clutch / timing belt / water pump installations.

I mean look at all the beers, trips to FL, meals you've probably pitched in on me for. Then you were able to gouge me for that huge labor bill when I got all my goodies installed. :biggrin:

J/K guys, he's not gouging anyone.

I will be making the drive to get my car lowered. Why throw away $$$ to an impersonal dealer when you can give it to a trusted member like Brian?

I plan on driving up US 42 along the river. Beautiful drive to Cinci.

Back