• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interests in 02+ replica oem wheels???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like a set 17x7.5 and 18x9.5 with the correct offsets for tat flush look on a non lowered car.

Last edited:
I think the offsets should be similar to OEM. If someone wants flush or whatever they can use spacers. But a guy can't negate a flush offset wheel. I'd be willing to spend triple that price easy if the wheel could be forged.

create vendor wiki page, then post...

rjwong, please create a forum wiki vendor page & link it your sig. The sticky at the top of the subforum has all the info.

If sets are made with offsets to clear BBK, then you open yourself up to the entire portion of that market base.

Let's be clear here. What you want is a wheel that has a spoke design that clears your BBK (not a particular offset).

The Offset you want will probably be one that makes the wheel flush with the fenders.

These are two different and independent things.

As for the wheels. I would be interested in a set that is 17x8 +40 and 18x9.5 +35.
This is an overall safe offset for most tire sizes yet a whole lot flusher than the OEM wheel specs.

For me, a full forged wheel isn't needed.
To save on cost & minimize weight, I would go flow formed/spun forged/rotary forged (all are cast wheels where steel rollers pressed against the barrel area to pull the rim to its final width and shape). Much cheaper than forged, but the barrel is similar in strength.

In for 17/18's......strongly prefer 17x8 and 18x10's!!!! :biggrin:

I'm in also17x8 18x10

rjwong, please create a forum wiki vendor page & link it your sig. The sticky at the top of the subforum has all the info.

I tried looking for this and no luck, can someone please give me a link or something?

Btw I will be talking with my contact later this week. ill let everyone know the details soon.

Working on 17x8 18x10 oem 02 replica rims

Last edited by a moderator:
I like 17/18 replicas 02 wheels. I'm almost due for tires, so hopefully this happens by next summer or sooner.

Ill go for the same size I have now. 17x8.0 / 18x9.5 that is safe and fairly flush with no rubbing at all on bumps or full turns.

Last edited:
I would think there would be market for the stock 17/17. Seems like they're hard to find.
Maybe the stock 17/17 in a darker color?

I'm pretty sure everyone under the sun would take a set of these for that price :eek:

Now, lets see this come to light. I also think alot would want options for sizing... 17/17, 17/18, and even 18/19

Hopefully something developed from this, seems a lot of interest on the replica.

IMHO, don't waste your time doing 17/17's replicas....there's no point. The community is too small and I don't see enough demand for it....again, my opinion.

The best bet would be to do the 17/18 combo....nice even numbers...17x8 and 18x10's. This happens to be one of the most common aftermarket sizes run on the NSX that retains factory looks (without looking too large)....and is visually appealing but not overstated. That would be perfect IMHO. :wink:

Last edited:
IMHO, don't waste your time doing 17/17's replicas....there's no point. The community is too small and I don't see enough demand for it....again, my opinion.

The best bet would be to do the 17/18 combo....nice even numbers...17x8 and 18x10's. This happens to be one of the most common aftermarket sizes run on the NSX that retains factory looks (without looking too large)....and is visually appealing but not overstated. That would be perfect IMHO. :wink:

+1, it would be a waste. If someone wants 17/17 they can just buy oem even if it costs more. I don't think you will find anyone that wants it anyways, most everybody wants double stagger on the NSX.

i will find out more by the end of this week. looks like 17x8 40mm front and 18x10 40mm rear...

i will find out more by the end of this week. looks like 17x8 40mm front and 18x10 40mm rear...

That sounds right. I still think $1000 is way cheap considering the OEM 02+ goes for $2k+ used and Volks or Weds will cost you 3-4K. I'm not complaining about the price, I am just saying I prefer a higher quality wheel... This is a one chance we get to do this... No one else is going to do this. If they turn out to be soft, or heavy, the whole point is moot. $250 a wheel is the crap you buy from the tire rack for your Accord, not a proper wheel for an NSX.

Some people may complain and say they want a $250 wheel, but you should let the manufacturing costs of a quality wheel dictate the price. Don't over promise and under deliver, under promise and over deliver. If the wheel had the quality of a TE37 that's at $3700 or whatever, I'd still take this wheel simply because it is my favorite design. Not saying it should cost that unless it is forged, but there's a large gap between $1000 and $3700.

Also before it goes into production we should absolutely get the offsets right... something that allows a lowered car run 235's without rubbing, something that can also hopefully clear a BBK or two. I know there is no perfect solution but let's get everyone's input and get it as good as possible. We can't go back and correct after the fact.

I would also ask for the option of buying two wheels for the ones who already have 02+ or a 4 18" option so we can sell two of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back