• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interests in 02+ replica oem wheels???

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. nicholas421
2. Rjwong
3. grtahoang
4. cl65captain
5. POWERED by HONDA
6. UnhuZ (Pending offsets and width)
7. Nero Tenebre (Pending offsets and width)
8. jpangeles
9. socold57 (17x8 +35 and 18x10+25)
10. TURBO2GO
11. Nukem
12. 3.5lnsxr ( 17x8 18x10)
13. Matt_337 pending offsets and size
14. RYU
15. Zishan ***prefer 17x8/18x10 (pending offsets/size)
16. Brylek *** Prefer 17x7 +42 / 18x9 +40
17. arista5 - pending what the final product looks like
16. hlakhani (pending offsets and width)

1. nicholas421
2. Rjwong
3. grtahoang
4. cl65captain
5. POWERED by HONDA
8. jpangeles
10. TURBO2GO
11. Nukem
14. RYU
18. hlakhani (pending offsets and width)
19.nsxasty-(interested if offsets are right)

+35's seem pretty flush, and doesn't need any fender work.

1. nicholas421
2. Rjwong
3. grtahoang
4. cl65captain
5. POWERED by HONDA
8. jpangeles
10. TURBO2GO
11. Nukem
14. RYU
20.skyline15 (pending what final product looks like,as well as offsets)

One thing about the +45 front I like better than +40 is that the nsx has slight toe out in the front, which when combined with the 40 or lower offset makes the tire stick out from the front view of the car on an 8" wheel. Its always bothered me personally. It also keeps the suspension geometry better aligned to use a +45 (ref scrub radius). I am all for concavity but I don't like to see the wheel spoke go out past the rim where it touches the barrel like on your advan there, it exposes the wheel to damage and IMO doesnt look as good as the OEM profile would if it were sucked in more, like the NSX-R wheels. You should see the new HRE wheel profiles from this years catalog for some nice concave profile examples! I will try to find that link and do a photoshop tonight of a larger 18" rear. Oh, and please make sure your guy uses that stoptech bbk wheel clearance template when figuring out the concavity!!! We can very easily make these clear stock brakes and bbk alike since we don't have to worry about a lip w this design. These will be hubcentric for the NSX correct?

Last edited:
1. nicholas421
2. Rjwong
3. grtahoang
4. cl65captain
5. POWERED by HONDA
8. jpangeles
10. TURBO2GO
11. Nukem
14. RYU
21.MadtownNSX (pending offset/size)

1. nicholas4212. Rjwong3. grtahoang4. cl65captain5. POWERED by HONDA6. UnhuZ (Pending offsets and width)7. Nero Tenebre (Pending offsets and width)8. jpangeles9. socold57 (17x8 +35 and 18x10+25)10. TURBO2GO11. Nukem12. 3.5lnsxr ( 17x8 18x10)13. Matt_337 pending offsets and size14. RYU15. Zishan ***prefer 17x8/18x10 (pending offsets/size)16. Brylek *** Prefer 17x7 +42 / 18x9 +4017. arista5 - pending what the final product looks like18. hlakhani (pending offsets and width)19.nsxasty-(interested if offsets are right)20.skyline15 (pending what final product looks like,as well as offsets)21.MadtownNSX (pending offset/size) 22. Avaspapa

1. nicholas421
2. Rjwong
3. grtahoang
4. cl65captain
5. POWERED by HONDA
8. jpangeles
10. TURBO2GO
11. Nukem
14. RYU
21.MadtownNSX (pending offset/size)
22. Avaspapa
23. NSXRAY1

1. nicholas421
2. Rjwong
3. grtahoang
4. cl65captain
5. POWERED by HONDA
8. jpangeles
10. TURBO2GO
11. Nukem
14. RYU
19. nsxasty-(interested if offsets are right)
20. skyline15 (pending what final product looks like,as well as offsets)
21. MadtownNSX (pending offset/size)
22. Avaspapa
23. NSXRAY1
24. Osiris_x11 (K.I.S.S., pls'!)

Last edited:
Photoshops

Photoshops added, 18" rear chop on top for comparison. I scaled the rear wheels (not tires) to 6 percent larger since 18/17 = 1.0588 so this should be really very accurate.

RMS-0 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

20FS-0 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

16FS-0 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

15FS-0 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

5FS-0 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

4FS-0 by Nero Tenebre, on Flickr

I don't think there will be much real world difference in 17/17 and 17/18, but looking at them side by side enhances it for illustration. 17/18 does look slightly better so you should probably stick with that since that will sell more wheels, and give people a reason to "not just buy 02 wheels".

Thanks for the pics Nero. I went ahead and fine tuned the larger rear wheels by correcting the center part of the wheels (lugs nuts and brake disks) to match the fronts proper size. This shows more realistic longer spokes on the larger rear wheel. To me, it's a huge difference for the better. The lowering helps a little too. Add me to the list.

nsxx.jpg

Think the Acura/Honda center caps will fit the replicas?

1. nicholas421
2. Rjwong
3. grtahoang
4. cl65captain
5. POWERED by HONDA
8. jpangeles
10. TURBO2GO
11. Nukem
14. RYU
22. Avaspapa
23. NSXRAY1

I think this is more than enough to start the ball in making these. Once you get them made I am sure there will be a lot more people getting in on this including the S2000 people and easily cover your 48 sets to make it worth doing

For all of you guys with offset questions, below is an example of a
17x8" +48 front with a 215/40/17
18x9.5" +38 rear with a 265/35/18

I am lowered on Eibach springs and have roughly the 1991 alignment specs.
NSXElTorosm.jpg

For a 17x8" +45 front, imagine the front of the picture with a 3mm spacer and that's what it'll look like..

I think this is more than enough to start the ball in making these. Once you get them made I am sure there will be a lot more people getting in on this including the S2000 people and easily cover your 48 sets to make it worth doing

I agree, im going today to talk with my friend

I think the S2000 people will need different sizes and offsets..

I was wondering who might be interested in oem replica rims? we can either do oem specs or do 18/17 sizes with custom offsets and widths...

Basically I know the owner of a pretty big wheel brand (sorry i cannot name names), but he said he would be able to design a replica wheel as long as I order a minimum of 2 sets a month for the next 2 years, so I guess around 50 sets to make it worth his while. we can do gunmetal, silver, or white but most likely will not come with honda center caps since it would be copy right infringement. Also he pointed out that the wheel design must be off by 10% from the original to make it legal. But I am guessing the custom widths would already meet that goal, no sure if he means the face of the wheel design, lol.

I was thinking 17x8 35mm offset front and 18x9 35mm offset rear, something not too aggressive for everyone

Price btw would be about $950 per set of 17/18

Working on 17x8 18x10 oem 02 replica rims

Hi there. I don't mean to be overly intrusive, but I'm not comfortable with the way this appears to be shaping up. At the moment it looks like basically a blind payment drop-ship operation for tens of thousands of dollars to someone who isn't even operating as a business fronting for an anonymous wheel manufacturer. Please don't take this personally. I'm sure you can see the cause for concern when viewed from the outside.

I'm not sure what your reason is for not being able to disclose the name of a manufacturer, but here is the deal. Please do at least one of the following:

1. Put me in touch with the manufacturer. I will perform some due diligence, but won't release the name.

2. Arrange it so people buy the wheels directly from the manufacturer. Obviously you will have to disclose the company prior to people ordering in this case.

3. If you don't want to release the name at all, you need to arrange for payment and order fulfillment through an established vendor operating as an actual business. You can coordinate with one of many vendors already operating on this site, or any well-known vendor with a good reputation.

Please contact me to discuss. Thanks.

I agree with Lud! If this does happen i'd like to purchase a set to just have. Thanks!! When time comes.

1. nicholas421
2. Rjwong
3. grtahoang
4. cl65captain
5. POWERED by HONDA
8. jpangeles
10. TURBO2GO
11. Nukem
14. RYU
22. Avaspapa
23. NSXRAY1
25. Synergy004

Hi there. I don't mean to be overly intrusive, but I'm not comfortable with the way this appears to be shaping up. At the moment it looks like basically a blind payment drop-ship operation for tens of thousands of dollars to someone who isn't even operating as a business fronting for an anonymous wheel manufacturer. Please don't take this personally. I'm sure you can see the cause for concern when viewed from the outside.

I'm not sure what your reason is for not being able to disclose the name of a manufacturer, but here is the deal. Please do at least one of the following:

1. Put me in touch with the manufacturer. I will perform some due diligence, but won't release the name.

2. Arrange it so people buy the wheels directly from the manufacturer. Obviously you will have to disclose the company prior to people ordering in this case.

3. If you don't want to release the name at all, you need to arrange for payment and order fulfillment through an established vendor operating as an actual business. You can coordinate with one of many vendors already operating on this site, or any well-known vendor with a good reputation.

Please contact me to discuss. Thanks.

1) I do not want to disclose the name because then what is stopping someone else from contacting them and stealing my idea.

2) I am not asking anyone to pay for anything nor put down a deposit. I am simply asking people who might be interested before I invest in making this happen. And no, I will not have people purchase it direct from the manufacturer because there is money to be made here and its through my contact and idea that this will come to life.

3) Once everything is researched and developed I will have a sample set to show and test before selling to anyone. My friends shop will have exclusive selling rights from this manufacturer and THEN and only then will I release the name of who is making them. THE SALE AND SHIPMENT WILL GO THROUGH A LEGIT SHOP THAT IS ESTABLISHED, IT WILL NOT BE SOLD BY ME.

4) Your concerns remind me about a very good movie, "Blow", where Johnny Depp had kept being asked who his California contact was. Once he gave out his contacts name he got screwed and cut out of his own business.

So hopefully that part is all cleared up.

I talked to my friend today and he said he would have to talk with the manufacturer for more details. The last time he made his own rim design it took roughly 6 months for the R and D before anything was made. So this is gonna take some time to do. Keeping the center cap hole same as stock should not be a problem so we can fit the oem caps on later if wanted. He corrected me that the rim had to be 20% different from the original, not the 10% that I thought, but this 20% could be reached by changing just the design of the barrel and not the face of the rim.

My friend is a very busy guy so I do not expect him to do the research in just a few days... might take a couple weeks to hear back from him.

Update...
I'm in for 17x8 18 x10 in gunmetal
I agree with Lud! If this does happen i'd like to purchase a set to just have. Thanks!! When time comes.

1. nicholas421
2. Rjwong
3. grtahoang
4. cl65captain
5. POWERED by HONDA
8. jpangeles
10. TURBO2GO
11. Nukem
14. RYU
22. Avaspapa
23. NSXRAY1
25. Peter D
26. syngery004 (dependent on credentials/verification)

2) I am not asking anyone to pay for anything nor put down a deposit. I am simply asking people who might be interested before I invest in making this happen. And no, I will not have people purchase it direct from the manufacturer because there is money to be made here and its through my contact and idea that this will come to life.

Perhaps we are just confused on terminology.

You originally stated that you knew the owner of a pretty big wheel brand who would be able to design a replica wheel as long as there was a commitment to purchase a certain number of units. To me that brings to mind a company that makes wheels. That is why I used the word manufacturer.

In your message above, it sounds like your friend actually owns a wheel design and marketing company that outsources manufacturing, and he is the one talking to the manufacturer. So in that case I don't care about the actual manufacturer (casting company).

1) I do not want to disclose the name because then what is stopping someone else from contacting them and stealing my idea.

I have no idea how you envision someone cutting you out of a deal you have worked out with your friend. If you are referring to the outsource manufacturer, that is a commodity business and anyone with money and a CAD drawing can look up dozens of factories in China where they can get wheels made if they front some money.

3) Once everything is researched and developed I will have a sample set to show and test before selling to anyone. My friends shop will have exclusive selling rights from this manufacturer and THEN and only then will I release the name of who is making them. THE SALE AND SHIPMENT WILL GO THROUGH A LEGIT SHOP THAT IS ESTABLISHED, IT WILL NOT BE SOLD BY ME.

OK. It is confusing because you created a vendor page for yourself, which gave the impression that you intended to handle the sales. That is what concerned me, because I'm not going to have a deal like this run that way. If your actual plan was to run it through your friend's existing wheel company, great, I'll just need the info on his company before you/he start taking money, and he will need a vendor page here.

4) Your concerns remind me about a very good movie, "Blow", where Johnny Depp had kept being asked who his California contact was. Once he gave out his contacts name he got screwed and cut out of his own business.

My concerns are about reasonable transparency and clarity when there are 5-figure sums of money being floated around to what appear to be brand new or secret vendors. You have been a member on here long enough to know that there is some reason for such situations to get a little extra attention and request for clarification.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back