• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

interior trim help and advice needed please....

Hi All, two questions I was hoping someone could help me with....

1) slight vinyl door panel separation from vent on top of passenger side door....see pic..... what is the best way to address this?

2) what is the part # for the plastic rail shown in my second pic? it's scuffed to the point that my OCD has me investigating replacement with an OEM part if available. is it an easy part to remove and replace?

thank you in advance, much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_4144.jpg
    IMG_4144.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_4146.jpg
    IMG_4146.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 117
Hi All, two questions I was hoping someone could help me with....

1) slight vinyl door panel separation from vent on top of passenger side door....see pic..... what is the best way to address this?

2) what is the part # for the plastic rail shown in my second pic? it's scuffed to the point that my OCD has me investigating replacement with an OEM part if available. is it an easy part to remove and replace?

thank you in advance, much appreciated!

1) Maybe remove the door panel, pop out the air vent and see if you can pull the vinyl back into the depression and glue it?

2) Part Number 83162-SL0-A00ZA, it's fairly easy to remove and replace but does require removing several pieces first but nothing is terribly complicated.

1. consider a new putty knife to force the covering back under the vent. The only real fix is to pop out the vent and glue it back...super glue will work, but you have to be very careful with application and only apply to the very edge that is hidden by the vent.

2. Try a heat gun. You can also smooth it down with sand paper and possibly sandblast it after it is smooth. The best solution is to replace, but that is a common scuff area so consider wrapping in with some sort of thin stainless sheeting.

You could wrap it with Alcantara. Common scuff area on many cars, my Porsche. PM me if you want, I have spare.

vent

thanks guys, much appreciated. does anyone know if that vent on the top of the door just pops out on it's own? or does the door panel need to be removed first to get at a clip or fastener? thx!

Back