• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Iraq video

Iraq Video and the rest

:frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: has seen the blood of his own brothers...

Sergeant Coggins, and others in the military, whether active or not -- I don't think ANYONE is ungrateful for your service to your country and for putting your lives on the line. War is horrific -- most people know that, particularly those who have served in the military or been in the middle of one. Not everyone will agree with the foreign policies of the US, but that does not mean that they do not appreciate the fact that you're risking your lives there on a daily basis. Best wishes to you on a safe return.

Viper Driver and Eric,
I find it humorous that both of you are guessing at what would have happened in Nazi Germany, had sanctions been used instead of war, and are ripping the other's point of view, yet both of you are completely speculating on an outcome that we will never know.

There are many things that could have been done, well before Hitler ever came to power, but we just don't know, do we?

Arshad said:
Sergeant Coggins, and others in the military, whether active or not -- I don't think ANYONE is ungrateful for your service to your country and for putting your lives on the line. War is horrific -- most people know that, particularly those who have served in the military or been in the middle of one. Not everyone will agree with the foreign policies of the US, but that does not mean that they do not appreciate the fact that you're risking your lives there on a daily basis. Best wishes to you on a safe return.
Well said, Arshad.

Disagreeing with your government's foreign policies is not related to being grateful to and having respect for our military personnel, no matter how hard some people try to tie them together.

At the same time, being in the military does not give you the right to talk down to others who don't share your views on a topic, such as the war in Iraq. Just because you are involved in the action, doesn't mean you have a better perspective on the big picture.

nkb said:
Viper Driver and Eric,
There are many things that could have been done, well before Hitler ever came to power, but we just don't know, do we?

You're absolutely right. I was offering a counterpoint to Eric's seemingly loony assertion that we could have prevented it. It's easy to be an armchair quarterback and look back on history. It's even easier to be a revisionist and discard all that doesn't fit in with your own views.

nkb said:
Well said, Arshad.

Disagreeing with your government's foreign policies is not related to being grateful to and having respect for our military personnel, no matter how hard some people try to tie them together.

Agreed.

Conversely, it doesn't give someone who makes a false assertion about things a reprieve from criticism or correction. There are plenty of us in the military who are able to think for ourselves and do not 100% blindly follow the policies of the current adminstration.

Just because you are involved in the action, doesn't mean you have a better perspective on the big picture.

I'll disagree with this. I'll listen to a soldier who's "been there" any day over an agenda-and-ratings-driven news reporter or an internet armchair quarterback. In this age of information, we in the military have just as much access to the media as you do, often while on the battlefield itself. In addition to that, our troops get up close and personal and see 100 times more things than the camera brings into your living room. As for the big picture, it's imperative that our troops know what the overall plan and happenings are, so they know precisely where they fit into it all.

viper driver is right

Viper Driver says it best, we soldiers see 10X more then what FOX, CNN or anyone brings to your living room television. They want the No. 1 rated news and ratings. I'm not a big politic nut or anything like that by no means. But to be honest this seems to be a big fight when whats funny is we all at least share one thing in common..we drive the best damn car in the world the NSX!(well except viper driver maybe...lol) So lets drop it and agree to disagree. But what you don't see is hundreds(literally counted 457 one day that personally thanked me) of iraqi citizens thanking us on a daily basis, yeah though there are some that would pick up an RPG an launch it at me in a heartbeat, but for everyone of those there are 100 that feel the opposite. WAR sucks and freedom is not free, but thats why you can sleep at night and criticise what I(or what the United States President orders us) do in the morning over your coffee and donuts while I clean one of my soldiers or iraqi's blood off my uniform in a foot pump recycled water sink, or turn a stick to burn the waste(human shit) in a steel barrell(no matter what rank you are, you get a turn at that) or your soo tired,scared, and paranoid and on guard duty and you start thinking you see things that aren't really there. So yeah it makes me a lil upset that people are fighting over this...its already happened so get over it and know that at least in your country the government won't kill you for having your own opinion or beliefs on any given day. Or because maybe one of saddam's men like your daughter's looks and what they see, and before you know it 3 or more men with automatic weapons are knocking on your door for your daughter to go "service" her country when really 9-10 iraqi saddam regime men are gang banging her. Guess you'll appreciate that one dorky guy knocking on your front door with his parents mini-van sitting outside the next time he comes over for all you with daughter's dating out there. This is a small taste of some of the AWEFUL tings saddam did to his people. I have read classified reports and have personally SEEN much worse things happen and listen to the stories the iraqi's tell us about what they're government has done to them. Let me stop bantering now, because the more I think about it, people whining and complaining it makes me sick. Don't eat enough as is out here, so I damn sure don't want to throw it up thinking of some of those liberal pigs back home. Thanks to all those that support us.

PS-Anyone wanna treat me to a Starbucks frappaciono when I get back...lol I'd kill for one...okay maybe a bad metaphor to use sorry.

Re: viper driver is right

bcmdjune30 said:
But what you don't see is hundreds(literally counted 457 one day that personally thanked me) of iraqi citizens thanking us on a daily basis

Like you said, 'feedom is not free'...... and those 457 persons a day understand that more than anyone.

Ok, I have gotten tired of this post. I guess people can believe what they want to believe. But one day I hope the media reports what has really gone over there instead of just the things that they think will get them more ratings. I am very proud of what I have accomplished over there and I even more proud to go back with some of the best guys I have ever met in my platoon. The bond we have is somethign I wish everyone could experiance at least once in there life. We call eachother brothers and it is beacuse we would do anything for anyone of us without thinking twice. Well I am getting off topic but yeah. I have come to the conclusion that I know what has gone on and what is going on and if someone doesn't want to listen to it and accept that not everything in the government is out to get everyone else, well then so be it.

Nick

Brandon,
I don't think anyone will argue with you that the end result of Saddam Hussein being out of power is a good thing, not even the "liberal pigs" (nice attitude towards some of your fellow contrymen that happen to disagree with you, by the way).

Where the arguments usually start is how we went about achieving this end result, and whether it was the best way to do it.

I have the utmost respect for the sacrifices that soldiers make, especially when they are told to go to war. But, once again, disagreeing with the government's decision to go to war is not the same as disrespecting the armed forces, when they follow the politicians' orders.

Back