• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

I's Impact Gauge Mount and HVAC Vent Connection

I have the I's Impact Gauge mount above the center panel in my 1991 NSX. The air from my HVAC isn't blowing out too hard because I don't have the OEM DUct piece that connects it. My car had the NavPod when I bought it, but I switched to the I's impact because I wanted to use the gauges after I went turbo.

So now I'm trying to get my AC to blow as best as possible. Does anyone have any experience or suggestion on getting the AC to blow out of this? Do I need to original length DUCT or the the shorter DUCT that you use with the Navigation Pod Display?

One of the issues is also that the wires connecting my gauges to my engine sensors are at their maximum length, so I'm probably going to have to extend these wires by just adding more length to them.

Any help on forcing the AC air out of this as much as possible would be appreciated. I live in Hawaii and it is almost always hot here.
I was also thinking about trying to block off the entire center air flow and force the air out of the doors alone if I can't stop it from just "dissipating" behind my stereo/center console area like it is right now.

Here is a picture of my gauge mount
View attachment 159579

This is a photo of the ac DUCT part I am not too sure if I need the original length, or the shorter length you buy when you get the NAVPod display. Also, do I need the clips? Thanks!
View attachment 159580

I'd just try to block it off with some duct tape or something. No point in having a duct if there's no opening. Once blocked off, and assuming no other issues, the air should blow stronger out the remaining vents.

Was the air blowing out fine prior to this gauge pod install?

Last edited:
I'd just try to block it off with some duct tape or something. No point in having a duct if there's no opening. Once blocked off, and assuming no other issues, the air should blow stronger out the remaining vents.

Was the air blowing out fine prior to this gauge pod install?
It's been so long since the AC worked I honestly don't remember. I recently fixed the AC except I need a new condenser fan for it, but I'm trying to get the rest of the kinks worked out while I'm waiting on the condenser fan motor.
It does blow some out of the center now, but is definitely weak air flow. My friend has a 1991 with a working AC system and it is awesome, so I know it has potential

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back