• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is it my clutch?

hello,

i just purchased a 1993 nsx, well when i take off 1st -4th gear if i take off normal(meaning taking off easy) the car shift at good rpm, now if im driving at 2000-2500rpm and i accelerate hard it seems the rpms rev high and it doesn't pick up speed.
if i rev it up normal it drives fine. does this mean my clutch is slipping or can it possibly be something else? please help

That's funny, my car is experiencing the same symptoms as we speak. I almost certain it's a clutch issue. I'll be looking for a new one. Any suggestions besides OEM? I wouldn't drive it, might get stranded.

Sounds like a clutch! Did you test drive the car before you bought it?

What else didn't they tell you? :mad:

Yup, its the clutch slipping. You might notice the smell afterwards. You can still drive it, just try not to make it slip untill you get it fixed.

Hey sounds like your clutch is going dude. The slipping is the first indication.

Hope someone can help. I have a 1992 NSX GRUPPE M SC. I seem to be changing clutches every summer and I have no idea what the problem is. I have tries twin disc (2 Comptech and 2 exedy) and a single disc carbon exedy. I have changed the slave and master, has anyone been experiencing similar issues? anyone have suggestions? is it the SC?

When we take the clutch off the flywheel is blue since there is so much friction! how could I start to address this issue??

Hey sounds like your clutch is going dude. The slipping is the first indication.

Hope someone can help. I have a 1992 NSX GRUPPE M SC. I seem to be changing clutches every summer and I have no idea what the problem is. I have tries twin disc (2 Comptech and 2 exedy) and a single disc carbon exedy. I have changed the slave and master, has anyone been experiencing similar issues? anyone have suggestions? is it the SC?

When we take the clutch off the flywheel is blue since there is so much friction! how could I start to address this issue??

When you let the clutch out, you should do so quickly and let the car sort of lurch forward (without killing the engine of course) so the amount of clutch disk consumed is minimized. Don't let it out slowly and smoothly because it wears it out faster.

Try the RPS.

Back