• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Is the word "Japland" Offensive

Are you offended by the word "Japland"

• You hurt my family

Votes: 25 52.1%
  • What does it mean

Votes: 23 47.9%

• Total voters
Wow! I have read through this and I can't believe some of the posts!!!

I am normally not very P.C. but I very much do care about others feelings. I am a white "Cracker" and luckily have never been in a situation where I have been persecuted. I agree that there aren't any real derogatory terms for white people, i think if there where maybe more of "us" would understand how not to insult others.

IMHO "Japland" is offensive to a lot of people and shouldn't be used in a post or in a conversation. If someone used this in a conversation that I was in, I would state this immediately and wouldn't want to hear anything that person had to say in the future if they didn't see it was wrong.

I also think the OP who used the idiotic selections in the poll is trying to trivialize the topic and doesn't have any clue how offensive this term is to some people.

I also wouldn't support anyone who had an event called "Japfest", I hadn't heard of this event previously and I certainly wouldn't attend or buy anything from any of the vendors.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is the end of the world, but it isn't right to use derogatory slang in conversation or in posting. I don't think it is anywhere near as bad as physically hurting someone, but that doesn't make it any better.

It seems common sense is anything but common.

I visit Tokyo a couple of times a year and I would love to see the original poster to use that term in the lunch room at a few of the companies that I visit! Actually the people that I have met in Japan are so nice I don't think they would be too bothered by the ignorant statement.

Last edited:
maybe you still don't get it

Maybe you dont get it. Maybe you should sell your nsx since you dont respect who built it. But then again, maybe you dont even own one and thats what i believe. If someone japanese offended you or someone in your family, then im sure the nsx is not the car for you. Do you hate it while you drive it? Is it from japland? You sir need to go drive a ford and get lost. I can see thru your retarted scarcasm and the need to stir the pot........silly ricer boy. Go do every one a favor and grow up and then post. (JUST NOT ON PRIME) Im pretty sure alot of stupid $hit is tolerated here but comments or questions like yours should be banned. YOU ARE A TOOL AND THE WORLD SUFFERS THE SAME PAST AND HISTORY BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE BORN. let me know if i need to make this clearer for you.

Last edited:
Dang, we all need to back down a bit. I've met the OP, he's a good guy, he's an NSX owner. Chill a bit and realize that not everyone has the same perspective. Yeah, the poll is more than a little tilted, but no need to flame.

Maybe you dont get it. Maybe you should sell your nsx since you dont respect who built it. But then again, maybe you dont even own one and thats what i believe. If someone japanese offended you or someone in your family, then im sure the nsx is not the car for you. Do you hate it while you drive it? Is it from japland? You sir need to go drive a ford and get lost. I can see thru your retarted scarcasm and the need to stir the pot........silly ricer boy. Go do every one a favor and grow up and then post. (JUST NOT ON PRIME) Im pretty sure alot of stupid $hit is tolerated here but comments or questions like yours should be banned. YOU ARE A TOOL AND THE WORLD SUFFERS THE SAME PAST AND HISTORY BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE BORN. let me know if i need to make this clearer for you.

Those are some strong words from an idiot. You want me to sell my NSX and drive a FORD? What does that imply? You think I'm some white racist and only white "crackers" should drive Fords? None of my post I have said I have any hatred towards any other race. Just like many of the holy rollers believe, I myself am sticking up for someone. You feel you are sticking up for Japanese people you don't know.. I am sticking up for the original poster that got bashed for posting the word "japland". She did not use it in a racial manner. Maybe you need to get out and travel and learn some culture. In no way did I use the word "jap", or even questioned it's offensiveness. Growing up in America, people know that word is offensive. Shoot I think the word Iraqi is offensive, but it is used everyday by the American people. You calling me a tool on the internet does nothing. It only shows your immaturity level. I'm glad it gets you so angry. :tongue:

What about when my black friends say "What up nigger" and I am white? It's all how well you know each other I think, at that point you know if you have respect or not. Would I go upto someone I don't know and tell them I got back from Japland? Nope, so posting here is like walking upto someone you don't know. To be honest I really could care less what anyone says about me IF they know me.

The problem is that most people don't see it unless its there race or country.
I agree that this sometimes happens, with some groups of people. However, that is not what is happening in this particular topic. Most of those posting find the term offensive. Furthermore, I've met a lot of those posting, and I can tell you that most of them, even the ones objecting to the term, are not of Japanese ancestry.

Not too long ago I went to a restaurant with a group of friends. They are good people of Hispanic or Latino ethnicity. I am Asian and I have friends from many different countries. I sat down next to a rowdy bunch of people who decided to tell each other racist jokes that were geared towards Latinos. I could not help but noticed my friend’s sad reaction, especially his girlfriends. She nearly broke down in tears. I don’t condone any sort of attitude that has the remote possibility of hurting anyone. Especially not in public places. I consider NSX Prime a public place, and even though the comments might not hurt you personally, it might hurt others. To not care that this could happen really shows how selfish some can really be….

Wow! I have read through this and I can't believe some of the posts!!!

I am normally not very P.C. but I very much do care about others feelings. I am a white "Cracker" and luckily have never been in a situation where I have been persecuted. I agree that there aren't any real derogatory terms for white people, i think if there where maybe more of "us" would understand how not to insult others.

IMHO "Japland" is offensive to a lot of people and shouldn't be used in a post or in a conversation. If someone used this in a conversation that I was in, I would state this immediately and wouldn't want to hear anything that person had to say in the future if they didn't see it was wrong.

I also think the OP who used the idiotic selections in the poll is trying to trivialize the topic and doesn't have any clue how offensive this term is to some people.

I also wouldn't support anyone who had an event called "Japfest", I hadn't heard of this event previously and I certainly wouldn't attend or buy anything from any of the vendors.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is the end of the world, but it isn't right to use derogatory slang in conversation or in posting. I don't think it is anywhere near as bad as physically hurting someone, but that doesn't make it any better.

It seems common sense is anything but common.

I visit Tokyo a couple of times a year and I would love to see the original poster to use that term in the lunch room at a few of the companies that I visit! Actually the people that I have met in Japan are so nice I don't think they would be too bothered by the ignorant statement.

:smile:

Thank you so much for you coherent, logical and tactful post.

I wanted to quote you because some may have misconstrued my attitude as being antagonistic towards Caucasians--nothing could be further from the truth. There are LOTS of great white people out there who can be tactful, and I think you epitomize them.

Thanks again. This was really an inspiring post.

BTW: I can see from your garage that you are probably more educated than most. It shows...

Last edited:
Back