• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

It's my turn to try out a turbo'd car for the first time

I've hated the M6 since I got it so I've been looking for something else to drive. I didn't want to go the suv route for a daily and no boring Lexus for me. So, I narrowed down the cars to either a used 997 turbo or a GT-R. Based on what I've read and seen, I really wanted a 997.2 (2010 model) turbo since Porsche made some changes to make it even faster. But since a new turbo would be out of my price range, I chose to go with a brand new GT-R.

Here she was in the showroom
IMG00038-20100526-1046.jpg

And then in the garage last night (hard to see)
IMG00040-20100527-2131.jpg

I now just have to do my best to avoid seeing DrVolkl's thread.

Congrats Matt. Looks nice.

Congrats, Im jealous. Now the real question is how long that slow acura will remain it's stable mate?:biggrin:

Matt just curious why you hated the M6?

How does one "hate" a $120,000 500 HP car? LOL...

You had a budget, and had to go with the GTR. Wow, what a miserable life. :tongue: Btw, when do I get a ride you spoiled bastard!

Matt just curious why you hated the M6?

How does one "hate" a $120,000 500 HP car? LOL...

He said it felt loose and floated. Also mentioned replacing numerous suspension bushings with no resolution.

Wow....nice looking in black. Keep her clean!

Congrats on the buy....you bought one of the best cars on the market. The GT-R will pretty much kill anything on the street and track. Don't care for the front end too much, but I heard theres some people coming out with a new front bumper bringing back the older GT-R(big mouth aggressive look) to it.

Hey Dave

Before I had the M6, I was driving an M5. I loved that car but the warranty was expiring. The M6 didn't feel right to me. I had the bushings replaced on the control arms and it still didn't feel as planted as the M5.

Although I'm starting to hate black (my BMW's were always black), I had to get black for this car. Like ediddy mentioned, I didn't care for the looks of the front either, but black hides it ok enough.

I'm going through break in right now and in automatic mode along with no more than half throttle (car is shifting at 2k rpms in each gear) and it still has some oomph. I can't wait til break in is finished so I can get on it and also take it to the track.

Mike,

The plan is to keep the NSX for sure but I'm thinking of converting her to my daily driving duties.

Congrats on the purchase, when will you be shipping it to Jotech? :biggrin:

I'll just leave this here....

My neighbor has a bolt-on GT-R, they are an amazing car!

logic(al) boost!

Holy moley, interesting acquisition! Def' a helluva performer you got there, congratz' on the acquisition... :cool:

Hey Dave

Before I had the M6, I was driving an M5. I loved that car but the warranty was expiring. The M6 didn't feel right to me. I had the bushings replaced on the control arms and it still didn't feel as planted as the M5.

Although I'm starting to hate black (my BMW's were always black), I had to get black for this car. Like ediddy mentioned, I didn't care for the looks of the front either, but black hides it ok enough.

I'm going through break in right now and in automatic mode along with no more than half throttle (car is shifting at 2k rpms in each gear) and it still has some oomph. I can't wait til break in is finished so I can get on it and also take it to the track.

Mike,

The plan is to keep the NSX for sure but I'm thinking of converting her to my daily driving duties.

Matt what kept me from buying a black 2010 was that you lose the warranty if not serviced to THEIR shedule. Their schedule, is BS. Rotor replacement with brake pad replacement to the tune of 7K. I mean the maintenance... it was like buying a Ferrari. Plus tracking it was questionable with the warranty. I did like the car, a lot. I do remmeber the thing would go into 6th gear even at like 1800 RPM's. Its crazy how it hunted for the higher gear constantly.

Yours is exactly like the one I was considering. If I could keep the NSX too, I'd have done exactly what you did.

Thats weird about the M6. I was about to help my brother in-law buy one. Do you think they all feel that way or that something was wrong with yours?

Great preforming car for the price. I like them but I would have to do some body mods here and there

Congrats Matt! GT-R's are such cool cars.

Here in Dubai there are a ton of modded ones prowling around and from what I've witnessed at the track there's not a lot of offerings that can match them.

Am I the only one that sees a resemblence between Matt's car and his dog? LOL...

IMG00038-20100526-1046.jpg

IMG00002-20100510-18181.jpg

Last edited:
Jealousy! That is just beautiful in black.

Hijack!

Any of you Houston guys going to Cars and Coffee next Saturday? I only ask because I am coming to town and taking the NSX. This will be my first Houston C&C, looking forward to seeing some exotica- and if possible i'd like to bum a ride in a GTR to see what it is like.

Phil

Jealousy! That is just beautiful in black.

Hijack!

Any of you Houston guys going to Cars and Coffee next Saturday? I only ask because I am coming to town and taking the NSX. This will be my first Houston C&C, looking forward to seeing some exotica- and if possible i'd like to bum a ride in a GTR to see what it is like.

Phil

When and where is it? I have to drop my wife and kids off at the airport at O-dark-hundred and will have at least six hours before I have to pick someone else up at the Houston airport. I'd like to show up to C&C if I knew the details.

Beautiful!

Houston Coffee and Cars:
Saturday June 5, 2010 from 8am until 10am. Uptown park
1151 Uptown Park
Houston, TX 77056

I may be there, but unfortunately no more sports car =(. Will be there in my Benz. Hope to see some of you on Sat!

Back