• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

JDM Tailights

Please post any rear photos of NSX with JDM smoked-tinted tailights..Black NSX would be great,but any color will do...thks Brent :biggrin:

It's the one behind the ugly orange car in this picture:

9919DCP_0405-med.jpg

That one really shows the contrast of JDM vs OEM US.

02+ with JDM.

9919valence-07.JPG

I like your car Peter, what mods are on it? Looks quite low? Are they Mugen wheels as i've seen them on a NSX Type R (NA1)?

-Rob

this one is red

mypic106

robfenn said:
I like your car Peter, what mods are on it? Looks quite low? Are they Mugen wheels as i've seen them on a NSX Type R (NA1)?

-Rob

I'm still surprised that so many NSX owners don't know this, but the wheels on Peter's car are the stock 1st generation NSX-R Enkei wheels. Definitely one of my favorite stock Honda wheels.

Somewhere down the road I would like to put the dark JDM tails on my white NSX....any pics of a white one?

Honda F1 Racing said:
I'm still surprised that so many NSX owners don't know this, but the wheels on Peter's car are the stock 1st generation NSX-R Enkei wheels. Definitely one of my favorite stock Honda wheels.

Looks too much like the s2000 wheels painted white with red ! :tongue:

Attachments

• 7e_1_b.jpg
    7e_1_b.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 941
BESTOUCH said:
Looks too much like the s2000 wheels painted white with red ! :tongue:

A little off-topic but I think they look different.

cpbALY63817U1026.JPG

4898nsxrwheel001-med.jpg

Malibu Rapper said:
02+ with JDM.
9919valence-07.JPG
Is that really an 02 with 02 JDM lights?? I thought all 02+ lights, both JDM and US, had the orange oval on the lights? Can someone please shed some light on this?

NSXRtails.jpg

120.jpg

02+ JDM tails still have the oval turn signals, just the entire lens is darker (like a dark purple like color, compared to a red/burgendy color of the US lens cover)

Newman said:
02+ JDM tails still have the oval turn signals, just the entire lens is darker (like a dark purple like color, compared to a red/burgendy color of the US lens cover)
uh...i think i understood that!? on your early car (1991), i see the early JDM darker lens. however, i'd like to see a 2002+ JDM lens (with ovals). does anyone have a photo of 2002+ JDM. the reason i ask is that i bought a set of the 02+ 3 JDM lens kit and it is exactly the same to my current US spec lens. no diff, not even the part numbers are different. so, either the 02+ stuff is exactly the same on the US and JDM cars. or, i got sent a US spec lens kit when i asked for a JDM kit. photos of the RHD 2002+ JDM would be great. thanks.

Here's the Japanese market NSX tail lamps by year (by US sales year):
1991-2001 (NSX, NSX-T, NSX-S): dark tail light with amber blinker, Honda "H" is dark metallic foil wrapped emblem inside lens
1993-1996 (NSX-R): dark tail light with amber blinker, Honda "H" is black decal inside lens (weight savings?)
2002-2005 (NSX, NSX-R, NSX-S): all three lenses are the same color as the US spec lenses used on all years of the US NSX. The left and right tail light is the same as US spec (same red, same oval orange blinker). Honda "H" is metallic foil wrapped plastic emblem located on outsdide of lens. H is now rounder / larger than prior years.
2002-2005 (NSX-R): same as regular NSX except H emblem is replaced with red-filled emblem.

You can find more photos here:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ducts/NSX/headlights_taillights_foglights.asp

My favorites are these:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Honda_rear_tail_lamps/rear[1].jpg

take care,
-- Chris

Newman said:
NSXRtails.jpg

Looks like your HKS exhaust pipes are not centered correctly. I had 02 valance installed and the right tip was touching.

Chris@SoS said:
2002-2005 (NSX, NSX-R, NSX-S): all three lenses are the same color as the US spec lenses used on all years of the US NSX. The left and right tail light is the same as US spec (same red, same oval orange blinker). Honda "H" is metallic foil wrapped plastic emblem located on outsdide of lens. H is now rounder / larger than prior years.
2002-2005 (NSX-R): same as regular NSX except H emblem is replaced with red-filled emblem.
Chris, finally this makes sense. Thanks. My answer is that I need not have bought a "JDM" or even "Type-R" lens kit to upgrade my US spec 2002 to a 2002 JDM spec light kit. There is no difference. I could just have bought the Red-filled "H" and fixed it in place of the US spec "A" on my existing center lens. Voila...Type-R lights.

Chris@SoS said:
Here's the Japanese market NSX tail lamps by year (by US sales year):
1991-2001 (NSX, NSX-T, NSX-S): dark tail light with amber blinker, Honda "H" is dark metallic foil wrapped emblem inside lens

I don't know if they really are 'foil wrapped emblems' inside of the lens. When I took a set apart so that I could remove any emblem in there, I found that the logo is actually etched/engraved into the plastic so there's no way of getting it out unless you have lots of time & patience and clean out the black paint first, and then remove the foil underneath it. Here are some pics of the JDM lens that I took apart.

Engrave1.jpg

Engrave2.jpg

Engrave2.jpg

Logo.jpg

Instead of using that piece, I used a US piece and removed the ACURA sticker and used a combo of smoke & dark cherry transparent tint spray, since the JDM lens color is actually a darker purple look.

Jin1976 said:
Looks like your HKS exhaust pipes are not centered correctly. I had 02 valance installed and the right tip was touching.

Don't know why it looks like that in the pic. I know that the HKS exhauasts don't line up straight period, but I actually took mine off and bent the hangers to straigten it up so it actually looks level & straight on my car now. But with an 02+ rear valance, you need to heat up the piping with a torch (carefully) or cut & weld the piping to realign it for better clearance. A friend of mine had to do that with his.

IMO, Red and orange is the two color that the darker light should come in stock.
Esp. red, since I have one :) The problem with Red lights and red rear end, especially with the red valance, under direct sun light, or with Flash light. The rear become a big chunck of Red Square... (no contrast) I can't remember how many otherwise perfect pics. I took got deleted, just for that reason.

Back