• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jinks engine build thread

Been following this thread. That first running video made my heart sing for you. I'm sure you can't wait until your precious is back in your hands again.

AWESOME......and congrats [MENTION=31260]Jinks[/MENTION] !

Been following this thread. That first running video made my heart sing for you. I'm sure you can't wait until your precious is back in your hands again.

AWESOME......and congrats @Jinks !

Yes it will be, Thanks. Last night I was slapped with reality though. Or the “bill” you might say.:eek: There is over 4 pages long list of parts and upgrades on this car now. From intake to driveshaft was upgraded.

Sounds beautiful! That torque curve looks perfect for the street.

I love the Taitec exhaust. It does make me feel bad to drive it during quiet hours, even with the silencers on.

Glad you are closer to getting it back though. Hopefully the cold weather hasn't hit you guys like it hit us up here in the NE.

The latest pics. I also learned how to counteract the sideways pics by viewing them on my iPad and taking a screenshot.
B096DCA9-ACD7-4A06-B1B9-EDE8B7666F32.jpg
73027850-4DDA-48B1-8C9E-9B2D76DABA47.jpg

That little rusted throttle body nut is bugging me. Might have to order a new one.

Sounds beautiful! That torque curve looks perfect for the street.

I love the Taitec exhaust. It does make me feel bad to drive it during quiet hours, even with the silencers on.

Glad you are closer to getting it back though. Hopefully the cold weather hasn't hit you guys like it hit us up here in the NE.
Thanks man. Yeah, I really miss my taitec exhaust. But then, I kinda don’t. Lol

what's the casted logo say on top of the blower? (my neck hurts enough lol)
Bad mother fucker....
nah, it says whipple.
When the car gets home, I have the gauge art and sos screen to mount to monitor all engine vitals.

The car gets picked up tomorrow. I cannot wait. I had Shad do a ride adjustment and set the rake,followed by a race spec alignment. He says it drives like a dream. I do have to fix a small scratch on the fender when it gets back too, along with installing the gauge art and sos lcd display.

Enjoy it! I've been wanting a gauge-art for a long time now. It's my only option since I am on AEM Series 1. AEM has a nice gauge cluster called CD-7 which works with your series 2... but it's a good chunk of money. If I ever needed a retune I would probably just upgrade my AEM and go with that.

Any other engine bay jewelry on the way? It has a lot of potential there.

And yeah I feel you on the rusted bolt. My BBSC has some rusted bolts which really bug me. I am tempted to just spray paint them black.

Looks like she’ll be sharing a room with a Camaro and a 911 Turbo for a week.
142A3C60-39A9-43E2-9381-5704BDDC193D.jpg
8B402038-3C0F-48F2-850F-E88AFCEE150C.jpg
ACEE6C89-F105-4746-9596-C38322CC5889.jpg
766551D6-63C5-47D5-BDEF-E96DB15C2127.jpg

Enjoy it! I've been wanting a gauge-art for a long time now. It's my only option since I am on AEM Series 1. AEM has a nice gauge cluster called CD-7 which works with your series 2... but it's a good chunk of money. If I ever needed a retune I would probably just upgrade my AEM and go with that.

Any other engine bay jewelry on the way? It has a lot of potential there.

And yeah I feel you on the rusted bolt. My BBSC has some rusted bolts which really bug me. I am tempted to just spray paint them black.
I’d like to eventually do a carbon fiber air box. But the current price has me like, yeah whatever. Why?

FYI, the sos lcd screen and bezel is extremely well built. You also have an included cable to hook up your back up camera.

Make sure to send me a request to join the South Florida NSX Owners group on FB. If you're lucky you may get a chance to see RJ's car before the next solar eclipse.

Make sure to send me a request to join the South Florida NSX Owners group on FB. If you're lucky you may get a chance to see RJ's car before the next solar eclipse.
Thanks Doc. I will look for the group.

Back