• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Jump starting CTSC?

OK... Im stumped. My latest NSX had CTSC installed by previous owner... I just went to put the battery tender on for the winter (sad day) and I discovered that things dont quite look like what Im used to.

Positive is right where it should be in the fuse box, but negative is a no-go. The throttle body looks different from what I remember and, for the life of me, nothing is jumping out as "this spot is grounded - connect here"

Can anyone point me in the right direction (maybe even with a photo?)

Thanks!!

Hi Mark,

You want to get a good connection to the engine block, throttle body, etc. You can pick a spot where the throttle body meets the blower housing, and allows the jumper cable to connect well.

If you need to, as an alternative, remove the spare, and the spare bracket and jump it using the battery terminals;).

HTH,
LarryB

With a CTSC, nothing should be different in the fusebox.
Why would you want to connect a batterytender to the fusebox? Just connect it directly to the battery (just put clamps on the terminals)

Thanks for the responses guys! Ill prob need to take better pics tomorrow when its light out, but I got the attached photo

The fuse box is fine. The throttle body looks different though and I dont see the negative attach point

I was avoiding connecting it to the battery b/c I had seen a lot of cautions about how tight space is down there, chance of shorting, etc. Plus, its way down low and looks back-ache intensive :)

Seemed like the engine bay would be really easy (and actually would have), but things don't look the way I remembered (I had to jump my 98 once or twice)

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 66
Back