• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

June 25th, 2011 - NJ/PA River Run

Ooops. Didn't mean to hijack this thread with a mention of Kid's Day. :biggrin: Anyway, my "definite maybe" is now "my check will soon be in the mail".

River Run has been a favorite club activity, and I know Chuck, Fernande and Don will keep up their standard of excellence.

Add us to the list we never miss a river run and Nancy better be riding shotgun in the Banana Boat :cool:

Hijack here please..... Bring your checks to the Michelle Offsie Memorial Walk4Pink in Edison this weekend and you can give them to TheDon at the event and write another one out for a good cause.

Last edited:
Add us to the list we never miss a river run and Nancy better be riding shotgun in the Banana Boat :cool:

Hijack here please..... Bring your checks to the Michelle Offsie Memorial Walk4Pink in Edison this weekend and you can give them to TheDon at the event and write another one out for a good cause.

The NSX will be making the River Run, it was too humiliating last year when the park ranger said "All cars not made in the USA had to go in the water", don't want to put you all through that again!!!

I am so sorry but I will not be able to attend this event.

A very close friend is having his 60th B'Day and I can't skip out on that. Sorry...:frown:

I am so sorry but I will not be able to attend this event.

A very close friend is having his 60th B'Day and I can't skip out on that. Sorry...:frown:
Damn, you know people even older than me!!! You will be missed!!!:eek:

Count me in. Had a great time with everyone at NSX Stock and am looking forward to this run as well.

Rats!!!! Caught between my granddaughter's party and River Run. So, cancel that "definite maybe". Its tough to back out of River Run - I even went last year as an "observer" with my wife driving because my arm was in a sling. But, grandkids' milestones win out.

See you there next year!

6/21/11 UPDATE: Due to the number of people attending, my granddaughter's school has limited attendance, and we got booted. River Run just seems like a good way to console my grief from such rude treatment. Jan & I will see you there!

Last edited:
Just a heads up folks..awesome event, perfect weather, no traffic. Let The Don know soon if your're attending as the Harvest Moon needs an accurate count early next week. Don't forget your name badges, a full tank of gas, club radios, etc. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Chuck

Just a heads up folks..awesome event, perfect weather, no traffic. Let The Don know soon if your're attending as the Harvest Moon needs an accurate count early next week. Don't forget your name badges, a full tank of gas, club radios, etc. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Chuck
Not to mention that the routes that Chuck selects make for a fantastic ride. Nancy and I look forward to riding your exhaust fumes yet again this year!!!!:eek:

Hi Folks,

Here is the official list as of Monday June 20. Thanks to all who send in their registration forms.

Popsicle
Mark B
Sergio B
RJD1022
Bruce99
Tonyd
Mike
SpeedJunkie
Larry G
Howard G
Chuck Morgan
Peter Mills
Passline
The Hawk
RPM217
Larry Bastanza
Gary S
Pooh
Thedon67
Ftuhy
RSO34
ClimberAO
Roadkilchef
Aaron94T

If your name isn't listed, ya aint' coming. :biggrin:

PM me if you are looking for special dispensation.

Looking forward to seeing everybody!
Don

Last edited:
Not to mention that the routes that Chuck selects make for a fantastic ride. Nancy and I look forward to riding your exhaust fumes yet again this year!!!!:eek:

Roger, Looking forward to smothering you with my intoxicating fumes.

Parts of the run may look familiar as I assembled the scenic parts of the past 4/5 runs. It takes alot of prep to put one together and we've been working on the NSXPO run. Hopefully next year will be all new and more exciting.:cool::cool:

Have fun guys my mom would kill me if I missed her bday celebration being held that day. Take lots of pics and b safe....happy motoring.

Mark B:eek:

unfortunately if the weather sucks tomorrow i won't be making it.

Why? Your car is made of aluminum so it won't rust and unless your tires are bald it runs great in the rain.

I used to have the same garage queen mentality and actually an NSX event cured me. We went to Canada for an NSXFest many years ago and left in a monsoon type downpour, my car was never driven in the wet in it's 6,000 mi life and here we are going hundreds of miles all in the rain. Well on the way up it was buckets of rain then it rained off and on for 3 days and we had the best time ever. No cars were damaged and my car still looks great today and has been driven in the rain since.

There is a great sight to be seen when NSXs run in the rain; it's an incredible rooster tail of water shooting out of the back. You can see the NSX from a vast distance because of this rooster tail phenomenon. It is a sight not to be missed and can only be seen when driving as a group in the rain.

Unfortunately I don't think there will be down pours of rain tomorrow to create the rooster tail, but maybe we will be lucky and we'll get to see that sight.

Just because of the slight chance to bring back those rooster tail sites I will now come to the event.:biggrin:

Don, I'm late but IN!!!!

See y'all there tomorrow,
Pray for rain,:eek:

Tytus

Latest forecast is for a nice day, there is a chance of late day showers (about 20%), but should pass north and west of the Westchester departure location, where we are going, it's going to be sunny and beautiful!!! So stop whining and make the ride, you'll have smiles and miles, roostertail or not!!!:wink:

Back