• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just bought a partial CTSC Kit and need advice please

Hello Everyone,

I've been kicking around the idea of turbo vs. supercharger for a while now. I just bought a partial CTSC Kit from John (scorp965) and would like to request your assistance on a few things.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/178479-CTSC-Partial-Kit-with-Autorotor-1-7L-Supercharger

Since the kit is partial, I figured I would ask those of you with the complete kit if there is anything I should upgrade while I am completing it (i.e. a better fuel pressure regulator, or fuel pump, etc.). I know I will need injectors, the manifold, etc., but was hoping that you all could provide a little feedback on what could be improved, if anything.

Also, do you all have any recommendations on exhaust and headers? The car is presently stock (engine wise) and I am curious which exhaust or headers have worked best for you. Also, if you have any other recommendations for upgrades based on your experience, I would appreciate hearing them.

I've got an HKS Camp 2 that I will be installing and am not sure if I should just run the AEM F/IC or the EMS. Need help on that one too please!

Thank you guys in advance for any assistance you can provide me.

Chris

BTW,

My wallet and my girlfriend are not liking John now. :tongue:

It all depends on your goals and how much fabrication you want to do.
you could just complete the kit and run it as a standard CTSC if that suites your needs.

Other wise you could modify it a run inter-cooling and perhaps a modified intake housing and run 70mm or bigger throttle.
That being said I could sell you the manifold and tb flange casting.

First of all figure out what you actually want to gain and have from the setup.

+1 ^ all depends on what you're goals are.

The Stock kit is good for all the stock parts of your car..manifold, injectors and exhaust. BUT you can't stay stock now sounds like. You have a 2005 car, so no need for headers, your injectors are good unless you go high boost. Switch your exhaust for a free flowing unit and clutch. You'll see maybe 340-360hp to the wheels for a 3.2. I would check with Nate at Comptech to make sure the electronics are set for your car and he could get the rest of the parts you need.

It all depends on your goals and how much fabrication you want to do.
you could just complete the kit and run it as a standard CTSC if that suites your needs.

Other wise you could modify it a run inter-cooling and perhaps a modified intake housing and run 70mm or bigger throttle.
That being said I could sell you the manifold and tb flange casting.

First of all figure out what you actually want to gain and have from the setup.

What do you have in mind? :) I would like more power, but also still want to stow the targa top int he factory location if at all possible. Can you PM your ideas and costs? Thank you for the help Adnan.

+1 ^ all depends on what you're goals are.

The Stock kit is good for all the stock parts of your car..manifold, injectors and exhaust. BUT you can't stay stock now sounds like. You have a 2005 car, so no need for headers, your injectors are good unless you go high boost. Switch your exhaust for a free flowing unit and clutch. You'll see maybe 340-360hp to the wheels for a 3.2. I would check with Nate at Comptech to make sure the electronics are set for your car and he could get the rest of the parts you need.

I sent Nate an email already. As far as goals, I would like to see the horsepower figures you posted, possible a little more. I'm not ready to commit to rebuilding the engine yet. I know 450-500 seems to be the magic number where stuff starts breaking. Pushing the envelop certainly sounds interesting. I thought about the intercooler offered by SOS, but do not really want to lose the factory engine cover. Putting the targa in the trunk worries me and I usually have the worst luck when it comes to things like that. I ideas are certainly welcome and I really appreciate the advice.

Can you itemize what parts you have? I'm not sure what "partial" kit means. It will help us figure out what more you need based on your goals.

The parts I have basically consist of the auto rotor, fuel pressure regulator, and a few other parts that I have no idea what they are. The link I put in the original post contains a picture of what is included. I have not seen it, nor will be able to see it for sometime as I am deployed in Afghanistan at the moment. As far as goals, I would like something around 360-380 hp at the wheels if at all possible.

I know that isn't much to go off of, but it is all the info I have.

Last edited:
I glanced and it looks like you will need:

550cc injectors (cuz we all know people get power hungry down the line for more)
upgraded fuel pump
make sure ur exhaust flows well so u don't have backpressure to increase ur dynamic pressures which may result in an engine build...

How do RDX injectors work on a stock motor with the low boost CTSC?
Well you'd need a separate ECU control system ether HKS style like Regan or AEM.
There are OEM based systems being developed but no one knows when they will be ready.

Now the RDX offer superior atomization versus traditional single and dual point large injector,
That alone makes for a better combustion and AFR since it's more equal.
Also RDX 12 point injectors are split in a 6 ports left and 6 ports right aimed at the valves.

Now I recall RDX being 380 or 410cc this off course does limit it's power potential, yet if you stay within the the cc to boost limits it's going to be a good working system.

The parts I have basically consist of the auto rotor, fuel pressure regulator, and a few other parts that I have no idea what they are. The link I put in the original post contains a picture of what is included. I have not seen it, nor will be able to see it for sometime as I am deployed in Afghanistan at the moment. As far as goals, I would like something around 360-380 hp at the wheels if at all possible.

I know that isn't much to go off of, but it is all the info I have.

Im running ID1000 and aftermarket fuel pump in my nsx with AEM v1. im making 380whp.

I would get the ID1000 when you do a build later you won't have to buy injectors.

Bryan

Thanks Everyone,

I appreciate all the feedback. So far, I am looking at 550cc injectors and a 255lph fuel pump. I came across Ken's post with his custom intake manifold/intercooler. This setup sounds awesome! Best part is that I would be able to keep the stock engine/targa cover. At this point, I am really thinking that a 2.3 charger would be a nice bump from the 1.7 while providing room to grow so to speak.

I think higher boost levels (i.e. outside of 5-6 psi) would require me building the bottom end. For now, I would like to hold off on that, but am certainly thinking down the road it would be a blast to upgrade to a 2.9 and boost the hell out of it. I am still on the fence regarding what exhaust to run. I know Pride is, or was working on a FI Exhaust, which will likely be my choice for exhaust.

Adnan (A.S. Motorsport), John (Scorp965), and Nate (CT-Engineering) have been great and I appreciate all the help. Any other ideas or feedback you guys have would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

Back