• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just bought my dream car.

New to the NSX scene but has been a long time dream car for myself. No stranger to the honda scene though so am fully prepared for ownership/maintaining a higher demand vehicle as this.

Currently my new daily driver sitting at 202K miles on the odometer :tongue:

Only have had it about a month so only small changes made so far, this is how she looked the day I brought her home.

DSCN0939.jpg

DSCN0929.jpg

DSCN0933.jpg

DSCN0935.jpg

DSCN0936.jpg

So far, I have: Removed the carbon roof cap overlay, painted the NSX-R wing and engine cover legitimate black fixing the rock chips and waves in the fiberglass, smoked the front corners (mostly to hide a rock chip), changed the side markers to candy red, replaced pads all around with hawk hp+ and upgraded front rotors.

Mostly just going through the car and getting it back to what it would be rolling off the show room floor. Plans are to replace all worn bushings/components, fix a few accessories, and do some minor cosmetic fixes to make the car look nearly brand new.

The paint is in mint condition which is awesome, will make adding aero components easier to paint match.

Upcoming upgrades:
Replace HKS intake w/ a BMC CDA connected to a downforce fender scoop
Replace sparco's with Recaro SRD's
Repace Iforged Flux with bronze Advan RZ's
Replace oem front lip with a fresh stocker or aftermarket but paint match
Proper license plate holder lol
Change the rear valence (undecided)

Hoping to get this stuff done by summer by then I will be able to call it my own since some of you may know this is a two time primer member car :rolleyes:

As she sits now :biggrin:
DSCN0942.jpg

DSCN0941.jpg

Feel free to post pictures :biggrin:

Ive been really on the fence of whether to change over to the concave look (my favorite) or stick with the dish (never been able to have before).

My initial choice was the RS-D to have best of both worlds but more I look at them more they seem cheap to me. Something about the fact that they just merely took a previous design and chucked a lip on it. Also the fact they have to curve the spoke a ton to get a decent lip.

RZ-DF in that black chrome would look amazing but not ready to sacrifice performance with a 18/19 combo.

I'll get pics up soon when the weather is better. I actually weighed the stock OEM 02+ wheels with tires and the 18/19 with tires. The fronts for both are at 38lbs, the rear for the OEM was at 44lbs and the RZ's at 46lbs. So I only gained about 4lbs total which isn't bad for wheels these size. We should meet up sometime and you can see for yourself. I'm in Seattle and Bellingham isn't to far away.

congratulations and welcome here ForceFed :smile:, which have summers the first impressions on the road as pilot of NSX? you can put pics of the engine?
good luck

Welcome and congrats!

So far I love the car, as a daily driver I dont feel its bad to drive at all. Compared to my caged/track setup Integra I daily drove before my S40 this thing is great. Nice compromise of power and handling, although supercharger/turbo will be in the works :wink:

So far the engine is pretty much stock with a hot air HKS intake, hopin to get that out of their soon. Noticed the intake bellows is torn on the side, would rather upgrade to a coupler than oem.

Id love to check out your wheel setup, I think I would need to look into a rear camber kit before going 19's in the rear though. Im currently sittin at almost -4* of camber in the rear :eek:

You should get Angus' turbo kit so I'm not the only one around here!

May be awhile before I drum up that kind of cash, works been slow. Luckily I have a side job and an Integra to sell for the other goodies Id like to purchase.

Where is Angus located? I just checked his profile and says Lynden WA which is about 15 minutes from me. His status says Vancouver though. He have a shop or something up in Canada?

Last edited:
Good luck with what should be a very satisfying auto.

Congratulations - it is an incredibly great automobile. And red is the best - but I'm a bit biased.... :biggrin: Enjoy every mile. Jay

Funny thing is, I told myself id never do red again. This one just so happened to fall into my lap and Im not prepared for a color change, way too much work because I wont do it any other way than correct.

I cant get away from the black spoiler on red car with bronze wheels lol
850000_248_full.jpg

welcome to the NSX world, she looks great, and dont worry about the miles, this car will Out-last an Accord LOL.

How much did you get it for?

May be awhile before I drum up that kind of cash, works been slow. Luckily I have a side job and an Integra to sell for the other goodies Id like to purchase.

Where is Angus located? I just checked his profile and says Lynden WA which is about 15 minutes from me. His status says Vancouver though. He have a shop or something up in Canada?

He is in Vancouver, which isn't much further away. :p I wish I was that close.

He has that WA address to use for shipping and receiving inside the US.

Nice, I head up to Canada quite a bit will have to stop by his shop one of these days :wink:

So far the engine is pretty much stock with a hot air HKS intake, hopin to get that out of their soon. Noticed the intake bellows is torn on the side, would rather upgrade to a coupler than oem.

Stick with the OEM intake. There is not an aftermarket intake that adds any power to the NSX. The OEM is the most efficient.

Welcome to Prime, that NSX is lookin' great! I second what Ken said above- stick to the OEM intake. It is the best engineered design for NA applications. If you want extra growl, just remove the resonator in the fender well.

why did you take carbon fiber overlay off? red looks good just asking and congrats

Honestly, just wasnt my style. Kinda made the car look cheap considering what it is. I liked that the roof had been painted so wanted to get it back to the way it was.

As for the intake, Ive read the threads regarding the stock intake. The stock intake box is hella expensive. The BMC CDA is an enclosed air box using a cone filter. Connected to the throttle body using a coupler and also to the fender duct should be a completely sealed just as the factory system is.

Besides not using the factory resonators and what not that have been tuned to the vehicle should be a fairly good setup. Not sure if anyone on prime has looked into this system before... If not would be happy to get dyno results if someone local wants to lend me a stock air box before and after :biggrin:

Pics for reference if people have never seen the CDA
BMC.jpg

Last edited:
Back