• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just got my new 03 NSX... sort of!

I just wanted to take a couple minutes and officially "join" the community. I have been researching on my little bit of off time and have been very impressed with NSXPrime, and now I own a 2003 NSX! Thanks to everyone here for providing such great information that a new member can fall back on.

Unfortunately, I am in Iraq but am near the end of my 15 month tour. I own the car only through a great thing called power of attorney. Fortunately, things have slowed down for the first time in 12 months, allowing for this purchase to be possible over such a distance. Within a month and a half, hopefully I will have the car in Germany with me!

Car details:
2003 Long Beach Blue Pearl
17000 miles
Comptech Supercharger High Boost
New Camshafts
Wideband O2
AEM FMS
Power Grip 2 clutch
Sway bars
Type R spoiler, Type R hood, new side skirts, rear diffuser
Body color center console, single DIN+LCD for DVD player
(This isn't comprehensive, but the majority of it)

Most work was done by SoS through the previous owner. Once I get it in Germany, I will be replacing the center console with SoS double din, adding nav pod, and installing a DDX812, G510+LZ702W (my current set-up in a 350Z). I am still undecided on color, whether to try to match factory, go for silver, or something close to black and maybe even pearl black. All will depend on what I can find on the German economy, as paint can't be shipped from the states.

I just wanted to take my moment in the spotlight, even though I don't yet have possession of the car! I look forward to being an active member in the community. Pictures are of its trip from NJ to IL, and before long from IL to Germany!

-Jeremy

Attachments

• IMG_2459.jpg
    IMG_2459.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_2461.jpg
    IMG_2461.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_2463.jpg
    IMG_2463.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_2465.jpg
    IMG_2465.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_2466.jpg
    IMG_2466.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 412
  • 8881660830.252987893.IM1.06.565x421_A.316x421.jpg
    8881660830.252987893.IM1.06.565x421_A.316x421.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 350
I can't get enough of that color! Thanks for serving and I hope you enjoy it!

I just wanted to take a couple minutes and officially "join" the community. I have been researching on my little bit of off time and have been very impressed with NSXPrime, and now I own a 2003 NSX! Thanks to everyone here for providing such great information that a new member can fall back on.

Unfortunately, I am in Iraq but am near the end of my 15 month tour. I own the car only through a great thing called power of attorney. Fortunately, things have slowed down for the first time in 12 months, allowing for this purchase to be possible over such a distance. Within a month and a half, hopefully I will have the car in Germany with me!

Car details:
2003 Long Beach Blue Pearl
17000 miles
Comptech Supercharger High Boost
New Camshafts
Wideband O2
AEM FMS
Power Grip 2 clutch
Sway bars
Type R spoiler, Type R hood, new side skirts, rear diffuser
Body color center console, single DIN+LCD for DVD player
(This isn't comprehensive, but the majority of it)

Most work was done by SoS through the previous owner. Once I get it in Germany, I will be replacing the center console with SoS double din, adding nav pod, and installing a DDX812, G510+LZ702W (my current set-up in a 350Z). I am still undecided on color, whether to try to match factory, go for silver, or something close to black and maybe even pearl black. All will depend on what I can find on the German economy, as paint can't be shipped from the states.

I just wanted to take my moment in the spotlight, even though I don't yet have possession of the car! I look forward to being an active member in the community. Pictures are of its trip from NJ to IL, and before long from IL to Germany!

-Jeremy

Nice wheels I remember seeing this car forsale for along time by a private owner in NJ on autotrader..

You will enjoy this car looks like its got plenty of goodies

Welcome and congrats!!! I bet you cant wait to get her and out of the sandbox!

Stay safe and thanks for ur service (from a 12 year AF guy)

Congrats! Beautiful car with some sick mods. I actually knew the owner of your car and he kept great care of it.

First let me say a big thank you for serving for our country! We all owe you a big gratitude :)

Why ship from Illinois to Germany? I'm originally from Illinois and I know that car would be a head turner for sure over there! What mods is on the car since it looks very tastefully done. I love the blue with the NSX-R hood - wow!

Tell us more about your new baby.....CONGRATS!

rk

WTF? Why haven't I seen this car in IL? Doesn't look familiar at all. Beautiful car. Glad you are changing the center console. The blue paint match looks kinda cheasy. Lowering the car would be a nice touch. Interesting that the previous owner painted the shorty rear diffuser. First time I seen that done. Congrats and welcome!

Congrats on your new car. Those are some ugly wheels, i mean the trailer:tongue:. What a car man. That car was on autotrader for sometime. You're one lucky owner now take good care of her.

W E L C O M E & Congratulations on your purchase:smile: I Love Blue cars. :biggrin:

Congrats on the '03. Bought my '02 a couple weeks ago and just got back from deployment a few days ago.

I'm stationed in Germany also (Ramstein), until next spring. Will ship my car from MD to Germany late May/early Jun. What company are you planning to use for shipment to Germany?

Thanks to everyone! Looks like it should be shipping out in the next couple days (sorry, not sure what company- it's through the St. Louis Vehicle Processing Center, but do not have info what company is contracted).

Unfortunately, the hood has been swapped to original. I love the type-R look and function, but I must have a spare for traveling around Europe. Side tints are also coming off for legal reasons. Center console will be swapped as originally mentioned, though I am undecided what color! Do I try glossy black pearl, a subdued black, try to match the aluminum, or simply get something close to aluminum/silverish that is clearly not a match? Tough decisions.

This is what I'd do right away:

Center console - color match.

Remove paint/replace the center tail light.

Remove paint/replace/paint black the Type R spoiler.

Remove paint/paint black the rear diffuserer.

Change stock suspension/lower vehicle.

And then later I'd swap those Avus wheels.

Congrats!

Last edited:
@Rated NSX:
Did you ship your nsx to germany, meanwhile? I live in germany and would like to import a +02 model. How did you get the registration in germany? The TÜV told me, I must change the US Version headlights to EU-Version.

Congrats... beautiful car and thank you for your serving our awesome country.

We will have to update the thread on "How many NSX's left in the USA"... it appears another one is leaving the country. :smile:

It is at least going to a nice home, enjoy it.

@Rated NSX:
Did you ship your nsx to germany, meanwhile? I live in germany and would like to import a +02 model. How did you get the registration in germany? The TÜV told me, I must change the US Version headlights to EU-Version.

Rokk, yep, shipped it the first week of Jun, and it got to Bremerhaven on 24 Jun. I had to ship at my own expense with my own coordination since the US government wouldn't pay for it (because I'm in Germany for less than 12 more months after the car got arrived).

Not sure if you're US gov't sponsored or not, but registration for me was relatively simple, when considering the asinine German and US Army Europe registration bureaucracy (the Army runs registration for US gov't-sponsored folks, and the interface with the German system).

1. On base, I had to show a copy of my title, the bill of laden, proof of insurance, and fill out a temporary registration application.

2. Then had to go to the US Customs office here and get a form stamped.

3. At the port, German customs simply took all the paperwork.

4. After driving it back to base, I had to do the safety inspection and get the permanent registration.

Relatively painless.

The "shakedown" from the German company (not the shipping company, EH Harms), BLG CarShipping GmbH was another story. When I got to the port, I dad to pay 160 Euros that they didn't tell me about until I got there. Or I wouldn't get my car. Period. What if I didn't have the money! The 6 hour trip to the port would have been a wast! Make sure that whatever shipping company you use does not use/work with BLG!!!!!

That sounds like erroneous info on the lights; I didn't have to change anything. And us US gov't-sponsored folks have to abide by almost all German laws, like tinting, etc.

jstratm and Rokk, where are you located? I'm at Ramstein. It's weird but great how 3 NSXs have been/are being shipped to Germany within a few months of each other! Obviously we must meet.

BTW, expect CONSTANT stares in Germany, even in big cities like Hamburg.

Auf wiedersehen USA, guten tag Germany! You bought yourself a very nice car, in a unique color, and nicely appointed. Your console mod is what I would consider, too. Congrats and welcome to Prime!

Can you PM me which # it is? It would be a good data point to add to my records. :)

Welcome and thanks for your service! Congrats on such a nice looking ride!

@Rated NSX:

I live in Cloppenburg near Bremen. Ramstein is about 500 km (3,5 hour) away from Cloppenburg.:rolleyes:
Not sure if you're US gov't sponsored or not
No, I#m a german citizen. Therefore, the headlights have to be changed before getting a german registration. :confused:

How much is the shipping to germany? A US-Dealer makes me an offer = $1700. Is it OK?

Obviously we must meet.
It would be great. Never saw a +02 NSX in Germany. On Pictures I like it more than the early models.

@Rated NSX:

I live in Cloppenburg near Bremen. Ramstein is about 500 km (3,5 hour) away from Cloppenburg.:rolleyes:

I wish I had known; on July 3rd we drove through Bremer after picking up the car in Bremerhaven. Was even thinking about stopping in Bremer!

How much is the shipping to germany? A US-Dealer makes me an offer = $1700. Is it OK?

From where are you shipping? $1700 sounds excessive, unless you're shipping from further inland from where I shipped. Was $850 for me to ship from Baltimore to Bremerhaven.

Back