• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just installed K&N Filtercharger...

What an awsome sound it makes. You can hear it sucking in air anywhere above 4000 rpm. Very cool. Looks nice too.

Not sure there is any hp gain, but I don't care.

Anyone else done this mod?

------------------
94 Red & Tan NSX. One of 35 made that year.

Hi Kenji,

I know your car well. Remember?

The mod does not add hp. Stock intake is excellent. It just looks and sounds better. K&N is roughly $300 new. Very easy install. 30 mins maybe

------------------

Originally posted by Flying Low:
K&N is roughly $300 new.

You can get a K&N replacement for the stock airbox for around $80.

I have an extra one, new, never used, that I'll sell for $60 plus shipping if anyone's interested.

Just for the record, mine is not a stock replacement K&N. It is the cone shaped filtercharger which eliminates the stock airbox.

because of the lack of hp gain I don't see the point in getting a stock replacement filter. It only lasts longer than stock. The cone shaped K&N adds a great sound and look. Just my opinion.

------------------

HI,
I INSTALLED THE CONE SHAPE K&N AND WAS IMPRESSED WITH THE SOUND. THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS A WHISTLING SOUND WHEN YOU THROTTLE DOWN. THE OVERALL SYSTEM IMPROVED WITH THE ADDITION OF AN EXHAUST SYSTEM (RM RACINGS). THE THEORY: LOTS OF AIR IN NEEDS LOTS OF AIR OUT.

Back