• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just installed WhiteNSXs HIDS kit

Wow. It was total cake to install and they look fantastic! I'm so glad I did them. Here's a comparision part way through the install... Old vs. New.

hmmm.. somehow my attachment didn't seem to make it. Lets try this again.

Attachments

• HIDSsmall_b.jpg
    HIDSsmall_b.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 849
SaberX:

I too am considering that kit. Did you get the 6000 K bulb? Is the photo you posted on your second post the "before "or" after" the HID conversion?
åre you happy with the light output from the HID's?

Thanks for your help

JH_nsx

could you please include details of your mod ie: what did you buy, how much was it, did you need to alter the car to make it fit, where can I get the kit. any info to help us make the conversion.

thank you :D :D :D :D :D

I had the NSX for 2 days but I had a 8000K HID Kit for 8 months waiting for a NSX to go into. :D

subayai said:
could you please include details of your mod ie: what did you buy, how much was it, did you need to alter the car to make it fit, where can I get the kit. any info to help us make the conversion.

thank you :D :D :D :D :D
Hi, the kit is built by me. There is no alteration whatsoever to the car or any wiring. The 6000k kit is $420 and the 5300k kit is $400. Please let me know if you want to purchase so that I can start building you a kit.
Thanks,
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
Hi, the kit is built by me. There is no alteration whatsoever to the car or any wiring. The 6000k kit is $420 and the 5300k kit is $400. Please let me know if you want to purchase so that I can start building you a kit.
Thanks,
Steve

Steve,
How long does it take to build a kit? What would the estimated time of installation take also?

92NSX said:
Steve,
How long does it take to build a kit? What would the estimated time of installation take also?

I installed mine in about an hour. It depends how fussy that weather cap is being. I am happy with mine though. I bought 6000K.

Whatever happend to it being illegal to sell HID kits? Seems the only one to stop selling them was SoS. :confused:

NetViper said:
I installed mine in about an hour. It depends how fussy that weather cap is being. I am happy with mine though. I bought 6000K.

Whatever happend to it being illegal to sell HID kits? Seems the only one to stop selling them was SoS. :confused:

ebay is unstoppable.

One of my HID distributor was force to recall all the HID kit they sold and refund the sale. I saw Pallets of returned HID kits scheduled to be destroyed.. :( I asked if I can have a couple but they say no. because someone can return them for Cash it these gets out.

anyways I hear that some of the mayor HID import relocated just outside of the border. This way they can ship it in without all the hassle of being located in the US.

I bought a set of the 5300's from Steve and am waiting for them to arrive, any day now - Can't wait after seeing the pictures posted above. Now I just have to drive the NSX at night!

You guys will love them for sure. They are very easy to install with very clear directions. The only "gotcha" I had was at the very end I had to redo the alignment of the passenger headlight cover because it was a tad too high. I didn't have it aligned quite right when I screwed it back in. When I put the hood down I noticed that it was slightly raised and had to reset it in place (5 minutes).
I love using the HIDS - it really adds to the driving experience at night. Now that it's starting to turn into winter and its getting dark earlier, it's just more reason to go for a drive. ;-)

Brian2by2 said:
Whats the difference between your kit and other HID Kits? I don't mean to put your product down, and we all appreciate you making this kit, but my local speed shop will sell me a 8000k kit installed for $375.
My kit has custom parts and modifications that make it a true NSX-specific plug-and-play, and unplug-and-back to stock kit. Some people, including myself, enjoy DIY projects that greatly enhance their car and don't like someone else installing electrical devices and modifying wirings in their NSXs. Having that in mind, I built these kits to fit into that easy,minimal mechanical and electrical skill DIY niche. There are great variations in qualities and prices of different kits too. My kits are by no means the cheapest kits around but I believe they are high quality and are the ONLY NSX-specific kits AND at the same time remain to be universal 9006 kits fitting other cars too. One can easily unplug the kit from his/her NSX and install it in other car that uses 9006. It is a new hobby for me and I am having a lot of fun doing it. Sort of like getting a fix and fueling it at the same time. Doctor by day and NSX addict by night as NSXHK put it.:D LOL. I am truly gratefull for all the people who have given me this opportunity to continue this hobby.
Regards,
Steve

Thanks for explanation! You bring up a lot of good points! When I do decide to get an HID kit (sick of driving everywhere with high beams lol) I'll be taking one from you. I have no problem spending the extra money, especially if its going to another NSX member instead of a greedy speed shop ;) Plus, I also enjoy DIY projects.

Do you have any more powerful HID kits though?

Brian2by2 said:
Thanks for explanation! You bring up a lot of good points! When I do decide to get an HID kit (sick of driving everywhere with high beams lol) I'll be taking one from you. I have no problem spending the extra money, especially if its going to another NSX member instead of a greedy speed shop ;) Plus, I also enjoy DIY projects.

Do you have any more powerful HID kits though?
I will be more than happy to build you a kit. I have them in stock and please let me know when you are ready.
Thanks,
Steve

I installed whiteNSXs 5300K kit about 2 months ago and I am very happy! It took me about 1 hour to install because I was being very particular on hiding the ballast and wires. whiteNSXs kit is truly plug and play and the build quality is excellent. It is also a cinch to convert back to the stock lights, although I don't know why you would!

Brian2by2 said:
Most importantly, why do the new Ford F250/350's come with HID's and a LIFT KIT!?!? Thats like SUICIDE!!! Permanent HID High Beams for people in low pro cars!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought about this all day. No FORD product, with the exception of the new GT, comes with HID's from the factory. The Super Duty series come with jewel type lenses but aren't HID. The price dictates as such, trust me.
Lincoln's have and do currently come with them. Namely the Mark VIII's, Town Cars, Montegos and Navigators to name a few.
Ford doesn't offer an OEM lift kit to my knowledge either. I see new ones coming in all day and they are standard height. The tires and suspesion may give the appearance of a lift kit but it's not. Now once the truck gets to the dealer then, we have the ability to modify the trucks as we see fit to help them sell. The warranty on the modified trucks is the same but the aftermarket parts carry their own warranty. It is not covered by FMC.

Last edited:
Not sure if SaberX mentioned it in this thread yet, but I wanted to note that the "Before" state of that car was NOT normal bulbs. It had Silvania Cool Blue high beam bulbs in the low beam sockets, so the "before" was actually brighter and whiter than normal, even. So the difference should be more substantial on a NSX with normal bulbs.

-Mike

Back