• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Just installed WhiteNSXs HIDS kit

HIDs look good. Output looks almost exactly like my McCulloch 5300K HIDs on my NSX. Some say the McCulloch HID ballats are a POS, some say the "new ones" are good..... eitherway it's working great on my car for almost 6 months now and look even more white after they've broken in. Here's a post I made back in June with some pics and videos: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34479

As for aftermarket HID kits being illegal now, that is true. However, how often do you see a "high end" car like a NSX getting pulled over because of the headlights, unless it's really a wacky looking color from a crappy bulb being emitted? I do see lots of Civics & Integras with aftermarket HID kits getting pulled over and sited for their headlights with aftermarket HID kits, but I figure the law enforcement would see the NSX as more of an exotic car and consider the headlights as a factory mod and think nothing else of it :D

Must be a pretty bored and educated cop to do HID enforcement (very unlikely to find both qualities at the same time). He would need some pretty decent probable cause to open the hood and nose around. I can easily estimate that 99.99% of all cops cannot tell a HID from a Halogen. What about a "stealthy" install, or knowledge of which years of the NSX came with HIDs stock.

Nope, the cop won't take a chance to look like a fool if he can help it.

I'm wondering how they would even write up the citation too. The CA VC code specifies only white light from the headlights, which is presumeably what all the ricers are getting written up for.

If the HIDs are throwing out white light and properly adjusted: I just can't see a successful stop and citation for a HID violation. This sounds like a "feel good" law, where it sounds good, but quite unenforceable.

Bah. Stupid law regardless. Nothing to worry about.

As for Lincoln not being a Ford, I disagree. Lincoln's are made of Ford part numbers and that is all there is to it.

Drew

Just got mine today .. I got the 5300K kit, and installed it after work. This is my first time doing a DIY mod, so I took my time! The instructions are grea, detailed and easy to follow. Even for someone who's not good at mechanical stuff, it was pretty easy to install, and everything worked perfectly. I haven't taken it out of the house yet, but I really like what I see .. probably this weekend, I'll take it out in the evening to see how much the light has changed!!

Thanks, Steve for a great and easy to install kit!!
Now I have to think of changing the parking light to make it closer to white! :D

Cheers .. Gus

After seeing the HID's on Brian's car at NSXPO, I totally want a set now too! They look AWESOME! Question about DIY: I really *SUCK* at doing anything mechanical. The most DIY I've done is change the interior light bulbs and put in that broken-door-handle-fix piece. I know people have said the instructions are clear and straightforward, but is the install really plug and play and simple enough for a non-DIY'er like me?

Arshad,
I totally S$#K at mechanical stuff .. and I was initially worried that I would royally mess things up with doing it myself .. but after reading the instructions and doing the mod .. it was not bad at all.

Cheers .. Gus

Excellent, thanks! I think I'm going to go ahead and order this kit -- I didn't realize HID was so affordable. I remember looking at it a few years back and it was north of $2k...

Back